What do you go to Cindersap Forest most for?

What do you visit Cindersap for? Up to 3 choices

• Chop trees to make pleasant meadow

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Chat with Traveling Cart Lady about pig husbandry

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Forage (including stone and wood debris)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Visit Wizard (change appearance, buildings, snide comments about rickety rockpiles)

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Visit Hat mouse

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Fish (River/Lake/Glacierfish, etc.)

• Visit Leah

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • shortcut to Beach (after upgrade)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • omw to Secret Woods

• new v1.6 area

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • new v1.6 neighbors

• visit Marnie for microwave burrito advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am FilthyGorilla or Ferris Bueller, this is Machine Shop #3

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Visit Trash Bear

• Total voters

Lew Zealand

Helper
Um, Trash Bear? Feeding Trash Bear right?

Oh, and there's a shortcut to the beach that isn't the sewers? I'll have to check it ou it one of the saves where I did the upgrade.
Yes there is a Community Upgrade that adds a Beach shortcut. I've even remembered to use it on occasion.

Forgot the Trash Bear! Adding now... Though to be fair, many players will only visit him 4 times (plus additional ones when forgetting what he asked for, so like 15 times for me).

Draconifors

Planter
Forage, and the 1.6 stuff.

Lots of berry bushes there, so I visit every day during salmonberry and blackberry seasons.
The 1.6. neighbours
require many, many visits, especially as I sometimes forget whether they wanted a jar or a keg produce.

I always pick Lumberjack as a profession, so Secret Woods isn't a place I visit particularly often except earlier on. The trash bear only requires four visits, and the wizard I only really visit while befriending him and when collecting quest rewards.
I never go to Cindersap just to visit the Hat Mouse.
I rarely chop down trees in the forest; like many others, I use the train station as a tree farm. In the forest, I mostly just clear out debris and the occasional tree that constantly gets in the way while on horseback.

Reasons my farmers visit cindersap forest:

1. Chop trees and plant the seeds around the riverbed for future lumber needs.
2. Visit the merchant and her adorable pig (buy rare seeds and the occasional truffle).
3. Use beach shortcut as soon as I can get it.
4. Cut through to visit Krobus in the sewers.
5. Catch glacerfish, woodskip, dorado, and goby.
6. Trout Derby!
7. See if Marnie feels like working today.
8. Leek hunt if I get granny's quest.
9. That new area.
10. Trash 'bear' & Forest Friends fetch quests.

NetworkerC

Planter
Doesn’t check who started the thread, and checks the options.
’Chat with Travelling Cart lady about pig husbandry’

”This is one of Lew’s, isn’t it?”
Checks first post. It’s Lew.

:grin: Never change, Lew.

Definitely Travelling Cart. If there is a Rare Seed, I will get it.

Leah, Marnie, Trash Bear, Wizard, and Poke (Hat Mouse) are only visited a handful of times, if that.

Fishing? I actually tend to wind up on the pier, or at the mountain lake.

The Secret Woods kind of phases out, once you appease the grand master, and start getting Hardwood from Mahogany Seeds on your own farm, or Ginger Island, no?

I do not have 1.6.

Given that I still do plenty of Beach fishing, after the Secret Woods has fallen out of my interest, I have my #2 as the Beach Shortcut. I do recall using it a chunk, before I had NYEOWMstick and the Beach Obelisk.

Forage is often a side effect of #2, but not the visit’s intent.

This leaves my #3 as chopping down trees, and, admittedly, I do my share of Cindersnap, to plant excess pine cones around the lake. They must fall, for more to rise from the ashes.

chaskuchar

Planter
i am stumped trying to figure out what the bear wants. it's like a yellow globe with a violet flat bottom and two things sticking in it like straws to drink from. the strsw on the right has stripe on it i think.

Draconifors

Planter
i am stumped trying to figure out what the bear wants. it's like a yellow globe with a violet flat bottom and two things sticking in it like straws to drink from. the strsw on the right has stripe on it i think.
It's a Ginger Island food, the
Banana Pudding. Wiki page.

I don't know how far in the game you are, but sounds like an unlucky one to get.

chaskuchar

Planter
i still need the tiger trout to finish the community center. i finally got the iridium rod but still haven't got the tiger trout. i'm in summer year three.