Yo Ape!: Villagers Should Kick Stuff

LRangerR

Local Legend
Instead of villagers destroying any chests or whatever they walk over, they should instead "kick" them, similar to the way the player can push chests now.

Odin

Staff member
I'm imagining a scenario where a chest it placed in a "high traffic" area and just kicked around endlessly. It may also create an issue if someone "fills" an area and there's no spot for something to be kicked. Maybe items that NPCs walk through could be placed in the new lost and found box?

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm imagining a scenario where a chest it placed in a "high traffic" area and just kicked around endlessly.
Personally that would entertain me, lol.

It may also create an issue if someone "fills" an area and there's no spot for something to be kicked. Maybe items that NPCs walk through could be placed in the new lost and found box?
The thought had occurred to me as well, I just forgot to mention it. That's another option though. At the very least it's better than things being outright destroyed. Perhaps if there's no spot for it to be "kicked" then it can go to lost and found as well.

LRangerR

Local Legend
A side thought, I don't know how hard these would be to code, so it's always possible to introduce them in 2 stages.

lazyroll

Tiller
I think it would be better if the NPC's wouldn't destroy or kick stuff, but just rather stop, mumble something and then pass through the stuff, similar to the MOD:

At least an option in game settings to toggle that would be nice...