What are you looking forward to the most in 1.6?

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm asking the people who don't have it yet but arrival is imminent!

I will likely make a new forest farm n document it, but document it in a way where I explain how tree forestry is viable. After all, I have some of the best experience in it and I am so excited to show y'all how lucrative trees can be with little work, or steady but healthy and fulfilling work on this game. Stoked

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As someone who's primarily been playing mobile over the last year, I'm really waiting for the scythe primarily, mobile harvesting is so incredibly slow so the scythe will be a tremendous boon.

Honestly just messing around with everything, I only really tried the new stuff out for a day or two on pc (speedran everything on release), so it'll be nice to actually incorporate them into real play instead of a single crazy rush

stardew_luv

Farmer
I'm asking the people who don't have it yet but arrival is imminent!

I will likely make a new forest farm n document it, but document it in a way where I explain how tree forestry is viable. After all, I have some of the best experience in it and I am so excited to show y'all how lucrative trees can be with little work, or steady but healthy and fulfilling work on this game. Stoked
That’s always cool to make money in alternate ways! I love your idea, but the forest farm doesn’t have that many trees compared to the standard and even a little lesser the 4 Corners farm. That being said it does have eight hardwood stumps that spawn daily unless you build something on top of them while they are missing. Hardwood can definitely help rake in coins from chopping those down daily. I LOVE your idea I just think you might prefer a different farm if you are looking for sheer number of trees. But it WOULD definitely be the right scenery for your idea and yes that hardwood and forage rocks!

stardew_luv

Farmer
Personally I’m looking forward to
iridium scythe, dehydrators, and fish smokers. I NEED iridium scythe cause as @FilthyGorilla said it’s sooo slow harvesting. The other two look like interesting and fun new ways to make money. Also the heavy furnace to save time later game with skull cavern and volcano runs. The at home forge is so handy mid game! Green rain in my opinion is really cool the first few times but after that it’s just meh another summer day. DO make sure to talk to all the villagers you can that first year they are priceless. Some stay at home, many gather at the saloon.
I’m not going to say anything more cause I don’t want to ruin fun. But MOST OF ALL I’m looking forward to being able to play mobile cause I can’t use my mouse anymore and I’m still able to touch screen and use Apple Pencil to play my 1.5. It will also be great for hospital visits which will be a plentiful the next 4-6 months. Thanks again and perfect timing CA🤩

I'm looking forward to trying the meadowlands farm that comes with a coop and two chickens. The chickens come with cute little pair names like Salt & Pepper!
It's going to be fun to have multiple pets, pet turtles, and get gifts from pets! Can they bring fish? Forage items?
I would like to use the tent to sleep in the desert! Can I also bring a TV to check my luck?
And it's really going to be neat to see the fish I caught in the community center fish tank! Maybe not as exciting as sitting but I've always wanted to see the fish in there.

LRangerR

Local Legend
That’s always cool to make money in alternate ways! I love your idea, but the forest farm doesn’t have that many trees compared to the standard and even a little lesser the 4 Corners farm. That being said it does have eight hardwood stumps that spawn daily unless you build something on top of them while they are missing. Hardwood can definitely help rake in coins from chopping those down daily. I LOVE your idea I just think you might prefer a different farm if you are looking for sheer number of trees. But it WOULD definitely be the right scenery for your idea and yes that hardwood and forage rocks!
*Ahem*
I always create a forest farm on the standard map. All trees all day!

Oh, and one coop full of bunbuns

LRangerR

Local Legend
Also, I am loving the responses here. I have the memory of a goldfish so I had forgotten most of these things were a thing. 1.6 is such a huge update, there's just so much. I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the buffman shirt, because you get it from trees

stardew_luv

Farmer
I'm looking forward to trying the meadowlands farm that comes with a coop and two chickens. The chickens come with cute little pair names like Salt & Pepper!
It's going to be fun to have multiple pets, pet turtles, and get gifts from pets! Can they bring fish? Forage items?
I would like to use the tent to sleep in the desert! Can I also bring a TV to check my luck?
And it's really going to be neat to see the fish I caught in the community center fish tank! Maybe not as exciting as sitting but I've always wanted to see the fish in there.
Ooh I forgot multiple pets. I should’ve remembered cause I always make a mini pet animal rescue now on my farm now. I just forgot it wasn’t there before except occasionally I was blessed with a rare glitch of twins of whatever animal I picked in 1.5. Never did figure out what caused that to trigger but it was fun and sad both. Cause without two bowls they stayed almost attached to each other, but sometimes at night outside or in the house they would separate.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Books - can you read them? Can you sit down on a Saturday afternoon and read them? Does content appear on the screen? Or is it all like the Dwarvish Lexicon, just artifacts that confer abilities?
You can "read" them but it's just an action rather than actually reading through them.

You can read the regular lost books at the museum though, not the same thing however