New 1.6 update teaser Tweet from CA today

NoirNeverSore

Sodbuster
I hope it shows here:

New festivals and new secrets and new question marks, wooo! Which of these are you looking forward to and what do you think will be included? I think one of the question marks will be from the 7th Doctor's umbrella.
I'm most excited about new items!! Though with mobile... It'll be like a year. Thankfully I got PC too, poor Noir

nicodeux

Farmer
Is this online for PC or is it also available on iOS?
As Elenna said, the 1.6 update is not released yet. It will obviously be released on PC (Win/macOS/Linux) first.

This will mostly be an update for modding (see more info here), thus aimed towards PC players, nonetheless everyone hopes that it will also be ported to consoles and mobiles. The recent tweet/X from ConcernedApe gives us more expectations that the update will be ported because it looks it will include generic content and not only modding changes.

Previous updates were ported in the following order: PC > Console > mobile (iOS/Android). There was usually a loooooong delay before the updates hit mobile versions, but in a tweet/X in last December, ConcernedApe stated that the 1.5 update for mobile was a full rewrite that would make any future SDV update far easier to port. So, let cross our fingers!

Last edited:
It's very minor but since joja cola was added to Terraria back in 1.4.4 I hope to see something from terraria in the valley, like a new slime variant that looks like a town slime from terraria.

And about the festival? I don't mind anything as long as it isn't us becoming the mayor. There are multiple better candidates (Evelyn, Robin, Gus).

Bawby

Planter
And about the festival? I don't mind anything as long as it isn't us becoming the mayor. There are multiple better candidates (Evelyn, Robin, Gus).
Evelyn I imagine would prefer to spend her twilight years with George and the garden. Robin might be a bit too busy being the whole town's construction crew (
besides the junimo
). And Gus...well...at least it wouldn't be Clint. Nah, Lew Zealand gave reasoning for the farmer wanting to keep Lewis in charge in a thread I created about elections. Made scary amount of sense. Besides, my farmer lost traction from his ill-advised "Serpents are People, Too" campaign. The farmer's kids having dialogue, even if just babbling (and maybe able to receive gifts), is what I would like to see.

nicodeux

Farmer
Whatever the new festival may be, it will surely be another opportunity for Pierre to open a booth and sell things instead of spending time with his family. No wonder Caroline visits the Wizard in his tower...

Anyway, if we are to speculate, it might be interesting to have a festival outside the valley: in Calico desert to celebrate the reopening of the bus line. Or in Ginger Island once the resort is repaired. That would be the first festival depending on player actions.

I would also love to have a festival in the mountains, taking place around the lake. We have at least two festivals in the forest, on the beach and far more in the town. Nothing in the mountains though.

MogBeoulve

Farmer