AUTO PETTER?!!!!

Elenna101

Farmer
So only Joja line give you that. but if you didnt there is still a chance to get it in skull cavern. and that the only alternative. only in treasure level the chest will give you that. there is a 1/25 chance of giving you the auto petter. i've only played it 2years in game i have two petter now. so the method to farm it is as follow

my own method:
copy jade for stairs. like tons of them.
get 100-150 mega boom.
spam stairs from level 1-70. unless you see something you want then boom + pick + hammer.
from 70 on is stirs on poor level then pick+boom on rich level if no stirs then put stirs. if holes jump holes i think you know how it goes.
should be able to reach 130-150 this way and encounter 1-3 treasure rooms.

repeat and resin several time I know its a grind but you should get your auto petter. I farmed so many skull cavens. so many

Btw there is a hammer trick for one shot anything close to you. so get artful+acrobat. 3 ruby upgrade. then right click to preform the special slam at the same time spam left click then you will slam multiple times. if not knocked back to much this should one shoot any mob in this game. this should make your adventure easier.
Yeah, like I said above, you really want a high luck buff with this strategy - if you're doing it with magic rock candy you should be able to get a 6%-7% chance of a treasure room, so you should get probably 5-7 treasure rooms per run with the depth you're getting to, not just 1-3.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
nice I dont go for animals so i got 2 which is enough for me. the hammer trick i have a marco for it so i am doing it like machine guns XD. monster perfume + dangerous mine level 55-60 is my place to go. so many damn spiders drops tons of stuff
Lol the macro tho, I do have a rebindable autoclicker...
Yeah, I don't know the exact window of time you have for hitting so mine is mostly an educated guess.

Yeah, like I said above, you really want a high luck buff with this strategy - if you're doing it with magic rock candy you should be able to get a 6%-7% chance of a treasure room, so you should get probably 5-7 treasure rooms per run with the depth you're getting to, not just 1-3.
I usually go with the eel and no luck ring so thats why i only get 1-3 probably XD

I usually go with the eel and no luck ring so thats why i only get 1-3 probably XD
It definitely makes a difference, I was just doing eels and a luck ring, and indeed was only folding chest floors rarely. I went with gold star pumpkin soup and ginger ale on an average luck day and found well over a dozen, at one point finding 3 in a row and multiple times getting two in a row.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you really want a harder run but with the most treasure floors: gold lucky lunch, gold ginger ale and two luck rings.

It definitely makes a difference, I was just doing eels and a luck ring, and indeed was only folding chest floors rarely. I went with gold star pumpkin soup and ginger ale on an average luck day and found well over a dozen, at one point finding 3 in a row and multiple times getting two in a row.
oh ginger ale and lucky lunch stacks? maybe i can try that with two lucky ring

Barage49

Farmhand
It's too bad because you used to be able to buy unlimited of them on the thursday which would have been nice because lately I've been getting 25-40 a week and have nearly 200 in a chest which is so useless
The way I envy you right now :cry: Unless you're not talking about auto-petters and I'm just going insane from spending so many hours trying to find one with nothing to show for it lol

imnvs

Local Legend
The way I envy you right now :cry: Unless you're not talking about auto-petters and I'm just going insane from spending so many hours trying to find one with nothing to show for it lol
Pretty sure he was talking about Magic Rock Candy. It used to be unlimited buy on Thursdays, but at 1.4.1 was limited to 1/week.

Barage49

Farmhand
Pretty sure he was talking about Magic Rock Candy. It used to be unlimited buy on Thursdays, but at 1.4.1 was limited to 1/week.
Either way, I am envious of him........ moving on lol I only have one magic rock candy and I'm not sure why but I feel like I should be stockpiling my prismatic shards for something. I'm always paranoid I've missed something and I'll have to go back only to find that I don't have nearly enough of whatever I need.

imnvs

Local Legend
Either way, I am envious of him........ moving on lol I only have one magic rock candy and I'm not sure why but I feel like I should be stockpiling my prismatic shards for something. I'm always paranoid I've missed something and I'll have to go back only to find that I don't have nearly enough of whatever I need.
You don't need to stockpile unless you want to use a lot of them in very short order. After getting the galaxy sword and donating to the museum, Magic Rock Candy and enchanting are the best uses. If you want color changing clothing or color-changing junimos, you'll need to have a few for the sewing machine or putting in the hut, but you shouldn't need too many. You might also want to turn children into doves, but you only need one for this. Otherwise they are a universal loved gift (exception: Haley) and worth 2k each if you need cash. That's it. After getting the galaxy sword, all your prismatic clothing, getting prismatic junimos, enchanting all your tools/weapons... you'll keep getting prismatic shards. If you're finding them, buy some MRC. It is worth it if you're any good in the Skull Cavern.

