Unofficial mod updates

2xpeter

Cowpoke
Thanks! I'll start to make a list of those ID's and implement them later today or tomorrow - depends on how much I'll be playing hahaha.

So, it actually only grabs forageables from a preset list, that's why it can't grab new items, I believe that once I update that internal list, it will be able to harvest ginger as well, because the requirement for the scythe is a property of the crop, and it already reads it for other crops.

It's a similar thing for Fruit Trees, it should work with all the new trees without any issue, as longs as they behave and can be treated the same way as the older ones.

Oh excellent and yes it already works on new fruit trees with the previous unoffical update.

But do go and enjoy the game, thank u to u and all the other modders for all the work u guys put into it!

I kinda want to ask to also harvest the coconuts in the trees but that might be too op. Then again global foraging is pretty op

Xyarvius

Greenhorn
I fixed/updated the mod Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters:
- fixed error in content.json
- moved Egg Festival dialogue of year 2 to year 4 to avoid conflict with new official year 2 dialogue
- light testing for character dialogues
- reformatting and validtaion of json files

V2:
- reverted the change of moving egg festival dialogue to year 4 since the game seem to force official year 2 dialogue of egg festival every two years (2,4,6 etc.). The modded year 2 dialogue of egg festival can randomly appear after year 3.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyff

Tiller
Okay, this might be silly but I am going to ask. Is there a way yo update https://smapi.io/mods? I have noticed that several mods are currently broken in 1.5, but the page says that they are fixed. One of them being Casks everywhere. This mod is not functioning in the1.5 game. I started a new game as well.
edit: It seems like a lot of the compatibility set is still for 1.3 and 1.4....
you can try custom cask instead.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Thanks for this--it should help a lot of people. I'm completely mystified because I've been using the same version of the mod (2.5.2-unofficial.5-Strobe) with my new 1.5 game and have had absolutely none of the issues reported here. Global forage and crops work fine (not for new 1.5 forage, but that's reasonable; I'm very early in my first year, so I don't mind not getting late-game goodies); no divide-by-zero errors. I'm certainly not complaining--just thoroughly confused!

Actually, I may be having one issue with my version: no XP. Frogfrag, does your version correctly give XP for gathering forage and harvesting crops?
It's probably because in a new game you don't have one of the Crops that have 0 for the property that gives the error, I am only aware of the Coffee beans right now, because that's the crop that triggered the error in my game, I'll need to dig further, much further, and test with many more crops to make sure others don't give the same problem.

I'm not sure about the XP, I play without it, I'll make some more tests later, it certainly seems ok looking at the code, but just as with the property that triggered the exception, there may be something else with a value of 0 that shouldn't be, just not giving an exception because it's not being used in a division, but a multiply operation - As far as I've seen the XP is a function that multiplies some points.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Oh excellent and yes it already works on new fruit trees with the previous unoffical update.

But do go and enjoy the game, thank u to u and all the other modders for all the work u guys put into it!

I kinda want to ask to also harvest the coconuts in the trees but that might be too op. Then again global foraging is pretty op
You're welcome! It should be possible to harvest coconuts, but I'm new to modding SDV, I can look into that but I'll need to learn more about the game APIs.

MrZeffy

Cowpoke
Regarding: UI Info Suite
Zoom out all the way and it fixes it
UI Scale is at 100% , Zoom is at 100% in this case // Also it seems that the misaligned heart texture scales with the UI, what other steps did ya take to fix this?
My question is, Have you confirmed that you have a full heart with the person? I have noticed that if you have less than a full heart(point total), it will fill in part of the heart.
The imgur post and what I see are the same, the hearts themselves are misaligned: https://imgur.com/Uo1nLs4 // I've also checked and seen this with slivers of heart until it becomes a complete heart, its just always misaligned by 1 pixel until it becomes a full heart

millsj13

Sodbuster
The growing length of this thread has made searching difficult so I have compiled a list of mods referenced in this thread and where you will find the latest post # info about them within this thread. The reference may not always be an updated file, but will provide reference to relevant info regarding the mod. Remember, the number is the post number in this thread which you will find on the top right of each post.

