long play throughs on youtube question

Akuriko

Farmhand
Hi All, i been pondering doing a weekly long play through on youtube, I was curious what is the % of people who would watch it, or is it even worth it, anyways just a thought, I got over 640 hours into the game, I am loving it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think I would just go ahead and do it if it's something you're interested in

Long let's plays and stardew on youtube in general don't really mesh the best (from a purely view based criteria) but I have watched some videos from this guy that just makes one unedited video of a day in stardew per irl day which is very relaxing for those interested in that style

I personally just post small clips of breaking the game in some way - on of my next videos is how to use glitches to get 5 mil a day from blackberry bushes. I'm of course a tiny youtuber but those seem to do a lot better for me than anything long

Rhiannon

Farmer
Hi All, i been pondering doing a weekly long play through on youtube, I was curious what is the % of people who would watch it, or is it even worth it, anyways just a thought, I got over 640 hours into the game, I am loving it.
On my channel, the second most watched video in the last 28 days was a Stardew Valley game play video with over 1,300 views. I have a mixture of RPGs like Baldur's Gate 3 and Oblivion and then some chill games like SDV. Having said that, I don't think most of my viewers watch to the end of the videos which are an hour or so long.

Having said THAT, I have been told by some amazing mentors that I should do what I enjoy doing. And that's what I'm doing. I'm having a great time with my channel and if other people find that valuable, great! If they don't, I will keep on doing what I like to do.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
On my channel, the second most watched video in the last 28 days was a Stardew Valley game play video with over 1,300 views. I have a mixture of RPGs like Baldur's Gate 3 and Oblivion and then some chill games like SDV. Having said that, I don't think most of my viewers watch to the end of the videos which are an hour or so long.

Having said THAT, I have been told by some amazing mentors that I should do what I enjoy doing. And that's what I'm doing. I'm having a great time with my channel and if other people find that valuable, great! If they don't, I will keep on doing what I like to do.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
This ABSOLUTELY

It's all about doing what you enjoy and have fun in the process rather than the 'reward' in the views you get

You'll definitely get folks who are genuinely interested to watch something with passion put into it and may get some real traction from there

Rhiannon

Farmer
This ABSOLUTELY

It's all about doing what you enjoy and have fun in the process rather than the 'reward' in the views you get

You'll definitely get folks who are genuinely interested to watch something with passion put into it and may get some real traction from there
Correct. It's the passion for things that pull people in. I have watched videos from YouTubers who are obviously just trying to get clicks. They aren't enjoying what they are doing. It makes for uninteresting content. I'm having a blast playing the games that I'm playing. My reactions are genuine. And my viewers who comment mention they like that.

So paying forward what my mentors have shared with me: just do what you enjoy. Have fun!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You should absolutely share your yt channel in the designated creator sharing thread here on the forums, it's a very direct and easy way to spread your channel a bit

You can also add it to your signature on the forums like rhiannon and myself do