Issue HELP: Joining a multiplayer game with dual screens

efekt

Newcomer
Hi all,
I'll try to describe my issue by explaining what I used to do prior to patch 1.5: I used to play with my kids by hosting a game on my laptop, and my 2 kids joining from my desktop using the "SplitScreen" mod with SMAPI while running 2 instances of the game, 1 for each screen (one plays with keyboard and mouse, the other with gamepad).
Now, since SDV was updated with v1.5 the "SplitScreen" mod is no longer working - can I somehow reproduce this setting with the game's current version?
I know I can play split screen natively using the multiplayer options screen, but not when I'm joining an existing session (the in-game multiplayer options won't show unless the current player is the host).

I hope I successfully made my explanation pass through 👍

Odin

Staff member
Hi! As this is a question about a mod, I've moved the thread to the Mod Support section. I'm not familiar with that particular mod, but unfortunately I suspect with 1.5 adding a native version of splitscreen co-op, there may be less of a change of it receiving future updates. Although I do see the mod covers a number of use cases the native version of splitscreen doesn't.

efekt

Newcomer
Hi! As this is a question about a mod, I've moved the thread to the Mod Support section. I'm not familiar with that particular mod, but unfortunately I suspect with 1.5 adding a native version of splitscreen co-op, there may be less of a change of it receiving future updates. Although I do see the mod covers a number of use cases the native version of splitscreen doesn't.
Thanks, I couldn't decide if it fits the mods forum or the "vanilla" one... Hopefully someone here could help somehow...