Mac Xbox wireless controller not working on mac

Nefan

Greenhorn
Hi,
I was playing the new version of the game with steam by using an Xbox one wireless controller, i could play normally. Since the very last upgrade of stardew valley (1.6.3 the 27th march) the control don't work anymore, I've already tried many solutions as configuring the control by steam but when i open the game the A button doesn't work and instead i have to use the RT button to select any option.

Does this problem is common for everyone using macbook? How can it be solved?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi Nefan and Welcome to the Forums! OK I just dug my XBone controller out of it's coffin and paired it with my 2015 MacBook Pro and played SDV with a controller for the first time. It's not bad! And my A button seems to work as needed. It's the "use" button, right? I shook a coupla Trees and Bushes (it's Salmonberry season so lotsa bush-shakin' going on) and picked up a Dandelion.

I just installed v1.6.3 a few minutes ago from the GOG offline installers but the version of the game should be the same from wherever you get it. Maybe try disconnecting and pairing your controller again? Can you confirm that your A button works in other games?

sassidie

Newcomer
I am having a similar problem. My controller is working when paired with other games, but not SDV. It worked perfectly on March 26th and 27th but when I tried to play on the 28th it did not recognize it. I tried wireless and wired with the one I've been using, plus a different Xbox controller just in case mine was just dead. Nothing. I've reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, checked forums, etc and I'm not seeing any solutions. I'm going to assume some form of controller support was broken in 1.6.3 and wait for a new patch.

breathnu2

Newcomer
Same problem here. I haven't played in like 3 years, but I came back for 1.6.

I have an old libSDL2.dylib from 1.4 or 1.5 (that I may have done the workaround posted around here in order to get my controller working in the first place on Mac—I don't quite remember).

When I load that file into the game (and rename it to libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib), the controller works BUT the game sound is completely mute. But when the 1.6.3's original libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib file is in it's folder, the sound works but the Xbox controller isn't recognized.

Nefan

Greenhorn
Thanks for your answers... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem so it will probably get solved sooner.