AUTO PETTER?!!!!

curl

Sodbuster
Yep. You especially want luck buffs (from food, etc), not just a good luck day, because the probability of a room being a treasure floor is 1% + daily luck/10 + luck buff*1%, i.e. the daily luck adds +/- 1% to the chance, and then you add 1% for each point of luck buff. So if you have, say, a perfect best luck day (+1%), then magic rock candy increases the chances from 2% to 7%. If you only want treasure floors, you can also add ginger ale for another +1%, or +2% with Qi seasoning. Luck rings also increase the probability by 1% each.

So if you want an autopetter, your best chance is to get a bunch of ladders (the best way is to trade jades for ladders at the desert trader on Sundays), stack as many luck buffs as you can, and then go down the floors with your ladders. If you don't get what you want, reset the day and try again till you get it.

@Boo1972 you're probably talking about Haboo's 28-hour perfection run video? In that case, IIRC he was basically just stopping when the magic rock candy ran out, since it doesn't last the whole day. (He didn't have ladders there, so he was just doing a normal SC run with explosive ammo. If you're using ladders, you'll most likely run out of ladders well before the rock candy runs out.)

Agreed, whether or not a floor is a treasure room is decided when you enter the floor. Even if you reset the day, the specific floors that are treasure rooms, and what they have, won't be the same.

Source: @BlaDe talked about this while he spent 20 hours doing the strategy I talked about above to get a red cabbage seed from Skull Caverns (pre-1.5.)
Yeah right now I’ve just been going on lucky days with a lucky ring and eating spicy eel but I should try some rock candy yes

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Pick 5, right?

Chef's is easily done in Summer.
Children's is easily done by Summer.
Home Cook's is easily done by Summer.
Fodder Bundle is doable in Summer (with a fruit bat cave).
Dye Bundle w/ Red Mushroom (as opposed to Beat), Sea Urchin (as opposed to Amaranth), Iridium Bar (as opposed to Red Cabbage) is doable in Summer provided you do the Vault first.

That's really f*$#ing specific an arrangement of bundles, though.

It requires so much moving of buildings to harvest all the eggs, the way I've seen people put buildings in front of others. Seriously, imagine having to move each building, returning to home, getting the eggs out, getting to Robin's or the Wizard's again, moving the next one... 60+ times.

Ugh.

I'd just arrange them so that there's 1 space of path in front of each coop.
They only harvested during winter though, and due to having the rest of their farm as crops, they only had to remove some sprinklers to have all the empty space to have access to a much larger amount at once.
that said, I will and have already decided to have paths for ease of access.
I won't have 67 coops either. I was thinking 18 for about 30 million of extra profit a year, not too profitable but okay by me.

I saw someone on reddit who did something similar to you but with 67 coops of golden chickens all with full hearts, I think they managed this by year 6 and used the fact that you while you cannot place a building so its door is blocked, you can place a building in front of another to block it and save space.
I calculated on average what the coops would make and each was around 1.54 million in a year which is pretty accurate because the person who did it said they made 90 million off of the coops and 30 or so million off of the ancient fruit they placed on the rest of their farm.
According to my calculations, at least the things that I calculated, this is the second most profitable use of a single tile on the farm but much less grindy and chaeper time and sanity-wise than the first. I am actually slowly transitioning away from ancient fruit and onto these to for most space managment now that I have completed the game.
Since you can fit the Mayo Makers in the Coop, it's 18 tiles traded for 12*1197G (with Artisan, 14364G total), or 798 G/day/tile. Assuming you give a tile in front all the way across and thus it's 24 tiles, it's 598.5 G/day/tile. A tile growing Ancient Fruit, assuming it gets converted into Ancient Fruit Wine, and assuming it's growing all year long, and ignoring the space required for the sheds for the kegs for processing, is giving you 330 G/day/tile. So yes, Golden Eggs are significantly more profitable on a per-tile basis than Ancient Fruit, even assuming you space them out, and giving Ancient Fruit breweries all the benefits of the doubt imaginable.

