Unofficial mod updates

Ivyh

Newcomer
The Portraiture mod doesn't work anymore for the past few days TT Has there been an unofficial update for it?

AyaHawkeye

Farmhand
Anyone got some tips on how to update mods with DLL and PDB files? Would this require coding knowledge? I'm learning how to code, but only recently started so it'll take me a while!! I'd like to update this mod myself so I don't add to other folk's workloads, but don't know where to start... Any pointers welcome!

Luxian

Tiller
Anyone got some tips on how to update mods with DLL and PDB files? Would this require coding knowledge? I'm learning how to code, but only recently started so it'll take me a while!! I'd like to update this mod myself so I don't add to other folk's workloads, but don't know where to start... Any pointers welcome!
this is covered in cjb cheats!

AyaHawkeye

Farmhand
this is covered in cjb cheats!
Not quite! CJB instantly takes all crops around you to the final stage for harvesting. This mod targets individual plants you hover over and takes them to the next stage of growth. I like being able to nudge things along a little without feeling too cheaty!

rallyspectrum

Greenhorn
Those types of mods do require C# knowledge, yes, as well as a program such as Visual Studio 2022 (there are alternative programs, they just escape me at the moment). A good place to start learning how those mods work is the Wiki page here. For more in-depth learning about what broke in 1.6, there's the migration page, and of course the making mods general channel in the community Discord for specific advice if needed. There's other resources I'm sure but those are the ones I know off the top of my head for getting an idea of what's involved, though I'm sure someone who knows more than me would be able to provide anything I've missed!

AyaHawkeye

Farmhand
Those types of mods do require C# knowledge, yes, as well as a program such as Visual Studio 2022 (there are alternative programs, they just escape me at the moment). A good place to start learning how those mods work is the Wiki page here. For more in-depth learning about what broke in 1.6, there's the migration page, and of course the making mods general channel in the community Discord for specific advice if needed. There's other resources I'm sure but those are the ones I know off the top of my head for getting an idea of what's involved, though I'm sure someone who knows more than me would be able to provide anything I've missed!
Thanks!! I'll look into those 😊 I think I have a lot to learn 😅

AyaHawkeye

Farmhand
Of course! Good luck and enjoy the learning process!
Thanks 😅 I feel entirely out of my depth, but it probably doesn't help that it's nearly 11pm! I think I'll start fresh in the morning now I've managed to find and download the .cs files for the mod.

Edit: OK, possibly no good as it's the .cs files and not .csproj files. I don't think I'm going to be able to do this 😑

Last edited:

Extricated

Newcomer
Unofficial update for:
Seed Information - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/15754

I plan to do at least one more update for this (info in spoiler):
I saw that there is a new dehydrator in 1.6. I would like to add those outputs to the display too. However, there isn't much room, and I see a couple options:
1. Choose something to not display dynamically, like the cheapest one or some other metric
2. Adding a config option to choose one not to display
3. Displaying them all
4. Adding a config option for each thing (base, keg, jar, dehydrator), and letting the player choose which to display (could select all or two or none...). The display would resize so that as you selected fewer, each icon would get larger.
I would like to know what you all think is best. Personally, I prefer number 4.

Additionally, I haven't actually played 1.6 except to test mods - I only found the dehydrator because I saw dried mushrooms in the game files, so if there are any other changes that would be relevant to this mod, please let me know. Thanks!

Changes: https://github.com/aedenthorn/StardewValleyMods/pull/137
I'm only going to list the changes that should be visible to players here. See the pull request for a list of technical changes.

Version 1:
- Compatibility for 1.6
- Adds a config option for flowers' keg outputs to display as mead (rather than displaying nothing)
@FlyingTNT One update that would be very much appreciated would be if this factored in having the Agriculturist perk - at the moment this mod doesn't seem to factor in the 10% bonus it gives.

rallyspectrum

Greenhorn
Thanks 😅 I feel entirely out of my depth, but it probably doesn't help that it's nearly 11pm! I think I'll start fresh in the morning now I've managed to find and download the .cs files for the mod.

Edit: OK, possibly no good as it's the .cs files and not .csproj files. I don't think I'm going to be able to do this 😑
Ah yeah, some mods might not have their source code available in which case I think it's a bit harder to delve into? I'm not 100% sure where you might go from there. If it was open-source you could clone say a GitHub repository into Visual Studio and poke around, but aside from that I get a little lost, myself. ;^^ I totally get you! I find it pretty daunting, too, haha.

IrishMoxie

Greenhorn
Would anyone have interest in updating Fresh Meat? It relies on PPJA currently and isn't operational, and the author has disabled community feedback so I'm unable to ask if they're still around/interested in updating it.

If the code isn't open-source, you can try decompiling it. Just be aware that decompiling is a messy process and can sometimes jumble things a bit. There are multiple ways to code something, and compiling C# code translates it into binary, so going backwards can yield the same issues as you might have when translating words or phrases between languages. The dotpeek decompiler has been pretty good to me and is free to use if you want to try that!