Bobber and Angler Combo

Orl628

Newcomer
Hi everyone! I think I played this game 15+ times now, and it's truly delightful every time. So first of all, thanks to the designers for making such an awesome game!

Until now, I've been able to find answers to every unexpected combo or rule interaction, but this one stumps me. If I have a Bobber (say, a Lead Bobber) together with the Angler profession, does the Bobber apply to the Angler card?

Lead Bobber: "You may attempt to catch Ocean Fish from any Fishing location".
Angler: "Before fishing, may spend 3 Gold to catch any fish in current location".

Do these two together imply "Before fishing, may spend 3 Gold to catch any fish in current location or any Ocean Fish"?

Odin

Staff member
Personally the language makes me think these are not intended to be combined, due to the lead bobber using the word "attempt". If you spend 3 gold to catch a fish, that doesn't feel like an attempt to catch a fish. I'm not the game designer though, so that's just a guess on my part.

It's also worth saying that no one is going to stop you from interpreting this whichever way seems fairest for your own games.

Hi everyone! I think I played this game 15+ times now, and it's truly delightful every time. So first of all, thanks to the designers for making such an awesome game!

Until now, I've been able to find answers to every unexpected combo or rule interaction, but this one stumps me. If I have a Bobber (say, a Lead Bobber) together with the Angler profession, does the Bobber apply to the Angler card?

Lead Bobber: "You may attempt to catch Ocean Fish from any Fishing location".
Angler: "Before fishing, may spend 3 Gold to catch any fish in current location".

Do these two together imply "Before fishing, may spend 3 Gold to catch any fish in current location or any Ocean Fish"?
If those comboed...