That being said, they are not more profitable on a per-tile basis than say a shed full of kegs processing Ancient Fruit grown elsewhere where coops can't be placed, as a purely theoretical example. Not that this matters much to your farm, as I don't believe you keep your kegs local, but noteworthy I think nonetheless. Out of curiosity, when you say "the second most profitable use of a single tile", which are you referring to, and what's the first?

For my money, going into 60 coops every day and petting hundreds of chickens, gathering hundreds of eggs, and swapping over hundreds of mayo machines, seems pretty grindy and time intensive, compared to a once a week harvest and keg switchover, just saying. Not saying I won't do it mind you XD

Edit:
Yeah right now I’ve just been going on lucky days with a lucky ring and eating spicy eel but I should try some rock candy yes
I've been toying with the idea of going with Pumpkin Soup and Ginger Ale, both with Qi Seasoning, for a total of a +5 Luck bonus (same as Rock Candy) which seems much easier to obtain in large quantities and use in a repeatable fashion. Of course I'll likely struggle with it because the default speed feels so SLOW after running around all day on Spicy Eel and Espresso, but hey it's worth a shot.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Since you can fit the Mayo Makers in the Coop, it's 18 tiles traded for 12*1197G (with Artisan, 14364G total), or 798 G/day/tile. Assuming you give a tile in front all the way across and thus it's 24 tiles, it's 598.5 G/day/tile. A tile growing Ancient Fruit, assuming it gets converted into Ancient Fruit Wine, and assuming it's growing all year long, and ignoring the space required for the sheds for the kegs for processing, is giving you 330 G/day/tile. So yes, Golden Eggs are significantly more profitable on a per-tile basis than Ancient Fruit, even assuming you space them out, and giving Ancient Fruit breweries all the benefits of the doubt imaginable.

That being said, they are not more profitable on a per-tile basis than say a shed full of kegs processing Ancient Fruit grown elsewhere where coops can't be placed, as a purely theoretical example. Not that this matters much to your farm, as I don't believe you keep your kegs local, but noteworthy I think nonetheless. Out of curiosity, when you say "the second most profitable use of a single tile", which are you referring to, and what's the first?

For my money, going into 60 coops every day and petting hundreds of chickens, gathering hundreds of eggs, and swapping over hundreds of mayo machines, seems pretty grindy and time intensive, compared to a once a week harvest and keg switchover, just saying. Not saying I won't do it mind you XD

Edit:

I've been toying with the idea of going with Pumpkin Soup and Ginger Ale, both with Qi Seasoning, for a total of a +5 Luck bonus (same as Rock Candy) which seems much easier to obtain in large quantities and use in a repeatable fashion. Of course I'll likely struggle with it because the default speed feels so SLOW after running around all day on Spicy Eel and Espresso, but hey it's worth a shot.
First, I would like to mention the fact that auto petters and auto grabbers exist and theoretically, you could leave the coops for years with food and heaters and come back to hundreds of millions of g.
The owner of the reddit post said that he had 7 silos and refilled them every day but had enough for a day if he forgot.
Also you could just forgo mayonaise at all and sell the eggs with the rancher proffession instead. With the chickens at 5 hearts the eggs will primarilly be iridium and a bit of lower produce which on average will sell for about 1050-1120 I'm guessing.

Secondly, in my few hours of relatively extensive research over the course of a few days, the most profitable is actually having a large shed filled with pots that in turn filled with pinapple and deluxe retaining soil with processing untis (kegs) elsewhere (off of the farm).
137(number of crops)x1160(artisan wine sell price)=158920g a week
158920/7(days)=~22703g
22703g/21(shed tiles)=1081g per tile per day and including the path in front is ~811g a day per tile.

