Simplified Chinese Typo/Display Text Errors

YunTengmu

Greenhorn
Hi, for what it's worth, I can't read Chinese, so reports on people insulting others and when people are being rude really helps! I understand this whole situation is upsetting and I get that tensions are up. Also, please don't assume that people who are upset here don't understand one way or another. They are entitled to their opinions just as you are with yours.

Everyone here: PLEASE be respectful in your criticism. You do not have to be happy with the translation and we welcome feedback about it, but do not make rude comments towards people who disagree with you or people in the team. At the end of the day, we all care a lot about this game. I understand your anger also comes from your love of the game, but trying to hurt others is not how to express that here. Thank you
有人辱骂新的翻译团队是因为翻译团队并未提前通知进行翻译优化与字体更改.而且翻译团队并未接受玩家的意见.翻译优化有的是往好的方向发展但是又的翻译很奇怪.之前的字体可以完美的和游戏画面结合在一起,但是新的字体就和像素图和矢量图放在一起一样
Some people insulted the new translation team because the translation team did not notify the translation optimization and font changes in advance. Moreover, the translation team did not accept the players' opinions. Some translation optimizations were developed in a good direction, but the translation was strange. The previous fonts were OK. Perfectly integrated with the game graphics, but the new fonts look just like pixels and vectors next to each other
usd:Google Translate

YuAn

Greenhorn
I registered an account specifically for this matter and spent a lot of time writing down all the parts where I am personally dissatisfied with the modification of Chinese item names. I didn’t read all the changed sentences, so I will focus on the changes in nouns. Some parts may be personal opinions, and I hope to they can complement other player's opinion.

The changes in some nouns are unacceptable. When playing the game, we do not need to know the scientific names of vegetables. Some translations are too academic, while others are too tacky. For example, new Chinese translations of Spring Onion and Kale are academic words which nobody uses in daily life, even only agricultural professionals can realize what they are immediately by reading new translation. And the new Chinese translations of Mystery Box is 盲盒, which is the same name as a product with a bad reputation that stores sell without telling customers what’s inside. In Chinese Internet, 盲盒 almost has been the synonym for the trap of deceiving fools. I don’t think it is a good translation for Mystery Box.

What’s more, a large number of changes are unnecessary. I don't understand the logic behind the new Chinese localization team's modifications. A large number of nouns are replaced by words with the same meaning, some are shorter, and others are longer. Therefore, I cannot understand whether the modifications made by the new Chinese localization team are aimed at making them more concise or detailed. For example, new Chinese translation of Golden Walnut and Golden Coconut change from four Chinese characters to three Chinese characters, whereas new Chinesecc translation of Garlic and Stone Chest change from one Chinese character to two Chinese characters and two Chinese characters to four Chinese characters. More importantly, excepting the number of Chinese characters, their meanings are no different at all.

Stardew Valley is an old game. It’s great. There are many Chinese players love Stardew Valley, including me. Stardew Valley also has a very active Chinese community, but because of language differences, we are often only active in the Chinese Internet, like Bilibili. If it is not necessary, I think it is problematic to replace item names and texts unnecessarily in large quantities. This creates obstacles for communication between new and old players for no reason, and also makes a large number of past game guides or memes difficult to understand.

Some original Chinese translation of Stardew Valley have even become symbols of Stardew Valley. For example, all the players need to grow Parsnip on the first day of spring and Red Cabbage is necessary for Bulletin Board. Original translation of Parsnip is common name. Original translation of Red Cabbage is literal translation, and almost no one uses them to refer to vegetables in reality. So that they could be symbols of Stardew Valley. When someone mentions original Chinese translations of them, we can immediately realize that they are also a player of Stardew Valley. Can Pokémon players accept Pikachu's official translation as Thunderbolt Mouse? I'm not sure if my meaning is expressed clearly in English, but this is one of the important reasons why many Chinese players dislike the new translation. I hope this can be carefully considered.

By the way, the new Chinese translation was updated on 19th April. Today is 21st April. Two day later. I have found four mods to restore original Chinese translation (Total DLs: 671, 386, 20, 108) and one mod to restore original Chinese font (Total DLs: 191). I think this situation reflects the problems to some extent.

