Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

wei

Greenhorn
When I press the button you see in the video while the character is moving, sometimes it doesn't work. This error keeps happening to me while riding a horse, harvesting, planting seeds, picking some mushrooms etc.

This issue occurs only when the character is moving right, left and down

I interacted with Stardew Valley players around me, and realized that this problem is not mine or for my device. Players who used the controls I used, they said experienced this often.

Related video:

I'm using the latest version
Device: SM-505F

Attachments

SunnyTee

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPad Pro 11 inch (3rd generation), device is up to date to version 15.7, and Stardew Valley is up to date with latest version 1.5.6.35
Details of your issue:
1)
When I just opened Stardew Valley and am in the New/Load screen, the Stardew Valley logo is all the way to the top and the New/Load is on the bottom.
2) I accepted a quest on the request board (not on Pierre’s storefront, but the sign the mayor and Robin built). I have to grow and harvest 25 golden star vegetables crops. Which I succeeded and the quest tracker shows that too.
Then I have to place the 25 golden star vegetables in Pierre’s store in the crate that’s on the very right in his store. When I try to add the vegetables, I can’t select them. They are highlighted (other stuff in my inventory that’s not a (golden star) crop is greyed out), but I can’t select them in any way possible, so I cannot complete this quest.
3) When I go to the museum and want to donate an artifact/gem the menu is all messed up (see screenshot).
4) I’m in Spring year 3. I visited the big Raccoon kind of animal next to the sewer and he’s asking for fish/food etc. I completed 2 fish that he requested but now he’s requesting a recipe that I don’t know yet. I’ve managed to figure out what he wants, but I don’t know the recipe yet, it’s greyed out.
I looked online and people are saying he’s only requesting things that you can fish for or cook, but apparently that’s not the case. So I am unable to complete this quest until I learn the recipe from the tv or, hopefully, I can buy it from the traveling stand.
5) Other issues with menu/conversation screen size and text size, but those already are posted by others.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
I tried everything. The game is up-to-date (I literally just updated it when another update was available), I tried save game and load game, I even selected “where I left off” (emergency load), I closed the app completely, restarted my device... Nothing worked.
Any other info that might be relevant: None.

By the way, I love this game!!!
I am experiencing the same as 2) above but with the Community Cleanup quest to put the collected trash in the bin by the railway station. I cannot select the items from my backpack in any way, though they look enabled and the other items are greyed out. Also on iPad Pro 11 inch, and I updated to latest version Jan 11. (Edit) always loading a new day, have not tried the backups at all.

Last edited:

chaoticbanana

Greenhorn
Type of phone: HP Chromebook - 15-de0518wm
Details of your issue: After going to The Mines to work on Gunther's special request for bone fragments, I went home and got in bed around 1:40 or 1:50 am. After I went to sleep, the screen went to black. I closed the game and it loaded my most recent save, from the day I had went to The Mines.

hotdogx2

Newcomer
iPad Pro 11 in. 4th generation

Am current on updates but still having issues with the sizing. Everything is too small and the spacing is off. I’ve tried adjusting but unable to make the toolbar items larger. Also, the red x to close boxes is partly off the screen. The small sizing makes it very difficult to play. Slimes are overly aggressive.

Danielle1490

Newcomer
Phone: Moto G Pure, Android 11 with Xbox controller

The game keeps crashing when it's time to unlock the community center. If I force the game to skip the cut scene by going in anywhere else other than from the bus stop to town, I can play just fine after that. But the game wants to unlock it so it will keep trying every sunny day I walk from the bus stop to town after 8:00am. I have updated to 1.5.6.35. It still happens on very same second everytime. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app and creating a new save the game still crashes at community center unlock cut scene.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
Hi. I'm sorry, I'm one of those old people that don't know much about technology. I have a Samsung My Files folder, where there is a Stardew Valley folder but nothing is in it. I know that when I first downloaded the new update it did ask me to save it, which I did, I just can't find it.
See if you can follow the steps in this thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/1-5-android-save-file-guide-troubleshooting.15097/

If you still have trouble, it would be better to open a thread to get some help, it might be lost in here.

redbobcat

Rancher
*** FIXED! Thank you! ***

Game v1.5.6 build 34
iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation), iPadOS 16.2

Issue: Cannot complete “Gus’ Famous Omelet” special order, my first quest from the special order board. I gathered enough eggs but when I open saloon’s fridge I cannot move the eggs, can’t even select them, only close button works. Someone mentioned reordering button trick, didn’t help me. Came the following game day and even brought extra eggs, still the same problem.

