Stardew Valley 1.6

Switch0r

Greenhorn
Hello,

We love the play this game every day on lan and it works great even with mods.
Is there any releasedate for the 1.6 update? (the big mod update)
Thanks.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nope, it’ll probably come but there are other priorities and mobile just got 1.5 so it’s probably not even in the works yet, at least the bulk of the update.

dundalol

Sodbuster
ConcernedApe confirmed its being worked on for some time already, but my guess is that it will release in several months to a year. I want to replay the game and Im really eager to know what the new content will be. He said it will be not much new content, but I still want to know

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
ConcernedApe confirmed its being worked on for some time already, but my guess is that it will release in several months to a year. I want to replay the game and Im really eager to know what the new content will be. He said it will be not much new content, but I still want to know
It’ll largely be modding stuff and the update as a whole has been put on hold and will continue to be held off as CA is working on haunted chocolatier.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’ve always found the backpack a near perfect size but could be a nice feature.

I personally think he might add some more flesh to npcs as that seems to be a common annoyance amongst players, especially as the game has progressed through its updates with little change for the characters (outside of the first couple and I’m mostly meaning major changes too).

sandy and wizard/Gus? As marriage candidates could be nice and maybe better integration or marlon and Gunther?

no matter what I’ll be glad, I was completely fine with a no content 1.6 and when concerned ape says there will be content it’s a guarantee he’ll deliver so I’m hyped.

nicodeux

Farmer
For those interested, most of the actual changes to modding, along with a few bugs fixes and Quality of Life changes expected in update 1.6 can be found in this changes log draft.

Note that it does not describe at all content changes announced by ConcernedApe but a few NPC dialogs updates.