I listed some new translations of nouns that I think are problematic below, but they are not comprehensive, and some parts may be entirely personal opinions. I hope they can be combined with the opinions of other players to see together. I didn’t read all the changed texts, so I didn’t list them. Many other Chinese players have reflected the problems, I hope their opinions can be considered.

Spring Onion 大葱→带叶洋葱 Too academic, nobody use 带叶洋葱 in daily life. Nonagricultural professionals cannot even immediately realize what 带叶洋葱 is when they see it.

Kale 甘蓝菜→羽衣甘蓝 Too academic. Very limited use 羽衣甘蓝 in daily life.

Mystery Box 谜之盒→盲盒 The original translation 谜之盒 is a literal translation of Mystery Box. Good enough, no ambiguity in meaning, some Chinese players think this is very suitable for the atmosphere of Stardew Valley full of wizard and magical fantasies. The new Chinese translation 盲盒 means blind box. In recent years, on Chinese Internet, 盲盒 has been considered by many people to be something that traps money. There are comments on bilibili saying that “new translation 盲盒 gives a feeling that the fool bought a bunch of things that could only deceive the fool”.

The Mountains 山 or 山岭→山上 Worse. The original translation is totally correct, no ambiguity in meaning. New translation 山上 means on the mountain, wrong meaning, and it is less elegant than before in Chinese.

Modification: new announcement says translation of The Mountains is modified 山 or 山岭→后山 It is better than 山上, new translation 后山 means the mountain behind. But why not just revert back to the original translation? The original translation didn’t have any problem.

Backwoods 边远森林→郊外 Similar meaning, less elegant than before. Original translation 边远森林 is totally correct, you can even see almost the same thing on google translation. New translation 郊外 means outskirts. The meaning is similar, but not as elegant as original version.

Fairy Rose 玫瑰仙子→仙女玫瑰 Unnecessary. Original version 玫瑰仙子 means rose fairy, understandable and Chinese players have become accustomed to original Chinese version. What's more, the new Chinese translation use 仙女 to express fairy. In Chinese context, the original version 仙子 is closer to fairy in Fairy Tales and stories, 仙女 is close to goddess or woman with extraordinary abilities.

Sweet Pea 甜豌豆→香豌豆 Too academic. Original version 甜豌豆 is a literal translation and it is also a common name in Chinese. New translation 香豌豆 is just like Lathyrus odoratus. Why players need to know the academic name of vegetables from game?

Beach Farm 海滩农场→沙滩农场 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Heater 加热器→暖气片 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Emerald 绿宝石→祖母绿 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Topaz 黄水晶→黄玉 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Catfish 鲶鱼→鲇鱼 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. The original version 鲶鱼 is more common in daily life.

Dark Shrine 黑暗神殿→黑暗神龛 Unnecessary. I think new version is worse. New version use 神龛 to express Shrine, but I think 神龛 is less common than 神殿. Part of it may be because 龛 is a rare character, I believe many Chinese people, including me, are unsure how to read it. What’s more, in my opinion, new version 神龛 is more commonly used to describe the shrine of Eastern gods or Eastern religions, and Stardew Valley is believed to be located in the country which is similar to the United States.

Cactus Fruit 仙人掌果子→仙人掌果 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Golden Walnut 金色核桃→金核桃 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Golden Coconut 金色椰子→金椰子 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Blue Jazz 蓝爵→蓝爵士 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Apricot Sapling 杏子树苗→杏树苗 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. What’s more, the original version uses four Chinese characters to describe apricot sapling, all the other saplings also use four Chinese characters to describe. If using the original version, all the sampling use four Chinese characters, there will be a beauty of rhythm in Chinese. So, I think original version is better. This has been mentioned by previous reply.

Peach Sapling 桃子树苗→桃树苗 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. The same problem as I mentioned above.

Garlic 蒜→大蒜 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Trinkets 饰品→小饰品 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Survival Burger 救生汉堡→生存汉堡 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Pickaxe 十字镐→镐头 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. In my opinion, the original version 十字镐 is better. Excepting that pickaxe is a commonly used tool and Chinese players have become accustomed to the original translation, I think original version 十字镐 is more elegant than the new version 镐头 in Chinese.