Another great one is Qi seasoning lucky lunch and ginger ale with two lucky rings for 8 luck.
I actually have a lucky lunch "farm"
This is how it works:
Materials for lucky lunch:
blue jazz
sea cucumber
totilla (corn)

The qi seasoning lucky lunch lasts for 15 minutes so one is enough for a day
Blue jazz grows at a rate of 1 week per harvest so to make a lucky lunch each day you will need 7 garden pots*
Corn is slower but grows at a rate of once every 4 days so 4 garden pots will give you a bit extra but it's fine.
Sea cucumber you could fish but no one would ever do that in a farmable aspect when fish ponds exist.
Fish ponds with sea cucumber in them produce a new fish every 2 days so you will need two ponds.

And there you have it, a very high maintennece lucky lunch farm, I have a small room in my house for this but almost never take care of it because I don't need lucky lunch every day.

*This is thinking in the way of having an interior farm for them both and all pots will be filled with deluxe retaining soil, I have a room for all of these things albiet the sea cucumber of course.

Last edited:
First, I would like to mention the fact that auto petters and auto grabbers exist and theoretically, you could leave the coops for years with food and heaters and come back to hundreds of millions of g.
The owner of the reddit post said that he had 7 silos and refilled them every day but had enough for a day if he forgot.
Also you could just forgo mayonaise at all and sell the eggs with the rancher proffession instead. With the chickens at 5 hearts the eggs will primarilly be iridium and a bit of lower produce which on average will sell for about 1050-1120 I'm guessing.

Secondly, in my few hours of relatively extensive research over the course of a few days, the most profitable is actually having a large shed filled with pots that in turn filled with pinapple and deluxe retaining soil with processing untis (kegs) elsewhere (off of the farm).
137(number of crops)x1160(artisan wine sell price)=158920g a week
158920/7(days)=~22703g
22703g/21(shed tiles)=1081g per tile per day and including the path in front is ~811g a day per tile.

Another great one is Qi seasoning lucky lunch and ginger ale with two lucky rings for 8 luck.
I actually have a lucky lunch "farm"
This is how it works:
Materials for lucky lunch:
blue jazz
sea cucumber
totilla (corn)

The qi seasoning lucky lunch lasts for 15 minutes so one is enough for a day
Blue jazz grows at a rate of 1 week per harvest so to make a lucky lunch each day you will need 7 garden pots*
Corn is slower but grows at a rate of once every 4 days so 4 garden pots will give you a bit extra but it's fine.
Sea cucumber you could fish but no one would ever do that in a farmable aspect when fish ponds exist.
Fish ponds with sea cucumber in them produce a new fish every 2 days so you will need two ponds.

And there you have it, a very high maintennece lucky lunch farm, I have a small room in my house for this but almost never take care of it because I don't need lucky lunch every day.

*This is thinking in the way of having an interior farm for them both and all pots will be filled with deluxe retaining soil, I have a room for all of these things albiet the sea cucumber of course.
I get why pineapples, but wouldn't it be substantially more profitable, in this theoretical extreme example, to do Starfruit? Even taking into account the fact that you're using Deluxe Retaining Soil, so you can't use Speed Gro of any kind, the Starfruit offers (ignoring the space for kegs) 242 G / day / garden pot, while the Pineapples offer 180. Again I get why pineapples, just saying, if we're talking "most profitable" technically Starfruit would still reign supreme, Pineapple is just "most profitable without needing to be replanted every time".

As far as sleeping the days away with your golden chickens, it's a fair point, it substantially increases the "profit per click" metric of that approach. That being said you can technically achieve the same with regular chickens, albeit with substantially more time spent sleeping, and if you Do process into Mayo, it more than doubles the profits. If only Hoppers also unloaded the finished product! Speaking of Hoppers, it's a shame you can't load them with hay and stick one onto a silo.

Finally in terms of lucky lunch farms, I get it, it's a fine choice. Personally though I'll trade -1 luck for +3 defense and substantially lower investment for significant quantities of them, it's the same reason I prefer Lobster Bisque to Seafoam pudding. Nothing at all wrong with "the good stuff" but for me I'll just bust out a couple hundred pumpkins if I get low, replacing a batch of Starfruit at the Island, and then I'm good for years with my faithful cows, very low maintenance.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I get why pineapples, but wouldn't it be substantially more profitable, in this theoretical extreme example, to do Starfruit? Even taking into account the fact that you're using Deluxe Retaining Soil, so you can't use Speed Gro of any kind, the Starfruit offers (ignoring the space for kegs) 242 G / day / garden pot, while the Pineapples offer 180. Again I get why pineapples, just saying, if we're talking "most profitable" technically Starfruit would still reign supreme, Pineapple is just "most profitable without needing to be replanted every time".