Barage49

Farmhand
You don't need to stockpile unless you want to use a lot of them in very short order. After getting the galaxy sword and donating to the museum, Magic Rock Candy and enchanting are the best uses. If you want color changing clothing or color-changing junimos, you'll need to have a few for the sewing machine or putting in the hut, but you shouldn't need too many. You might also want to turn children into doves, but you only need one for this. Otherwise they are a universal loved gift (exception: Haley) and worth 2k each if you need cash. That's it. After getting the galaxy sword, all your prismatic clothing, getting prismatic junimos, enchanting all your tools/weapons... you'll keep getting prismatic shards. If you're finding them, buy some MRC. It is worth it if you're any good in the Skull Cavern.
Yeah that's the thing I haven't enchanted anything yet and I haven't bought any galaxy souls (though I've racked up a few hundred qi gems now) so I'm probably gonna get the infinity gavel today. Honestly I agree it seems like once I have enough to do all the other stuff I might as well just buy the candy and go mining with it. I read somewhere that you usually end up with a few prismatic shards when you go on lucky days plus there's a higher chance to find treasure rooms and auto-petters lol. Thanks for the info! :)

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah that's the thing I haven't enchanted anything yet and I haven't bought any galaxy souls (though I've racked up a few hundred qi gems now) so I'm probably gonna get the infinity gavel today. Honestly I agree it seems like once I have enough to do all the other stuff I might as well just buy the candy and go mining with it. I read somewhere that you usually end up with a few prismatic shards when you go on lucky days plus there's a higher chance to find treasure rooms and auto-petters lol. Thanks for the info! :)
Absolutely. You're welcome. And yes, adding on all the luck the Magic Rock Candy gives can easily get you the shards to buy your next Magic Rock Candy.

Just make sure you bring plenty of staircases! There's nothing wrong with going with just bombs and magic rock candy but having a hundred or more staircases really lets you leverage those improved odds. Also note that depending on where you're at from a resource standpoint, if you get near the end of the day and you Haven't found any auto petters then you can always restart the day. The treasure rooms are randomly generated upon arrival and not predetermined so you can get different stuff the next time around. Getting auto petters with just luck can be a pain but with a high enough luck and enough staircases I have faith you'll get them eventually!

(Also a note - if you don't already have two lucky rings by far the best source for those is panning, believe it or not, on a very lucky day. I've gotten multiple of them on the same day using that method, not that it's foolproof or anything of course)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Just make sure you bring plenty of staircases! There's nothing wrong with going with just bombs and magic rock candy but having a hundred or more staircases really lets you leverage those improved odds. Also note that depending on where you're at from a resource standpoint, if you get near the end of the day and you Haven't found any auto petters then you can always restart the day. The treasure rooms are randomly generated upon arrival and not predetermined so you can get different stuff the next time around. Getting auto petters with just luck can be a pain but with a high enough luck and enough staircases I have faith you'll get them eventually!
100% agreed, this is exactly what I did and got an Autopetter that day. We will not talk about getting knocked out a few minutes later and the subsequent Intellectual Property Theft perpetrated by actors unknown though suspected to be a certain non-FairyRing blue-skinned charlatan clad in mostly, but failing to truly commit to, all-Black.

Sparkles belong only to me.

(Also a note - if you don't already have two lucky rings by far the best source for those is panning, believe it or not, on a very lucky day. I've gotten multiple of them on the same day using that method, not that it's foolproof or anything of course)
No nono nonono... heh, sorry but you must be mistaken. Panning is utterly useless. The Pan doesn't even make a good Hat, I've tried with many hairstyles and it only goes with bald. Huh Panning, that it's even a Community Center upgrade, sheesh! Probably something Morris introduced to get people into town from back East who then go the Joja route, and Lewis or those articulated apples just tacked it on to try to compete. A checkbox feature only.

Panning can't actually be useful, I even checked the wiki and it sez 'no'.

This is crazy.

🤯

Barage49

Farmhand
That is the method I've been using but I've been busy setting up my ancient fruit crop (it's spring 2 now I think) so I've temporarily given up. The wiki has been able to help along with the fine farmers of this forum and I'm confident I'll get enough auto-petters eventually...

This I haven't heard about before, though... panning? I just tossed my brown panning thingy (panner? pan?) in a chest to replace it with my shiny new return scepter (a fiscally irresponsible purchase but damn it feels good). I've had my one lucky ring equipped since I got it ages ago but I forget how I did and I've never found another. I think I've actually panned maybe 16 times in all the hours I've spent on stardew. It can't actually be worth running around the entire pond for two copper ore, can it? I'll have to look into this one more but if I've been missing out then hopefully lucky rings will start coming my way. Thanks for the tip!

Lew Zealand

Helper
This I haven't heard about before, though... panning? I just tossed my brown panning thingy (panner? pan?) in a chest to replace it with my shiny new return scepter (a fiscally irresponsible purchase but damn it feels good).
Whoa whoaaah, neellyyyy!

Now let's all just take some deep breaths and calm down a little bit here and re-examine our priorities. Everyone should be well aware right now that Stardew Valley is just a thinly disguised farming veneer over a robust Return Sceptre simulator. Watch any SDV Speedrun and you'll see the game is pretty much over and times are counted when said runner obtains the everlasting Stick of Maximal Use and Laziness.

Listen, the reason it costs 2M g is to clearly show that the function of all the original Wizard Obelisks totaled together barely equate the wonderfulness of the highly portable Wand of Rump Rescuing and Volcanic Cavernous Mine Yoinking. And have you tried to carry those Obbis around? I haven't worn cargo shorts in 20 years and I'm not going back!

No nono, the sole purpose of Farming is to grow Crops and Animals, Jar or Keg them (especially the Cows), sell them for 2,000,000 g and buy my sweet lovey-dovey Return Sceptre. All else is secondary fluff.

Mostly.

Abby is pretty cool.

FairyRing

Farmer
a certain non-FairyRing blue-skinned charlatan clad in mostly, but failing to truly commit to, all-Black.
Sparkles belong only to me.
Thanks for this!
And absolutely the sparkles belong to you! Who does Qi even think he is?😤

sweet lovey-dovey Return Sceptre
As soon as I can afford it I get it. Anyone else use it even when they are on their own farm? I use mine for everything. Picking my teeth too.
It's useful when getting out of outdoor slime pens, because they won't hop after you as you go out a gate.