The Summit 顶峰→山顶 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. I think original version is more elegant in Chinese.

Animal Products 动物制品→动物产品 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Roe 鱼籽→鱼子 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. The new version 鱼子 is a little bit formal than before. But overall, they are one thing.

Abby’s Planchette 阿比盖尔的占卜写板→阿比的占卜写板 They are the same thing. I think the original version is better. The original version 阿比盖尔的占卜写板 means Abigail’s Planchette. In Chinese, we are not familiar with abbreviations of English names. Although we can understand Abby is Abigail, I think the original version can reduce misunderstandings.

Collections 收集品→图鉴 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Bobber 浮标→浮漂 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Golden Scythe 金色的镰刀→金镰刀 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Treasure Appraisal Guide 古代珍宝鉴定指南→古董鉴定指南 The original version is better. The new version use 古董 express Treasure, 古董 means antique. Although they have the almost same meaning in game, Chinese people usually think of some precious ancient vases or containers during reading 古董, it relative not close to the true meaning of Treasure Appraisal Guide. The treasures in Stardew Valley are not only containers, so I think the original one, which uses 古代珍宝 (ancient treasure), is better.

Dark Sign 深色牌子→深色标牌 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Gold Ore 黄金矿石→金矿石 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Tomato 西红柿→番茄 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. I think the original version 西红柿 is used more commonly. The Chinese localization team say they change translation of tomato from 西红柿 to 番茄 to unify with the translation of Gourmet Tomato Salt, which uses 番茄 to express tomato. But why do they change a large number of commonly used crop related names just to unify the item that only appear once?

Darkness Suit 暗色西装→深色西装 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Bug Killer 虫子杀手→杀虫 Worse. The original translation is completely correct. The new translation 杀虫 means killing bug and it is wrong meaning. I don’t think change a noun to a verb would be better.

Golden Chicken 金色的鸡→金鸡 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Stone Chest 石箱→石制箱子 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Clam 蛤→蛤蜊 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Goat Milk 羊奶→山羊奶 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Rabbit’s Foot 兔子的脚→兔脚 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Earmuffs 护耳→耳罩 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. I think the original translation 护耳 is more elegant.

Stone Sign 石牌→石制标牌 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Wood Sign 木牌→木制标牌 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Opal 猫眼石→蛋白石 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Ring of Yoba 由巴的戒指→由巴之戒 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Dark Talisman 暗黑护身符→黑暗护身符 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

House Plant 家居植物→盆栽 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

Stool 板凳→凳子 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing. I think the original translation 板凳 is more elegant.

Stone Flooring 石砖地板→石砖地块 Unnecessary. They are completely the same thing.

New announcement says the translation of Dusty will be modified from 小灰 or 达斯迪 to 脏脏. In 1.6.4 version, the new translation of Dusty change from 小灰 to 达斯迪, the reason for modification is to unify. I didn’t say my opinions about this because I don’t remember the frequency and specific location of 小灰 and 达斯迪 in the original translation. But I dislike the new translation on announcement 脏脏, 脏脏 means dirty dirty in Chinese. It is worse than 小灰 (Little dust or little grey), 达斯迪 (Transliteration of dusty according to its English pronunciation). There is comment on Bilibili says “I prefer 小灰, because it is very cute and maybe a little dirty, but 脏脏 is……very dirty.”

tinyreal

Greenhorn
Please rollback translation changes, most of them are very unnecessary, some even ruin the gameplay.
Translation team should really come to cn community and ask for opinions before making changes. We've been playing this game for hundreds, thousands of hours, everyone wants it to be better.