Always keep SMAPI and Content Patcher updated as well as TMXL and PYTK if required (all updated on Nexus).
A Vibrant Pastoral Recolor #296
Adapt Skin #116
AdoptSkin_3.2.0-Beta.1.4 #439
Always On #237
Animal Chooser #376
Animal Sitter #313
Auto Animal Doors #311
Auto Farm Screenshot #157
Better Fruit Trees #118
Better Ranching #113
Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters #464
Cat Gifts #113 #369
Child to NPC #256
Climates of Ferngill #178
Convenient Chests #126 & #462
Crab Net #424
Crop Transplant Mod #341
Daily Task Report #371 #463
Delux Autograbber #408 & #418 & #450
Dynamic Night Time #94
Expanded Fridge #119
Experience Bars #273
Generic Mod Config Menu #305 Official update located Here
Hilltop Immersive Farm #344
Horse Whistle #65 Added to version 1.5
Huggable Scarecrows #379
Industrial Furniture Set #358
Ladder Locator #377
Line Sprinklers #271
Loved Labels #337
Luck Skill #299
Mi’s & Magimatica Country Furniture #358
Paritee’s Better Farm Animal Variety #62
Plantable Mushroom trees #419 Plantable mushroom added to version 1.5
Reset Terrain Features #225
Seasonal Garden Farmhouse v2 #388
Skill Prestige Mod #262
Skull Cavern Elevator #285
Stack to Nearby Chests #94
Stardew Notifications #279
TehPers Fishing Overhaul #359 & #406
Tool Geodes #231
UI Info Suite #61
Vintage Interface Multipack #45
What Are You Missing #113
Witchyfarm #80

I hope that this can help people find what they are looking for. The Mod Compatibility list will undoubtedly be updated when time permits so always refer to that.

Re-posted and updated

Last edited:

realihzayshun

Greenhorn
Hi! There's an unofficial update that is compatible with the current version of SMAPI and SDV here. To make compatible with mods such as Stardew Valley Expanded and More Fish (or any other mod that adds new fish into the game), load a game with all fishing mods installed, then go into the Teh's Fishing Overhaul mod folder, delete the fish.json and fishtraits.json files and press F5 to reload the mod, it will then update the mod with the modded fish instead of the default fish. If there's any errors (I've gotten a weird error where I started catching cooking items while fishing for some reason) just repeat the same process once or twice and you should be able to get it working.
Hm, that gave me the following error on a brand new beach farm game with no other mods installed:
[14:35:52 ERROR Teh's Fishing Overhaul] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TehPers.Core.Json.IJsonApi TehPers.Core.Json.Extensions.GetJsonApi(TehPers.Core.ITehCoreApi)'.
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper) in C:\sdv_mods\My_FishingOverhaul\TehPers.FishingOverhaul\Configs\ConfigMain.cs:line 16
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1447

Has anyone else run into this error?

KingJoshington

Greenhorn
There should be an official beta update for GMCM in spacechase0's mod server, he links it on most of his mod pages. For Plato Warp Menu, you can use CJB Cheats Menu in the meantime.
I found his mod repository here if anyone else is interested ... however, upon installing it, it doesn't seem to work because I can't see the icon on the menu to actually access it.
If anyone else has any solutions, I'd be very happy to hear them. It is currently almost impossible to use GMCM as it is now with the double click issue.

floofwolfe

Tiller
The only 'can't live without' mods I have left to request are ChestEx and Combat Controls.
ChestEx: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4180?tab=description
Combat Controls: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2590?tab=description

The author of ChestEx says they have a big update in the works to overhaul the chest menus for when 1.5 patches slow down, but I would absolutely kill for a basic patch to bring back the base functionality for 1.5. I know something about chest size/data is stored differently in 1.5 so maybe this would be a big undertaking, idk - the author of Automate made some notes about those changes here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/StardewMods/blob/stable/Automate/release-notes.md#release-notes

Someone in the Combat Controls discussion section did try recompiling the code and almost got it working... but then it seems to have caused a bunch of other issues that broke it, so maybe that one's a complicated one as well. xP

johannsyah

Greenhorn
Thank you everyone for all the hard work!