74EC1621-46AA-44FB-AD29-151BBD7DC3B5.jpeg

F6F57447-7E1C-4211-B6C7-328643E0848A.png

Last edited:

nckelwd

Newcomer
Phone: iPhone 12
When using a Backbone controller, I can not scroll up or down through shop or chest inventories using the left thumb stick, only left and right. This worked normally prior to the 1.5 update.
I am also unable to add items to the shipping container using the A button on the controller when an item is selected.

Lindar39

Newcomer
Hey everyone!

The 1.5 update is out on mobile devices now, so we can start collecting reports of any potential problems. If you encounter any issue in this update, please post below and give as much information as you can:

NOTE: please make sure you have the latest update before posting your report... your issue may already be fixed

We'll be redirecting mobile 1.5 related posts to this thread to try to keep it all in one place. Thank you!
Please don't reply to this post! We'll see your report, I promise!

NOTE: The updates "roll out", which means that only a small % of players (randomly chosen) will have it at first, which ramp up afterwards. If you don't yet have these updates, you will, so please be patient! If your issue is listed in the patches below, please ensure you are fully updated before reporting. To check the version of your game, press the '?' on the title screen of your game and go to the lower left corner.

1/7 6:30 PM PST: 1.5.6.32
-Fixed crash involving children
-Auto-grabber inventories now function properly
-Fixed toolbar being stuck when using toolbar padding
-Fixed Junimos not depositing their harvests into the hut
-Virtual buttons no longer draw during intro
-Horse is now easier to dismount
-Foraging while on a horse is now re-enabled
-Fixed issue where you could get stuck outside the map if you dismounted a horse
-Fixed inability to tap geodes onto Clint's anvil
-Increased size of Korean text
-Added Chinese language back into the game

1/8 8:00PM PST: 1.5.6.33
-Fixed crash if you "emergency load" and have junimo huts
-Fixed issue where NPC's were found in strange places, and walking where they aren't supposed to
-Fixed issue where the horse was missing after an emergency load
-Fixed issue where shipping bin deposits would be lost after an emergency load
-Fixed animals getting stuck outside and becoming upset
-Fixed issue where cursors were showing up in menus
-Fixed inability to advance text during the "Solarian Chronicles" event
-Fixed issue where auto-grabbers were erroneously showing as "full"
-Restored the missing starter quest
-Tapping on supply crates now auto-selects an appropriate tool
-Fixed pathfinding issue with the secret fishing spot in the Beach Farm
-"Add items to stacks" button added to chests

1/9: 1.5.6.34
-Fixed two invisible buttons control scheme not working.
-Fixed player freezing after tapping a horse while using a tool.
-Fixed closing a menu which contains a stardrop adding it to your inventory instead of consuming it.
-Fixed some museum rewards not removed when collected.

1/10 10:25PM PST: 1.5.6.35
-You can no longer auto attack in the slime hutch unless you have a weapon selected
-You can now place furniture on top of rugs
-Fixed disappearing weapon upon unforging
-Fix for inability to leave festivals using tap-to-move
-Actually fixes the missing horse after emergency load
-Actually fixes the missing shipping bin deposits after emergency load
-Potentially fixed a few strange crashes
I’m so happy that I can now get Ginger Island in my iPad Pro (9.7) but have noticed a couple of bugs. I was given a small collection bin to place anywhere. But when I do place it, the game crashes as soon as I go to bed at night. Secondly, I accepted the quest for 2 dozen eggs but it won’t let me put them in Gus’s fridge. Thirdly I can no longer stay mounted when using the beach and mountain obelisks. Lastly, it’s not a bug but a suggestion - it would be really useful to have the option to show notifications on the right side of the screen in the settings. I am left handed so I tend to miss a lot of notifications, like train passing, because my hand is blocking the view of the notification.