xixi

Greenhorn
下午得知汉化组将在下个版本修改部分翻译,但其内容仍然令人失望。
在内容上,1.6.4的汉化更新除锦上添花外,大量内容是画蛇添足。对一些无关紧要,甚至已经被玩家认可的内容进行了令人困惑的改变。新翻译也许无比正确、准确,但破坏了上百小时玩家的美好回忆。更重要的是,它毫无趣味,完全没有星露谷的风格。
在程序上,1.6.4版本对中文本地化的更新,幅度过大却没有预兆,对于一些需要商榷的翻译没有广泛征求意见。如果是玩家较少的新游戏也就算了。但对于星露谷这样成熟的游戏而言,如此改动已经造成了大规模的困惑,严重破坏了社区生态。
一些人崇拜“正确”的翻译,一定要做“正确”的事情。这可以理解。但追求“真”是有代价的,如果代价是良好的氛围和美好的回忆,我宁愿不要这么较真。请不要用最精确的尺子度量一个可以宽容“假”的童话世界。
新字体也许更加易读,一些人认为更“可爱”,但这完全不符合星露谷的像素风格。
我玩游戏是来找乐子的,不是来上英语老师教的耕作课、考古课、捕鱼课。
我不希望在接受新版本的基础上修改,而是希望中文本地化全面回退1.6.3,并逐条审视、表决翻译的必要性、合理性。

I learned in the afternoon that the localization team will modify some translations in the next version, but the content is still disappointing.
In terms of content, the update of 1.6.4 not only adds icing on the cake, but also changed a lot of unnecessary details. Confusing changes have been made to some irrelevant and even accepted translations by players. The new translation may be incredibly accurate, but it has destroyed hundreds of hours of players' fond memories. More importantly, it is completely uninteresting and lacks the style of Stardew Valley.
In terms of procedure, the update was too extensive without warning, and there was no collection of opinions on some translations that needed to be discussed. If it's a new game with fewer players, it's fine. but for a game like Stardew Valley, such changes have caused large-scale confusion and seriously damaged the community.
Some people worship "correct" translations and must do "the right" things. This can be understood. But pursuing "truth" comes at a cost. If the cost is a good atmosphere and beautiful memories, I would rather not be so serious. Please do not use the most accurate ruler to measure a fairy tale world that can tolerate falsehood.
The new font may be easier to read and some people think it is more cute, but it completely does not conform to the pixel style of Stardew Valley.
I play this game for fun, not for farming, archaeology, or fishing classes taught by English teachers.
I don't want to make any modifications based on accepting the new version, but I hope that Chinese localization will be fully rolled back to 1.6.3, and that the necessity and rationality of translation will be reviewed and voted on item by item.

Quiar

Greenhorn
我觉得汉化组在发布新翻译之前如果能够和玩家沟通会更好。以及这次的新字体在这个像素风格的游戏里真的是格格不入。
I think it would be better if the translation team could communicate with players before releasing new translations. Also, the new font this time really doesn't fit well in this pixel art style game

1. 关于防风草的翻译,新版将其译为欧防风让许多玩家非常不习,并且这也是一个被反馈的最多的问题之一。防风草作为玩家最开始接触到的作物,这个翻译已经深入人心,甚至在一定程度上人们提到防风草的时候就会想到星露谷,这已然成为星露谷的标志之一。我建议依然保留原有的翻译。
1. Regarding the translation of '防风草' (Parsnip), the new version translates it to '欧防风' , which many players are not used to, and this is also one of the most frequently reported issues.
As the first crop players encounter, the original translation of '防风草' has become deeply ingrained in people's minds. To some extent, when people mention '防风草', they immediately think of Stardew Valley; it has become one of the symbols of Stardew Valley. I suggest retaining the original translation.

2. 关于一些种子类的翻译,如“西红柿”变更为“番茄”,感觉完全没有必要,甚至为了改变而改变。

保留”玫瑰仙子“的翻译而不是”仙女玫瑰“。原翻译更好听

保留”琉璃山药“的翻译而不是”琉璃红薯“。yam为山药,sweet potato为红薯
2. Regarding the translation of some crops, such as changing '西红柿' (tomato) to '番茄' (also tomato), it feels completely unnecessary, even changing just for the sake of change.

It's preferable to keep the translation of '玫瑰仙子' (Fairy Roseairy) rather than '仙女玫瑰' . The original translation sounds better.