As far as sleeping the days away with your golden chickens, it's a fair point, it substantially increases the "profit per click" metric of that approach. That being said you can technically achieve the same with regular chickens, albeit with substantially more time spent sleeping, and if you Do process into Mayo, it more than doubles the profits. If only Hoppers also unloaded the finished product! Speaking of Hoppers, it's a shame you can't load them with hay and stick one onto a silo.

Finally in terms of lucky lunch farms, I get it, it's a fine choice. Personally though I'll trade -1 luck for +3 defense and substantially lower investment for significant quantities of them, it's the same reason I prefer Lobster Bisque to Seafoam pudding. Nothing at all wrong with "the good stuff" but for me I'll just bust out a couple hundred pumpkins if I get low, replacing a batch of Starfruit at the Island, and then I'm good for years with my faithful cows, very low maintenance.
I completely understand your argument of starfruit, but on a realistic and manageble scale, have you ever harvested potted plants in a shed or in any mass? The things are painfully slow and keep trying to harvest from the same crop even when nothing is there.
Maybe I'll try though, I'm just not a fan of harvesting and replanting and have optimized routes and planning for both harvesting my crops and putting them into kegs, I could even draw them out on the screenshots if someone would like to see.
So while you could use starfruit, I am actually planning and grinding for the eventuall 15 sheds I want, and will most likely stick with the lazier method lol.
Another reason is that since actually getting all the garden pots and deluxe retaining soild is so expensive in time, I mostly want keg filler and a nice organized schedule, you can check another post I have written in to see my weekly schedule which I like to be quite organized.

Yeah, pumpkin soup is really good, I personally also like banana pudding which is super cheap and I also have a barn of cows that I use with my cellar to make aged cheese which heals for 325 energy and 146 health, complete overkill, especially for one with the acrobat profession.

Also, @imnvs,
I have now perfected a way and method of obtaining 130-140 clay a day, I will show with some screenshots if you want to see.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Here is my schedule (from another post),

"It's funny, I think I just figured it out right now while attempting to grok those thousands of Kegs. It feels like one of those Clicker games to me at that point, just making bigger numbers"

Yeah, I have now more than 2000+ kegs and am 3 in game days away from perfection but the constant kegging isn't that bad once you setup a schedule or have your own creative aspect to it, for me it is the fact that instead of having all my kegs in sheds, I have them in the entirety of the town and map itself which allows me to always be changing and altering my path for time efficency and also have more than the regular just repetitive motions all day long.
I also have all my crops in the valley harvested by junimos and I only have to harvest my crops on the island once every week.
This is how my average week goes by:
Monday (busiest day by far):
get up, do morning chores (hello to the wife, collect from my statues of fortune, chug some speed food/drink) and then head to the island with the obelisk. After arriving, I harvest my crops and then check the Qi board for quests before returning and maybe checking the special orders board. The rest of the day I spend doing whatever I want and/or the quests I checked. I also harvest my pineapple shed and sometimes evening chores (fill furnaces/cheese press)
Harvest from my two sheds of crystalariums.
Tuesday:
I do my morning chores then grab two stacks of ancient fruit from a chest and fill up my kegs with the fastest patter I have devised. Usually takes until about 9-10 at night so head to bed after evening chores sometimes.
Wednesday:
Morning chores, Whatever I wish, usually implying skull cavern, harvest from crystalariums and evening chores If I don't do SC.
Thursday:
Morning chores, buy a prismatic rock candy from desert trader and couple hundred mega bombs and other things, whatever I want.
Friday:
Morning chores, evening chores if possible, whatever I want, harvest crystalariums on this day or the next if I want.
Saturday:
Morning chores, eveing choresif possible, whatever I want.
Sunday:
Morning chores, go to desert to trade in diamonds and jade, eveing chores if possible, whatever I want.