Would anyone be able to patch this up for me? It's the MURDERDRONE mod.

Also, Sauvignon would be great. Or if anyone could suggest a similar mod for the winery building. It does not have to have the distillery profession. I mostly want the building.

Reupping for Murder Drone. Would someone be so kind to update it?

abbsalot

Greenhorn
Yeah, there are some issues with multiplayer that still need to be ironed out. Can you give an example log from the times it's crashed? Also, you can try this newer build. It doesn't fix all of the multiplayer issues, but should hopefully be at least a bit better.
Ah thank you so much!
Here is one log I parsed as farmhand: https://smapi.io/log/4f7c94e0db924cc397f66ec50c83f093
Another parsed log as farmhand where the game started running very poorly so I logged out and found a ton of errors o.o: https://smapi.io/log/2690688b37244db69d2a8ed588ebab01

I feel like I broke it somehow lol.

It seems like most of the issues are coming from the reference IDs on the pets. The horse and other farm animals have IDs other 0 for me as farmhand, but the pets are coded 0. After unistalling the mod and reinstalling, some pets are coded 0 for the host as well.

I will use the newer version and let you know how it goes! Thanks again :)

Edited to add descriptions of errors when using updated file:

- players appear invisible each morning until exiting the house. When exiting to the farm they are visible again. When re-entering the house, players are visible.
- hover over pets to see name (from UI Suite) now works (in last version the whole row the pet was on would display at that pet's name when hovered over)
- animal IDs still registering 0 for host and farmhand (varies by animal, attached screenshot of host and farmhand command console displaying the discrepancies)
- the dog skin the mod comes with is now not working
- coop animal skins are working fine, both the host and I can see the skins
- when adding Elle's horse skin, farmhand can see the skin and horse, host cannot see either (we both have it in the folder), but the host can still ride the "invisible horse".
- when adding Elle's horse skin, the horse will occasionally duplicate itself. When the duplicate is dismounted, it disappears, and the original stays where it was originally duplicated from. After doing this several times the horse will stop duplicating, but the issue will randomly resurface.

Edited to add new parsed log

Hope this info is useful in any way!

Attachments

Last edited:

Giovanni49

Greenhorn
Adapt Skin #116
Always On #237
Animal Chooser #376
Animal Sitter #313
Auto Animal Doors #311
Better Fruit Trees #118
Better Ranching #113
Cat Gifts #113 #369
Child to NPC #256
Crab Net #424
Crop Transplant Mod #341
Dynamic Night Time #94
Expanded Fridge #119
Experience Bars #273
Huggable Scarecrows #379
Ladder Locator #377
Line Sprinklers #271
Loved Labels #337
Luck Skill #299
Skill Prestige Mod #262
Tool Geodes #231
UI Info Suite #61
Witchyfarm #80

I hope that this can help people find what they are looking for. The Mod Compatibility list will undoubtedly be updated when time permits so always refer to that.

Re-posted and updated
reset terrain features is wrong isnt?

pxlybius

Tiller
Adapt Skin #116
Always On #237
Animal Chooser #376
Animal Sitter #313
Auto Animal Doors #311
Better Fruit Trees #118
Better Ranching #113
Cat Gifts #113 #369
Child to NPC #256
Crab Net #424
Crop Transplant Mod #341
Dynamic Night Time #94
Expanded Fridge #119
Experience Bars #273
Huggable Scarecrows #379
Ladder Locator #377
Line Sprinklers #271
Loved Labels #337
Luck Skill #299
Skill Prestige Mod #262
Tool Geodes #231
UI Info Suite #61
Witchyfarm #80

Re-posted and updated
the BFAV unofficial update referenced here doesn't work.

Bonster

Tiller
Hey guys!

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
It works! Excellent! Thanks to both you and Strobe for all your hard work on this.

di-lyn8

Greenhorn
Hey guys!

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
I've tried commenting on this pull request, but @Strobe hasn't responded.

Thanks for making an unofficial update!