It's better to keep the translation of '琉璃山药' (Glass Yam) rather than '琉璃红薯' (Glass Sweet Potato). 'Yam' refers to '山药' (yam), and 'sweet potato' refers to '红薯' (sweet potato).

3. 关于塞巴斯二心好感里的对话
"Ask him about his career goals" (No effect on friendship.) He says he’s saving up to move to the city. He says he prefers working as a freelance programmer because he isn’t part of the corporate rat race and because he feels more comfortable working behind a computer instead of face to face.
新翻译将”corporate rat race“译为”大厂内卷“,请保留原翻译的”勾心斗角“

Regarding the dialogue in Sebastian's second heart event
The translation of "corporate rat race" has been rendered as "大厂内卷" in the new translation. Please retain the original translation of "勾心斗角" instead.

4. 请将配偶称呼的翻译全部退回以前版本的翻译,新翻译让人感到非常非常恶心
Please keep all previous translations of spouse titles. The new translations are extremely, extremely disgusting.
1713709466192.png

5. 在3和4中提到的问题是我觉得这次翻译中最严重的问题。译者将英文翻译和中国目前的网络用词和一些社会现象结合,导致这个游戏给人一种非常割裂的感觉。本来是平静安逸的农场生活,现在和这些村民对话感觉他们都在中国的互联网平台高强度冲浪。我仿佛不是在玩一个农场种田游戏而是仍然处在忙碌不休的城市生活中,那这和游戏一开头我们离开竞争激烈的joja公司去继承爷爷的农场的剧情不是相悖了吗?这些翻译带给我一种非常割裂的感觉,很难带入游戏情节。我建议尽量保留大部分原有的翻译,不要为了翻译而翻译,在翻译的时候能够保留英文原意,不要和网络用词结合, 谢谢。
5. The issue mentioned in points 3 and 4 is what I consider the most serious problem in the new translation. The translator has combined English translations with current Chinese internet terminology and some social phenomena, resulting in a very fragmented feeling in this game. What was originally a peaceful and tranquil farm life now feels like intense internet browsing on Chinese internet platforms when interacting with these villagers. It feels as if I'm not playing a farming game, but still caught up in the bustling city life. Isn’t this contradictory to the plot at the beginning of the game when we left the highly competitive Joja Company to inherit our grandfather’s farm?
These translations give me a very fragmented feeling, making it difficult to immerse myself in the game plot. I suggest preserving the majority of the original translations as much as possible, not translating just for the sake of it, retaining the original English meaning in translations, and avoiding integrating internet terminology, thanks!

闇.幻

Greenhorn
神奇无知,帖子:128492,会员:4 said:
我根本不做任何翻译,抱歉!我的工作不在游戏中,我只是这些论坛的管理员,并帮助处理其他一些与支持相关的事情。我会转达问题并确保它们得到正确的处理,但我不是做出改变的人。
[/引用]
新的翻译确实很糟糕。
也许这个翻译团队做了一些很好的工作,但他们所做的更多是不必要的和令人不舒服的改变。
罪魁祸首就是这个翻译团队的傲慢

所有中国玩家都不喜欢这个队伍,请考虑更换翻译团队

yumeileo

Greenhorn
The new translation and font are complete garbage, if the program runs fine, don't mess with it! What does the translation team even do?

yumeileo

Greenhorn
Hi, I've also seen many people comment that they like the new font. There tend to be more comments of dislike because people who like the new font are less likely to express their opinions explicitly, so that's not a good reason to support your opinion. Most likely you're just not used to the new font. If you really hate it, please describe of which part you dislike the font instead.