Sorry if a bit repetitive but this is the regular but is usually fluid besides jade and prismatic rock candy trading and whatever has to do with kegs.
Sometimes I also build new buildings and buy stuff like hay, coal and wood from respective buyers as well as changing to artisan proffesion to sell my wines (last sale went for 17 million).

Hill Myna

Farmer
I get why pineapples, but wouldn't it be substantially more profitable, in this theoretical extreme example, to do Starfruit?
I'm fairly certain that fertiliser in pots runs out whenever you harvest a single-harvest crop, such as Starfruit.

But as far as food goes, in my opinion trading Rubies for Spicy Eel and Diamonds for Coffee (if you don't plant it) is just so easy. And once you've bought 10-20 Spicy Eels, you've got enough that a couple bad runs with not many Serpents will be balanced out, so you'll never have to buy them again.

And to be honest, I'm mainly in Skull Cavern for fun anyways, and I find zooming around with speed boosts to be much more enjoyable, even if it's mechanically worse.

@FilthyGorilla, are you thinking of this farm?

I never thought about adding Qi Seasoning to Lucky Lunch to make it last longer, so thanks for providing a different perspective!

Boo1972

Farmer
@Elenna101, yes it was the 28 hour perfection video! I’m glad my memory was at least loosely based on reality :love:.

@Giant Octopodes, I used pumpkin soup, ginger ale and a lucky ring to farm for autopetters. I didn’t really miss the speed boost because stairs and shafts were popping up by the entrance. No real need to run around the caverns. But, if you were in the SC for fun or iridium mining, I’d probably replace the ginger ale with espresso.

You know, most of the farmers on this thread are probably swimming in prismatic shards. Why aren’t we just trading them in for magic rock candy? A luck boosted run in the SC will probably yield you at least the 3 prismatic shards you spent on the candy. I guess the 1 on Thursday limit is a bit of a pain. Still, I’m often in the desert on Thursday. Maybe I’ll start stocking up on magic rock candy too.

imnvs

Local Legend
You know, most of the farmers on this thread are probably swimming in prismatic shards. Why aren’t we just trading them in for magic rock candy?
Honestly, early on, when I can, I do start getting and saving up magic rock candy for later use. The 1/week limit is rough, but if you can get enough money fast enough and can get yourself out to the desert fast enough? The sooner you start saving up the sooner you can actually start using them... and I love the runs when I use my magic rock candy.

Cuusardo

Farmer
In my current farm I was fortunate enough to find not 1 but 2 autopetters early on relatively close to one another. That has not happened with any of my others since it was added to the game. I think I've only managed to find 1 on my other farms that have one.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm fairly certain that fertiliser in pots runs out whenever you harvest a single-harvest crop, such as Starfruit.

But as far as food goes, in my opinion trading Rubies for Spicy Eel and Diamonds for Coffee (if you don't plant it) is just so easy. And once you've bought 10-20 Spicy Eels, you've got enough that a couple bad runs with not many Serpents will be balanced out, so you'll never have to buy them again.

And to be honest, I'm mainly in Skull Cavern for fun anyways, and I find zooming around with speed boosts to be much more enjoyable, even if it's mechanically worse.

@FilthyGorilla, are you thinking of this farm?

I never thought about adding Qi Seasoning to Lucky Lunch to make it last longer, so thanks for providing a different perspective!
They used empty to but it was a glitch and was patched in 1.5.4 or 1.5.5
Also I use a stack of crab cakes from Gus after Willy's 6 heart event for regular speed in combination with triple shot and have close to 1700 spicy eels which I mostly just sell nowadays for in the SC, with two luck rings +3 luck is way enough for 12-14 shards a run, I just got 16 on a run with only spicy eel which is quite a good run for me.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@Elenna101, yes it was the 28 hour perfection video! I’m glad my memory was at least loosely based on reality :love:.

