Issue (xbox game pass) unable to enable mods (no options)

Brandoo

Newcomer
I'm extremely confused on how this works. everything tells me to go to the manage section for the game. i do so. it says to click "Enable mods". but there is no option for that. just "Create desktop shortcut" and "uninstall game". do i need to buy the game for the "enable mods" button to show up? or is modding removed from the xbox app on pc. cause i can't find anything that explains why i dont' have the enable mods button. also i cannot find "Stardewvalley.exe" anywhere on my pc. that is also holding me back on moding the game.

Minimouse90

Greenhorn
Hi not sure about the answer but I had this same problem so I googled alot lol and I finally found a related post. That's when I switched to steam it's amazing and also moddrop best two apps I love both. You can use nexus to drop mods in moddrop and it mostly does all the work for you

raxo

Newcomer
Hi I had the same problem as you but managed to fix it. First you need to find where you saved the main folder (open xbox app > Stardew Valley > 3 dots > manage > files > browse) Stradew Valley \ Content, copy the path to it. Run SMAPI and select the second option, paste the path to "Stradew Valley.exe" then select the first option to install SMAPI. Upload your mods to the mods folder and you can play modded Stardew Valley but every time you want to play you have to go to the Content folder and run "StardewModdingAPI.exe".

If you want to play with your friends or run the game from the xbox app, replace the name "StradewModdingAPI.exe" with "Stardew Valley.exe".
Hope this helps.

sab2319

Newcomer
Hi I had the same problem as you but managed to fix it. First you need to find where you saved the main folder (open xbox app > Stardew Valley > 3 dots > manage > files > browse) Stradew Valley \ Content, copy the path to it. Run SMAPI and select the second option, paste the path to "Stradew Valley.exe" then select the first option to install SMAPI. Upload your mods to the mods folder and you can play modded Stardew Valley but every time you want to play you have to go to the Content folder and run "StardewModdingAPI.exe".

If you want to play with your friends or run the game from the xbox app, replace the name "StradewModdingAPI.exe" with "Stardew Valley.exe".
Hope this helps.
hi there i know this is years ago but i am currently having this issue on my laptop and tried the same stuff u did that u were able to fix it with and mine didnt work so i was wondering if u were using a built pc or a gaming laptop? bc im thinking that could be part of the issue for me