The new font is chosen because it's more round and cute, and fits the style of Stardew Valley better. The previous font is pretty blocky and unstylized, and rendered in a low resolution which leads to warped strokes.
where?everyone dislike them

闇.幻

Greenhorn
TranslatorMA,帖子:128438,会员:68700 said:

[/引用]
糯米,帖子:128510,会员:68777 said:
新的翻译确实很糟糕。
可以肯定的是,这个翻译团队做了一些很好的工作,但他们的改变更加不必要和不舒服。
罪魁祸首就是这个翻译团队的傲慢
[/引用]
ikuyoKAZAMA,帖子:128433,会员:68547 said:
觉得“防风草”之流的翻译没问题的去买防风草煮汤喝啊,看看喝怎么样,有种就别去找完欧防风吃
[/引用]
我猜你可能是翻译组的一员,伪装成玩家在这里与真正的玩家竞争

daoYe

Greenhorn
I am a player with some knowledge of botany, my English is not good, so I will not say much more. Here are some suggestions about the recent translation, divided into four parts, where the third part is for discussion only and does not imply that I think these translations should be changed immediately.

———基于词义的一些讨论和建议———
1. spring onion 现翻译:带叶洋葱(旧翻译:大葱)→ 建议翻译:青葱
带叶洋葱并非我国常见的蔬菜种类,在中国农业科学院作物科学研究所的种质资源信息中,我国洋葱的20个品种中也不包括带叶洋葱。尽管在星露谷日文本中,也将spring onion翻译为葉タマネギ,即带叶洋葱,或许可作为一定参考,但综合便于理解和严谨性两方面考虑,还是建议笼统翻译为青葱。

2. Livin' Off The Land 现翻译:自给自足(旧翻译:离地而居)→ 建议翻译:依地而居
自给自足主要表示人通过自己生产满足自己的需求,并没有表示出原本的与“自然”相关的含义。

3. Parsnip 现翻译:欧防风(旧翻译:防风草)→ 建议翻译:防风萝卜、防风草、欧防风
这是一个比较麻烦的情况。实际上,星露谷维基的名称修改对照表中所说“‘防风草’是一种中药”亦不正确:涉及“防风”名字的中药有两种,与欧防风较为相似的中药为伞形科植物防风(Saposhnikovia divaricata),药用部位为根(RADIX SAPOSHNIKOVIAE,中国药典一部),不存在被称为防风草的情况;另一种唇形科植物广防风(Epimeredi indicus),药用部位为全草,但与食用根部的欧防风区别较大。
从准确性考虑,确实翻译为欧防风更为准确,但防风草实际也有作为欧防风别名的情况存在,且并不会导致严重的混淆。折中兼顾准确性和带有架空色彩的风格,或许可以翻译为防风萝卜;从延续习惯翻译考虑,可以翻译为防风草;从其本身的名字而言,可以翻译成欧防风。

4. Stonefish 现翻译:石头鱼(旧翻译:石鱼)→ 建议翻译:石鱼、石头鱼
正如名称修改对照表中所说,Stonefish是虚构鱼类,虚构鱼类,不是现实中的石鱼。然而,石头鱼在现实中亦通常指毒鲉科(Synanceiidae)鱼类,在星露谷日文版对Stonefish也被翻译为鲉(虎魚)。因此,若认为Stonefish为现实中的石头鱼,可保持石头鱼的翻译不变;若认为Stonefish为虚构鱼类,则石鱼、石头鱼区别不大。

5. Bug Killer 现翻译:杀虫(旧翻译:虫子杀手)→ 建议翻译:虫子杀手
某某杀手作为形容能对某某造成大量破坏的事物似乎是一个相对常见的用法,例如,防鸟网被称为鸟类杀手,而非杀鸟。

6. Glazed Yams 现翻译:拔丝红薯(旧翻译:琉璃山药)→ 建议翻译:琉璃红薯
关于Glazed的翻译,虽然是用糖包裹的做法类似于拔丝,但并不能等同于拔丝,例如冰糖葫芦也可以称为Glazed,但显然不能等同于拔丝山楂。综合严谨性和习惯性,建议翻译为琉璃。
关于Yams的翻译,如果确定物种是红薯(美式英语这方面我不了解),参考我国粮食行业标准LS/T3104—1985《甘薯(地瓜、红薯、白薯、苕、红苕、番薯)》,如果追求最标准称呼,称为“甘薯”似乎最为准确。然而,红薯(Ipomoea batatas)在《中国植物志》中称为番薯,甘薯、红薯等为别名,甘薯(Dioscorea esculenta)则存在误认为薯蓣科同名植物的可能。总之,似乎甘薯、番薯也都不是很好的叫法。