Dimitri2315

Newcomer
Phone: Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro 3/32
Game version:1.5.6.35
Android:10
Problem:Already on 1.5.6.31 I encountered stuttering when starting a song or changing to another one. This problem also exists on the current 1.5.6.35 version, so I ask you to fix this lag, since there was never such a problem on 1.4. Thank you for your attention;)
P.s. I attached a video where these lags are visible. This applies not only to the saloon, but also to all other locations

NessaWyrm

Greenhorn
939DDA17-67F1-4E97-B3A5-F9BE1AC11B02.png

Been checking every day, excited by the new update, to get this fixed. I'm afraid to keep playing in case that causes me to lose out on the quest. :(

Type of phone: iPad Pro (iPAD OS 16.5.1, latest version iirc)

Details of your issue: Apparently I'm not the only one. I chose a quest from the board, picking the Linus/trash one, and gathered what I needed. I go up to the "?" bin to place things in and absolutely nothing works. I tap around, cannot interact with anything except for (thankfully) the little red X to close out the screen. Nothing else is responsive, I cannot drag, I cannot tap to encourage where the pieces of trash should go, nada. :(

This happens nonstop and I cannot figure out a way around this. Each day (I've played three) I go up and interact with the bin. It's the first thing I do when I see a new update. I wake up from my bed each day.

Screenshots/video: Above.

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Bed.

Any other info that might be relevant: Also I miss the 1.14 text scaling :cry: everything is so teeny here and there's no toggle. but i don't wanna sound ungrateful. porting all this seems like it's really hard! best of luck.

Anthony Heinz

Greenhorn
Bom dia, você consertaria o bug que veio no 1.4? Quando encontramos artefatos ou minerais em baús de pesca, eles não aparecem como se fossem obtidos. Na coleção, eles ainda aparecem com essa sombra. Como se não tivessem sido pegos.

In the case of the photo, I took the emerald from the fishing trunk and it was not included in the Minas Gerais collection.

Attachments

tee-corpse

Greenhorn
Legendary Fish II are now a part of the Master Angler Achievement.

Type of device:
Redmi 9 Android 12

Details of your issue: The five legendary fish that the farmer has to catch after accepting a quest from Mr. Qi is showing up in the fish tab in the collections menu. I'm not sure if it's the same on other platforms. But according to the wiki, they aren't needed to be caught to get that achievement.

Any other info that might be relevant: I have 1.5.6 build 35. Adding a screenshot here which shows the silhouette of the five fish in the last line.

Attachments

Roma

Newcomer
Just a minor bug, but there's an arrow on my screen.
Type of phone: vivo 1935
Details of issue: View attachment 12338
I was on the mine, at floor 65. When I clicked the floor 65 button in the lift thingy, an arrow appears. This occurs everytime I click anything other than the buttons on the menus.

P.S. I found another bug. Everytime I load a save, the toolbar increases in size, but when I enter the controls menu and leaves, it turns to normal.

Roma

Newcomer
Phone type: mya-29(android 6.0) Details of issue: experiencing huge fps downfall when trying to do fishing, fighting monsters , playing games at saloon , using tools . I tried updating game changing settings in the game and phone but nothing has changed.

VickieMonkey

Newcomer
Ipad Pro , iPadOS 15.6.1
I cant complete the Pierre Prime Produce Special Order. When I tap the bin, it wont let me put the vegetables into the bin. They just stay stuck in my inventory.
I am having the same issue. I am on an iPad and I have update 1.5.6.35. I am unable to place the gold star, newly harvested vegetables into the bin. I am not able to ‘grab’ them to move them from my inventory to the bin. However I can move them to a chest. I don’t know if this needs a new post or if replying to this one is enough.
thank you!!

Attachments

iPhone 12 Pro Max, Version 1.5.6 Build 32

1. items won’t come off of my walls in my house.
I downloaded the latest update immediately and when loading in, the first thing I did was go to Robin’s house to purchase the house upgrades. I went back to my farmhouse and realized I can’t take anything off of the walls that were originally on them from my pre-1.5 upgrade. I also cannot take off any items that go onto the walls.
2. Occasionally have issues selecting items to move around my house (ex: I click to move a side table them and they will not be put into my inventory unless I’m in a specific location and have tried several times to pick it up)
3. Items in my house (like plants or tables) that are on top of torches are unable to be interacted with or moved)