Wizard needs more love.... opinions.

Apples

Farmhand
There is something about the magical aspects of this game that always amazes me. Whether it be the junimos running around the abandoned Community Center or the wizard demonstrating his vast knowledge in magic, its always interested me and just leaves me in awe sometimes. What I wanted to talk about is the wizard. I feel that he needs a lot of rewriting.
First, the wizard should have a bit more depth in vanilla gameplay, with heart events and everything. Maybe he could reveal parts of his past that piece together in the vast lore of the game, maybe he could teach us various types of magic and even give us our own "window" like the one he has in his tower. And maybe even help him move past the guilt and grief of being dumped twice and not getting to meet his own daughter. I feel like having him as a marriage candidate is a no, however. To me, marrying him is like marrying shane. He doesn't need a person to be with him, he just needs a buddy to help him out every now and then.
Focusing more on the magical aspects that I had in mind, after his four heart event we can get the ability to get a "window", like the one he has in his tower, on the farm. I could go a step further and say we get our own wizard tower, multiple levels that we can customize to our heart's content. With the window now in our possession, we can use certain items to give us certain buffs. Like this many crops give a speed grow buff or a better quality on harvest to all of that kind of crop, forageable items can appear in better qualities or in greater numbers, gems can be used to make them appear in twos, without gemologist, or fours, with gemologist, for a period of time. It can go on and on and on with how many ideas I have. Something that could be useful is a light spell, which acts like a temporary glow ring, and the 30s of the mines would no longer suck! God that would be such an amazing thing.
I like the wizard, he's a nice fellow and I feel like CA did him a little dirty. If a 1.6 update for SDV comes out the one major thing I would love to see is the wizard get a bit of an improvement YK? I think that would be really nice.

Last edited:

Confused

Rancher
The wizard's gift list consists of solar essence, void essence, purple mushroom, and super cucumber... He also likes wine-

I wish the wizard had more depth in the vanilla game too, I like his snarky dialogue of telling you to get lost.

Apples

Farmhand
The wizard IS a giftable NPC... he's just very particular.

It IS a pity he doesn't have a few more events, though. I'd like to see more of his implied friendship with Linus, for one.
edit: changed giftable npc to a bit more depth in vanilla gameplay.
Im stupid.
I used the wiki to see if he was useful outside of going CC route and it turns out not much.
Ive interacted with the wizard before and even maxed out his hearts at one point and was greatly underwhelmed.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Im stupid.
I used the wiki to see if he was useful outside of going CC route and it turns out not much.
Ive interacted with the wizard before and even maxed out his hearts at one point and was greatly underwhelmed.
I mean most npcs do very little to nothing in any aspect of the game.

nicodeux

Farmer
One of my farmers went into the Wizard tower a few minutes ago, just to say hello as she was nearby in Cindersap Forest. The place and the character have so much potential!
I fully agree that the Wizard is fairly underused, at least as a character. I would love to know more of his backstory, have more events with him... though I have to admit that the Wizard having very few apparitions during the 'story' contributes greatly to his mystery side and feeling.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Im stupid.
Well, there's all the buildings on offer, too, but yeah, something like a window or a follow up to his "looking for an apprentice", an event featuring the clown, an interaction or two with Marlon -- lots of things he could do, some still mysterious. I also feel oddly like the whole "infused with the spirit of the forest" thing could be filled out more still.

I also kind of want to see a bit more of the witch; she's never home when you go ...

Apples

Farmhand
Well, there's all the buildings on offer, too, but yeah, something like a window or a follow up to his "looking for an apprentice", an event featuring the clown, an interaction or two with Marlon -- lots of things he could do, some still mysterious. I also feel oddly like the whole "infused with the spirit of the forest" thing could be filled out more still.

I also kind of want to see a bit more of the witch; she's never home when you go ...
in the wiki it says this
The Wizard mentions being married for years until he "made a mistake that drove her (his wife) away". The mistake is not specified, but it was enough to turn her "green" out of anger and envy, presumably explaining how she became a witch. Many believe that this "mistake" is having an affair with another villager but this is not confirmed.
The turning green with envy and anger part could also refer to Caroline because she has green hair, not just the witch, so the wizard messed up. He lost his wife because he had an affair with Caroline and Caroline left him out of anger for being with the witch. Now the witch is running around cursing things left and right and Caroline is in a bit of a pickle with a daughter that isn't even her and Pierre's.
That's my theory at least.
And maybe the reason the witch is never home is because of that reason and its also possible that the shine in her hut are weapons she wants to use to get back at Rasmodious for his affair.