———基于语言习惯的一些讨论和建议———
1. Warp Totem: Mountains 现翻译:传送图腾:山上(旧翻译:传送图腾:山岭)→ 建议翻译:传送图腾:山岭
其他传送图腾的地点“沙漠”、“海滩”等都没有方位词。

2. Preserves Jar 现翻译:腌制罐头(旧翻译:罐头瓶)→ 建议翻译:罐头瓶
由于罐头是一种常见食物,导致腌制罐头看起来像是腌制出来的产物,而非腌制的工具。

3. Ol' Slitherlegs 现翻译:草上飞(旧翻译:草中窜)→ 建议翻译:草中窜
对于在作物之间穿行,似乎草中窜更加贴切,而且这个译名很风趣。

4. Golden Walnut 现翻译:金核桃(旧翻译:金色核桃)→ 建议翻译:金色核桃
金核桃有黄金材质的核桃这一歧义,似乎和鹦鹉美食这一描述不太搭配。金色则无此歧义。

5.Mystery Box 现翻译:盲盒(旧翻译:谜之盒)→ 建议翻译:谜之盒
尽管都具有不可预测内容这一特点,但盲盒在现在的语境中通常带有很强的商业色彩,而游戏中的Mystery Box大部分情况下不是购买获得的,这一点让两者有了一定的感官区别。

其他不一一列举了,很多东西都是可改可不改(例如西红柿、十字镐、玫瑰仙子、鲶鱼、仙人掌果子、蒜等),这些词的旧翻译是否就差到大多数人不可接受,因此需要被修改?我想这值得商榷。
*对于修正了稻谷、小麦粉等过去明显错误的翻译表示非常支持。

———对本次变动未涉及的一些翻译的讨论———
倘若参考本次名称修正,似乎还有一些翻译也是需要被“修正”的。然而,我并不建议贸然改动,提出仅是作为讨论的参考。

(一)含义不符类
1. Artichoke Dip 现翻译:水煮洋蓟
材料是牛奶和洋蓟,dip的意思是蘸、浸渍,没有煮的意思。→ “凉拌洋蓟”似乎更加符合原意,但不建议贸然改动。

2. Stir Fry 现翻译:蔬菜什锦盖饭
材料是羽衣甘蓝、蘑菇、山洞胡萝卜和油,并没有哪里体现是盖饭。→ “炒杂菜”似乎更加符合原意,但不建议贸然改动。

3. Crab Cakes 现翻译:蟹黄糕
菜谱的中文翻译中使用的是“蟹肉”,而蟹黄在中文通常与蟹肉不同。→ “蟹糕”似乎更加符合原意,但不建议贸然改动,而且蟹糕听着也没有蟹黄糕好吃。

4. Shrimp Cocktail 现翻译:虾鸡尾酒
这道菜是使用鸡尾酒酱搭配的虾,而非使用了虾的鸡尾酒饮料,现翻译可能因此误会。→ “鸡尾酒虾”似乎更加符合原意。

5. Roots Platter 现翻译:块茎拼盘
材料是山洞胡萝卜和冬根,前者是根(radix),后者是根茎(rhizoma)。→ “根茎拼盘”似乎更加符合原意,但不建议贸然改动。

(二)统一名称类
参考西红柿被统一为番茄,薯饼→ 土豆饼,乳酪花椰菜→ 奶酪花椰菜,卷心菜沙拉→ 紫甘蓝沙拉,爆炒青椒→ 爆炒椒类等,是否也需要这样被统一或修正?个人建议不必在已有非错误翻译的情况下追求所有词语的统一,实际生活中,同物异名的现象本身很常见。

