Why won't my kid go to bed?

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
So I come back in the house at 1:50 am, only to find my husband snoring away in bed and my kid, wide awake and standing in the middle of my kitchen. This is my first in-game child and I was wondering if this is normal behavior for these kids? She went to bed just fine when she was a baby. Of course, my real-life kids have a disturbing tendency to get up in the middle of the night when all I want them to do is sleep, too, so maybe this is in-game realism. :smile:

1646192533131.png

MissDandy

Farmer
Sometimes this happens to me with my two kiddos, but it's usually on festival days. It doesn't look like a festival day for you, but what were you doing right before you came home?

And yes. None of my own in real life, but I use to scare the heck out of my mom when I was a kid and sneak up on her at 2:00am. So it's actually pretty realistic :laugh:

Anyone else notice this bug/glitch, or is it one?

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
Sometimes this happens to me with my two kiddos, but it's usually on festival days. It doesn't look like a festival day for you, but what were you doing right before you came home?
My kid has been grown up for all of two days so far, and hasn't gone to bed yet. As far as I can tell, she's gone 48+ hours without sleep. :gasp:
I've just been doing normal stuff on the farm (harvesting stuff, making kegs, cutting grass, etc.) nothing crazy. No festivals or anything like that.

MissDandy

Farmer
It's definitely not supposed to happen. I found a page here from a year ago with some other people experiencing the same issue. Maybe you want to take a look and see if they know what's going on.

It also depends what platform you're on. PC, from what I gather, is having the issue with it, although I play on Switch and have seen it before too. Strange.

Lew Zealand

Helper
While the parents are out gallivanting around, dodging and weaving around swishing Haunted Skulls, frantically slicing and dicing Flying Serpents into filleted rows of cold cuts, and plundering decaying, plaque-infested Dragon's Teeth, their latchkey children are left to their own devices, raiding the Fridge for Pink Cakes, Pepper Poppers, and Red Plates. Never the Bean Hotpot, though. Hmmm... 🤔

But when they find out you've been Lazing about on the Beach, riding the rollercoaster Minecarts around, playing video games at the Saloon, and, and— giving Gifts to other children...

That's when they guzzle down the Chocolate Cake, Magic Rock Candy, Triple Espresso and Spicy Eel.

They're gonna be up for weeks!

MissDandy

Farmer
And all because of your frivolous lifestyle... would regular coffee have sufficed? No. You had to get greedy and go for the triple espresso, all for that extra three minutes of speed.

On top of it, you're out 15 whole coffee beans. And the kids, what do they say? Certainly not thank you.

It is at this moment that you realize what life you admitted yourself into and the only way out is one prismatic shard.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Every festival night I find my kids hanging out around the house while my spouse is snoozing away in bed. The funniest was when I found one of them hanging out near the bed where my spouse was sleeping. "Shouldn't you be in bed by now?" I always ask.

imnvs

Local Legend
Every festival night my kids are up. I do not see this glitch otherwise.

As far as things go, though, this is basically a cosmetic issue wherein us wanting our children to be in bed causes us to think, "Heyyyyyyyyy... shouldn't you be in bed?" It doesn't break anything for us, prevent us players from accomplishing things... so I think it's a low-priority thing to be fixed.

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
And all because of your frivolous lifestyle... would regular coffee have sufficed? No. You had to get greedy and go for the triple espresso, all for that extra three minutes of speed.

On top of it, you're out 15 whole coffee beans. And the kids, what do they say? Certainly not thank you.

It is at this moment that you realize what life you admitted yourself into and the only way out is one prismatic shard.
Maybe I drank too much coffee while pregnant with this kid then. :laugh: It's been several weeks in-game and the kid has never been in bed. Ever. :flushed: I know it isn't a MAJOR bug and it doesn't change anything in game (especially since the kid doesn't do anything anyway) but it bugs me a little. Darn you kid! I have TWO perfectly good beds... pick one and get yourself in it! :)

MissDandy

Farmer
Maybe I drank too much coffee while pregnant with this kid then. :laugh: It's been several weeks in-game and the kid has never been in bed. Ever. :flushed: I know it isn't a MAJOR bug and it doesn't change anything in game (especially since the kid doesn't do anything anyway) but it bugs me a little. Darn you kid! I have TWO perfectly good beds... pick one and get yourself in it! :)
These kids really do be challenging authority at this point🤣

Are they too GOOD for their beds?? Kids these days, ungrateful little buggers.

imnvs

Local Legend
I rearranged the kid's room and moved the bed and suddenly it is good enough for her now. Guess she didn't like the arrangement before... lol.
Ah, yes, it is quite possible that you were blocking the bed. That's the strange thing about beds in this game: you can't have a nightstand right next to the bed like you do in real life... because it blocks access?

Last edited:

Sigrah

Farmer
Just stop giving your children Joja Cola at dinner every night, it’s loaded with 10x the amount of caffeine found in triple shot espresso, and you won’t have to worry about their skin potentially turning blue like Clint’s did that one time.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Just stop giving your children Joja Cola at dinner every night, it’s loaded with 10x the amount of caffeine found in triple shot espresso, and you won’t have to worry about their skin potentially turning blue like Clint’s did that one time.
Yet for some reason it gives none of the speed boost