Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Jsklarr

Greenhorn
Can someone please help me? On iPhone 12 mini, had a save that I’ve been working on for a very long time. I deleted the app and reinstalled it to see if that would fix some issues I was having with the new update. Now I do not see my save file at all. What do I do to get my save file back? Were our files backed up before the update in some kind of archive?

Rel

Newcomer
Phone: Pixel 6 Pro

1. Skull Cavern floor level isn't visible.
2. When auto-attack setting is enabled, weapon is auto-selected when an enemy comes close. This makes it difficult to heal or teleport when life gets low.
3. Journal scraps are collected, but don't register in the Journal Entry tab. Hints can't be seen and corresponding walnut locations aren't populated.

Attachments

Tiny Cryptid

Greenhorn
Model: 2022 Tooton k118 tablet

Issue: I started a new save and it won't let me pick up the starting parsnip seeds. I can tap on the box, my character won't walk through it, so I know it's solid like furniture, I just can't interact with it.

Details: forest farm, Community Center and mine rewards both remixed, English language

Side note: anyone know if you can adjust the size of the toolbar and clock/money display thing in the top corner? Both are really small now and while I can use it, it's a bit annoying.

Edit: sorry I forget to add the language I'm playing in

Last edited:

Bronx Bambinos

Greenhorn
Hey there! If possible, I'd like if you could take a look at this issue I've been having ever since the update.

Type of phone:
LG K8plus
Lge lm-x120

Details: I can't open the game, like, at all. Once I try to open it, I simply get a black screen, and I can't play it. No music, nothing at all; after some time it crashes and closes.

Other info: I've been able to play the previous versions perfectly before, this seems to be an issue happening specifically with this update. According to google, my phone should be able to run it, which is why I hope this is solvable.

Sandra

Greenhorn
Galaxy A52 5G

Downloaded 1st update and now my saved game is gone! A screen came up to saved in a Starview folder before install and I can't find that file anywhere on my phone. I don't know what level I was on, I know that all I had left to do was go to the desert and get to to 100th floor. I really do not want to start a new game after all I've accomplished

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Downloaded 1st update and now my saved game is gone!
Your save files are still there, but you'll have to find a way to get them into the new save file location (I know this is a hassle, but it's a new requirement for Android operating system, we had no other choice).

If the System file picker doesn't work, then you could download a file manager app and manually move the save files. I have an app on my android phone called "File Manager +" that has worked well for me.
the old saves are located in the folder "StardewValley" in the root folder of your device.
The new save file location is: android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves.
Once you've copied the save files to the new location they should appear in-game

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy S20
Details of your issue: 10:30 PM on Summer 24, tried to add a gold Largemouth Bass to the Quality Fish Bundle by dragging and dropping. It landed on top of a gold Tuna that was already there in the first slot (no other slots were filled) and the game immediately crashed.
Screenshots/video: Sorry, never can figure out how to take screenshots on a phone.
Any other info that might be relevant: I reloaded the save and tried 3 more times and it consistently crashed each time. When I dragged it to an unoccupied slot the fish was added correctly. I have not tried with other bundles but will next time I have something to add.
Thanks for the report. I was able to replicate as well, should be fixed in an upcoming patch

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Phone: Fairphone 3

The item recovery service seems unreasonably expensive, see picture. Prices are shown for the sum of all objects, but then used for each one.
Items were lost on ginger Island.
Thanks for this report. Looks like the multiplication is being applied twice. Should be fixed for the next patch

Last edited:

Tanya

Newcomer
2 issues so far:
1 - When I tap the screen it sometimes zooms in - a lot! Using iPad and pencil.
2 - I gathered the eggs, so the first part of Gus’s quest is check off. But I cannot move them into his refrigerator.

Arthuria

Newcomer
Type of phone: Infinix HOT 11S NFC
Details of your issue: I downloaded the latest version of stardew valley but the junimo hut bug is still there.
Screenshots/video:
Screenshot_20230112-042514.jpg

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Tried again - Pierre's little box for goodies might be the problem - or getting packages as such. I remembered that I got his package the morning of the day in question (summer 3) and put it next to the big box on my farm. So I tried doing the day without interacting with the mailbox. Went to Ginger Island, went home, went to bed, the game saved. Next day, summer 4, I got up, went to the mailbox, put Pierres box next to the big selling box, went to bed and the game closed without saving. Maybe this helps locating the error. Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Thanks for these details. Did you ship anything in either the normal shipping bin or the new mini-shipping bin?

CIW

Farmhand
I have been using mobile for years now, but thanks to Eric I can play the update. Thank you. so I may be trying to do this wrong, but i completed a quest. For Willy and was unable to put bug meat in his barrel and now I can’t add wood to Robin’s pile. Is this a bug or the user?
love the game.

Orchid

Cowpoke
Android 13, Samsung Galaxy A71 latest patch of 10 January installed.
The spouse bug still exists. On sunny Saturdays Elliot is not on the grounds of the farm and not in the house, don't see him in the morning and for the whole day and evening he's absent in the game (eg on Summer 27). Only on rainy Saturdays he is present.

Last edited:

Homie

Cowpoke
Stardew Valley version 1.5.6.35 for Android, new farm started after initial 1.5 update:

- missing "add to existing stacks" button
- missing door behind Willy that should lead to the Ginger Island quest
- missing the community centre button to check the bundles
- can not sit on chairs/couches
- no spring onions to forage southwest of town despite the TV telling me to go there for them

The update also turned my community centre in my previous file into a theatre so I had to start a new farm to play a Joja run.

Update: uninstalling and reinstalling the SDV app did not fix these issues allow me to access 1.5 additions.

Last edited:

WillbyBX

Greenhorn
Device: Retroid Pocket 3+

Issue: Game will crash upon going to bed, game won't be saved. Wasn't crashing everytime, but it seems to be doing it more and more.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Phone: Pixel 6 Pro

1. Skull Cavern floor level isn't visible.
2. When auto-attack setting is enabled, weapon is auto-selected when an enemy comes close. This makes it difficult to heal or teleport when life gets low.
3. Journal scraps are collected, but don't register in the Journal Entry tab. Hints can't be seen and corresponding walnut locations aren't populated.
If you click on the journal scraps to read them (select the journal scrap then click on yourself or right click if using buttons), do they then appear in the collection tab?