What do you go to Cindersap Forest most for?

What do you visit Cindersap for? Up to 3 choices

• Chop trees to make pleasant meadow

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Chat with Traveling Cart Lady about pig husbandry

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Forage (including stone and wood debris)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Visit Wizard (change appearance, buildings, snide comments about rickety rockpiles)

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Visit Hat mouse

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Fish (River/Lake/Glacierfish, etc.)

• Visit Leah

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • shortcut to Beach (after upgrade)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • omw to Secret Woods

• new v1.6 area

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • new v1.6 neighbors

• visit Marnie for microwave burrito advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am FilthyGorilla or Ferris Bueller, this is Machine Shop #3

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Visit Trash Bear

• Total voters
My experience is that they suddenly become a lot more common when I'm trying to fish for something specific, like perch. :D
In my game, this seems to happen a lot too. When I get a quest to catch certain fish (i.e. Sunfish, Red Snapper), then I seemingly get buckets-full of all the other fish available in the area while that specific fish that I need for the quest seem to be as rare as legendary fish. Even if I get quests for certain Gems (Ruby, Topaz), those specific gems seem rare to encounter in fishing treasure chests and gem nodes from any form of mines. Oddly enough, I haven't had that same type of "rarity effect" to deal with on Clint's quests to mine a certain amount of a certain type of ore.

I'm beginning to think that there is a hard-coded "artificial rarity spike" that takes effect when you get quests for a specific item.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I was going to say something like "ha! none of the above, I have a huge machine compound there filled with..."

Realized I was an option :')
😆 👍 i was really suprised, too!
Some people stand out from the crowd, especially with this poll. :toothy: In another forum I've been at since the '90s, one person simply is an option in all polls. The great thing is, none of us can remember what they did to earn that distinction.

Tradition can be fun!

Some people stand out from the crowd, especially with this poll. :toothy: In another forum I've been at since the '90s, one person simply is an option in all polls. The great thing is, none of us can remember what they did to earn that distinction.

Tradition can be fun!
ok thanks a lot :heart: that put a smile on my face and you made my day with that! for sure!!! what is that other forum? which game?

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
ok thanks a lot :heart: that put a smile on my face and you made my day with that! for sure!!! what is that other forum? which game?
Not a gaming forum but a Mac forum from the bad old days in 1997 when Apple was about to go bankrupt.

It's been a weird ride with those people, from a company that all but self-destructed to regaining and then losing their former founder to the most valuable company in the world. Most of the people in the forum at the start were working professionals in their 40s and 50s, a lot of graphic designers as you might expect. Now they're mostly retired, in their 60s to 80s and a number have died of old age and other causes :frown:. It's been an odd and wonderful meta-relationship with a number of special people I've never met in person but have known and lost for over a quarter century.