Worst Decision

MogBeoulve

Farmer
In retrospect I probably shouldnā€™t have put my field so close to the water dish. ā€œYouā€™re planting? Oh, Iā€™ll just fall asleep right here between the sprinklers.ā€
The one thing I dislike about the Four Corners farm is where the water dish is located. It's in the middle of nowhere when you're just starting out! And even once you have your farm nice and organized, being in the middle of all the divided areas means you have no idea where the pet will wind up on any given day, so good luck hunting him/her down for petting every day.

Jayamos

Farmer
The one thing I dislike about the Four Corners farm is where the water dish is located. It's in the middle of nowhere when you're just starting out! And even once you have your farm nice and organized, being in the middle of all the divided areas means you have no idea where the pet will wind up on any given day, so good luck hunting him/her down for petting every day.
Oof, never noticed that.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I believe the Four Corners farm is intended for multiplayer, so in that light, it makes sense to have the water bowl more centrally located. For a single farmer, it's inconvenient.

Elenna101

Farmer
good news for you then, IIRC 1.6 will add the ability to move the farm house and water bowl!

Godkin

Planter
This is your preferred pet option, are you a cat or dog lover? Like parenting in this game, they are additional elements that can enhance the experience. Maybe it would be more interesting if we could play with them, for example throwing bones or balls, even though it doesn't provide any real benefit in the game. Or even have them help in some aspects like driving away crows, finding food, or hunting monsters.

So, in the end, your pet won't disturb your restful sleep. <`惘Ā“>

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Oh, I have several times passed out in the house because the dog was blocking the bed, despite all efforts to shove him out of the way.
I've had fairly good results from keeping two tiles of clearance around all sides of the bed. It's actually an old building habit carried over from the original Sims that has served me surprisingly well over the years. Then the only time I pass out is when I get caught up redecorating and forget to keep an eye on time.

Godkin

Planter
Oh, I have several times passed out in the house because the dog was blocking the bed, despite all efforts to shove him out of the way.
I interpret it as something less useful and it would be better if it had some benefits. That way, even if there isn't one, you can still get a good night's sleep. Many people also feel frustrated by the fact that it often gets in the way and wastes the player's time. However, sometimes you can still get through with more effort or by making your bed have more space, at least two tiles to pass.

We will always be faced with failure, but that doesn't mean we have to stop. ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)
gwo-gzlwong.gif

Lew Zealand

Helper
In retrospect I probably shouldnā€™t have put my field so close to the water dish. ā€œYouā€™re planting? Oh, Iā€™ll just fall asleep right here between the sprinklers.ā€
One thing I did entirely unintentionally was to make a maze around the Cat's water dish and ya know, it works almost all the time to keep kitty away from planting and other areas of the farm where I have cluelessly carved single rump-sided corridors which are ideal for Catblocking. And you can totally say it's an architectural element integral to the sophisticated modern Farm planning model upon which you are expanding, adding new knowledge layers atop the ancient human bedrock of agriculture.

Well you could, but it's really a racetrack:

Note the well-corraled Cat at upper right, he rarely escapes to the rest of the Farm though he can.