World Seed Generation Patterns

Adaml_217

Farmhand
I've been playing around with the Mousey Stardew Valley predictor, , and I've noticed some patterns regarding a few aspects of the world seed generation, and to be honest there is probably a pattern to all of it, simply with how coding works - I just have no interest tracking garbage can items or wallpapers and flooring across the numbers of a world seed.

However, I very well have noticed a few patterns regarding night events and remixed mine chests, specifically.

Credit to , for the initial information regarding night events, and I have been able to find a pattern - that if you find a seed that includes a specific night event, adjusting the seed by small values will allow the night event still to be present, albeit at a different date while allowing you to skim the seeds for different variables and factors you have interest in.

For example,

World Seed 123458 has a witch on night 22 of the first Spring, whereas 123457 has it on the 23rd - they both have different mine chest rewards, winter star characters, pre-determined infested floors, etc, and so on so forth.

Whereas, this article on Reddit: , the author noticed a pattern regarding loops of remixed mine chest rewards - that certain rewards are in loops, and tied to specific ones, rotating from odd or even values matching them depending on the value of the world seed. Definitely hard to explain so I'll give you some examples:

Using the same two seeds as above:

123457 has the following Mine Chest Rewards

123458 has

123456 has

Notice how the world seeds ending in the even numbers match, where the obsidian edge changes into the ossified blade but the rest remain, whereas the odd ending world seed has a completely different set of remixed mine rewards.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure of the exact patterns yet but I truly find this fascinating, and helpful in how it allows me to skim for a specific world seed, without having specific lines of code to SDV speedrunners, and knowledge whizzes would have. So I hope it can intrigue or help you in some way.

If any of you have anything to add, please do feel free. :)

-
A

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Actually a lot of stuff works like this in the game and it's quite fascinating, for example the geodes in every single game on every single seed are just a single billions long thread that your seed perfectly dictates the starting position of.