Winter outfits indoors!?

Ben65314

Greenhorn
Hi, I love the new winter outfits. I was just thinking it was a bit weird to see all of them indoors. Am I the only one who wants them to relax when having a beer at Gus and not be in a rush to leave? Or sleeping with their head covers?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hi, I love the new winter outfits. I was just thinking it was a bit weird to see all of them indoors. Am I the only one who wants them to relax when having a beer at Gus and not be in a rush to leave? Or sleeping with their head covers?
Half of them walk in and out and idk about you but I prefer to keep my heating low in the winter if I’m wearing warmer clothes anyway. Could be nice if they just shrugged a scarf or big jacket off though.

ArtifactSpot

I think they should bundle up for at least the last half of fall too. It’s sad they only get so little time to show them off, though it does make the full season of winter a bit more special.

^ What FilthyGorilla said. Plus, I think it would be too much work to design and program for how briefly the sprites would be used.
I dont think it would be much work as there are no maps with indoor AND outdoor-parts.
So the outfit could simply be changed in winter just for outdoor-maps.

But because 1.6 is mainly a upgrade for better modding possibilities (all others are extras) I think this will come with all the updated outfit mods.... :-)

Unlimitera

Newcomer
Totally get what you're saying about the winter outfits indoors debate. It's all about finding that balance between realism and practicality in game design, right? Speaking of outfits, have you ever thought about how you could incorporate elements of practicality into hiking outfits women? It's all about adapting to different environments, just like in the game!

Last edited:

noobsqoou

Sodbuster
Half of them walk in and out and idk about you but I prefer to keep my heating low in the winter if I’m wearing warmer clothes anyway. Could be nice if they just shrugged a scarf or big jacket off though.
Yeah, I can’t stand walking into a place in the dead of winter and having to take off multiple layers so I don’t cook myself. If any more than the top coat has to come off, it’s too warm.

Villagers change clothes at the resort, so it's not unheard of, but it would not make sense anywhere except their houses where they can walk to a dresser to change. And of course Linus should not change at home, unless you put a heater in there.