@Giant Octopodes, I used pumpkin soup, ginger ale and a lucky ring to farm for autopetters. I didn’t really miss the speed boost because stairs and shafts were popping up by the entrance. No real need to run around the caverns. But, if you were in the SC for fun or iridium mining, I’d probably replace the ginger ale with espresso.

You know, most of the farmers on this thread are probably swimming in prismatic shards. Why aren’t we just trading them in for magic rock candy? A luck boosted run in the SC will probably yield you at least the 3 prismatic shards you spent on the candy. I guess the 1 on Thursday limit is a bit of a pain. Still, I’m often in the desert on Thursday. Maybe I’ll start stocking up on magic rock candy too.
I do trade them in, even in early game, I have about 10 now but use them quite often, I actually once got one as a haunted skulls which seem to be bugged into dropping way to much loot but I will touch upon this in another thread later on.

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 2 REAL YEARS AND 12 YEARS IN GAME AND I HAVE NEEEEEVER FOUND AN AUTO PETTER AND NOW I HAVE AN AUTO PETTER WHAT EVEN
So only Joja line give you that. but if you didnt there is still a chance to get it in skull cavern. and that the only alternative. only in treasure level the chest will give you that. there is a 1/25 chance of giving you the auto petter. i've only played it 2years in game i have two petter now. so the method to farm it is as follow

my own method:
copy jade for stairs. like tons of them.
get 100-150 mega boom.
spam stairs from level 1-70. unless you see something you want then boom + pick + hammer.
from 70 on is stirs on poor level then pick+boom on rich level if no stirs then put stirs. if holes jump holes i think you know how it goes.
should be able to reach 130-150 this way and encounter 1-3 treasure rooms.

repeat and resin several time I know its a grind but you should get your auto petter. I farmed so many skull cavens. so many

Btw there is a hammer trick for one shot anything close to you. so get artful+acrobat. 3 ruby upgrade. then right click to preform the special slam at the same time spam left click then you will slam multiple times. if not knocked back to much this should one shoot any mob in this game. this should make your adventure easier.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It's too bad because you used to be able to buy unlimited of them on the thursday which would have been nice because lately I've been getting 25-40 a week and have nearly 200 in a chest which is so useless

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
So only Joja line give you that. but if you didnt there is still a chance to get it in skull cavern. and that the only alternative. only in treasure level the chest will give you that. there is a 1/25 chance of giving you the auto petter. i've only played it 2years in game i have two petter now. so the method to farm it is as follow

my own method:
copy jade for stairs. like tons of them.
get 100-150 mega boom.
spam stairs from level 1-70. unless you see something you want then boom + pick + hammer.
from 70 on is stirs on poor level then pick+boom on rich level if no stirs then put stirs. if holes jump holes i think you know how it goes.
should be able to reach 130-150 this way and encounter 1-3 treasure rooms.

repeat and resin several time I know its a grind but you should get your auto petter. I farmed so many skull cavens. so many

Btw there is a hammer trick for one shot anything close to you. so get artful+acrobat. 3 ruby upgrade. then right click to preform the special slam at the same time spam left click then you will slam multiple times. if not knocked back to much this should one shoot any mob in this game. this should make your adventure easier.
I go to the SC quite often and have gotten about eleven by the end of year 3, which is good because I will be making a golden chicken farm and can by the rest from joja.
Also for the hammer trick, I can get about 11-13 hits in because I butterfly click while also spamming my "attack" key on keyboard which I rebinded from c to f for ease of access.

Last edited:
I go to the SC quite often and have gotten about eleven by the end of year 3, which is good because I will be making a golden chicken farm and can by the rest from joja.
Also for the hammer trick, I can get about 11-13 hits in because I butterfly click while also spamming my "attack" key on keyboard which I rebinded from c to f for ease of access.
nice I dont go for animals so i got 2 which is enough for me. the hammer trick i have a marco for it so i am doing it like machine guns XD. monster perfume + dangerous mine level 55-60 is my place to go. so many damn spiders drops tons of stuff