———关于新字体的一些讨论———
按照看到的说明,新字体考虑了接近英文和日文版的较为活泼的字体。
但是,由于汉字并没有如英文字母大小写、日文汉字与假名的情况来产生类似“驼峰命名法”的效果,导致效果并没有后两者那样协调。或许可以适当调整字号大小与行间距,避免“大小相同的方块字挤在一起”的情况。当然,真的要继续调整的话,需要详细的测试。

achro

Greenhorn
The 1.64 chinese translation and font update has caused a huge upset in the chinese SDV community.
The translation team told chinese player who want to give direct feedback to do so on the official forums, which have English-only posting rule and need VPN to register. This gives big inconvenience. They could have created an account on any chinese social media to communicate directly with the players, and I don't see why they don't want to do that. Instead, they chose to privately contact two most influential video-uploaders of chinese SDV community and made them the go-between. It is more like they're simply using the uploaders' influence than honestly asking for opinions.
Their translation does have improvements in some places, but there are more needless changes and inappropriate changes. The principle of translation update should be to fix what was wrong, not to make a big deal out of something that was not wrong, just like #123 exampled above. This is a game, not an academic paper, no need for them to show off their self-perceived professionalism which they don't really have.
This has now led to many Chinese players giving SDV bad reviews on Steam.
I really love SDV, I hope Eric is aware of the unprofessionalism of the current translation team.

Last edited:

Nimeld

Farmhand
祖母绿其实是一种宝石的名字
直接叫绿宝石不得了,一看就知道啥啥东西,这不上网查一下还真不知道祖母绿是啥东西,感觉像是回到了16年没有官方中文的早期版本,看见啥生僻单词都得查一下,不然根本不知道这NPC贴的告示是在要啥东西,出官方中文是为了啥,不就是为了让玩家玩游戏更方便?本末倒置了亲!阳春白雪,下里巴人,净整一些莫名其妙的东西

YunTengmu

Greenhorn
QQ截图20240421234530.jpg

If you compare the two fonts together, you can see which one is more in line with the style of the game. Although the current version is mod
两个字体放在一起对比你就能看出来那个更符合游戏的风格.虽然现在的版本打了mod
QQ截图20240421234707.jpg

Please change the title of your spouse to the previous title. The current title is very disgusting! ! !【I hate that English can’t describe how disgusting I feel.
配偶称呼请改为之前的称呼.现在的称呼非常的十分的恶心人!!!
Translations for other items I agree with other players’ feedback
其他物品的翻译我同意其他玩家的反馈意见
Last:
最后:
Please localize the localization team to add feedback channels in Chinese forums including but not limited to: email. Tieba. Little Black Box. BILIBILI. Weibo
请汉化组在中国的论坛增加反馈通道包括但不限于:邮箱.贴吧.小黑盒.bilibili.微博
Basically, accessing foreign websites in China requires a VPN. And many people don’t know how to use a VPN. So most people are not able to give good feedback and suggestions.
中国上外国的网站基本上都需要挂VPN.而且很多人并不知道怎么使用VPN.所以大多数人并不能很好的反馈建议
A few websites do not require the use of VPN, but the speed of the network slows down players and does not provide good feedback.
少数网站不需要使用VPN但是网速将玩家卡住并不能很好的反馈意见
QQ截图20240422000728.jpg

If the poster is responsible for spreading the message, please pass this message to the Chinese team.
如果贴主是负责传话的请把这一条传给汉化组
Who told you to let players get used to it? If everyone likes the partial translation of the Chinese version, then nexusmodsS will not have a mod that returns the Chinese version to the original version, and no one will be looking for the previous fonts.
谁叫你让玩家该习惯的?如果大家喜欢汉化组改的部分翻译那么nexusmodsS上面也不会有将汉化返回原版的mod.也不会有人去找之前字体。
When asking players to respect the results of the team’s work, can the Chinese team also respect us players?
要求玩家尊重组劳动成果时,汉化组能不能也尊重一下我们玩家

teeniebee

Greenhorn
It seems the Simplified Chinese localization team is going to make some changes to the font and some of my least favorite changes on the translation like the 'Godfather' to '义父' (like wth) and '大厂内卷' so I want to wait for the later result at this time.
But the names that partners call the PC are still weird... Hope some adjustments can be made on that.
And Last but not least PLEASE LISTEN TO THE VOICES OF THE PLAYERS, there's a mass game community out there and tbh I find reply and post on the forum which is not one of the major channels Simplified Chinese players use is BLOCKING the communication.

Last edited: