Why are those 2 arcade games, so inhumanely hard?

kuhtopf

Farmhand
In my endless hubris I accepted the
„get 50,000 points in endless mode in Junimo Kart“- Qi quest
and oh my gosh. I gave up after trying for about an hour and never making it above 45k. The combination of randomized layout and no checkpoints is rough!

stardew_luv

Planter
Hey, hey! I resemble that remark! I earned that trophy semi-fair, semi-square! I'm a man, though I do look like the Terminator...all be it an out-of-work, out-of-shape Terminator...
Wow! 🤩 That’s way cool! No you’re not a bot, just most people aren’t as cool as you so I was trying to make the rest of us feel better, not hurt you. That is really an accomplishment you’ve earned. Any tips for us mere mortals? 🤪

Bawby

Planter
Wow! 🤩 That’s way cool! No you’re not a bot, just most people aren’t as cool as you so I was trying to make the rest of us feel better, not hurt you. That is really an accomplishment you’ve earned. Any tips for us mere mortals? 🤪
Aw shucks! No making me blush. I made a vow to remain humble, no matter how awesome, cool, and studly I may be!

Nah, seriously, I happen to like those games with a little experience in games like Smash T.V. and Total Carnage. There are videos with far better tips I could ever give from people far better than me.
Besides, I find it far more impressive that folks are able to knuckle-down and have multi-million dollar sales.
They say keyboard is better, for diagonal firing. Most reddit posts with tips, say that controllers are far worse.
I really don't see how. Maybe it's just because I lack the skills with keyboard and mouse. I can't imagine not pointing a right stick in a direction to shoot in that direction...

Bawby

Planter
I. hate. that. whale. so. much.

And Lewis definitely cheated.
Noooo! So close!
And, you know..."Lewis definitely cheated" makes sense. Mr. Qi obviously doesn't care for the farmer blitzing down the floors in the Skull Caverns with staircases and he REALLY doesn't like for one to take a sneak peek at a certain place before meeting the requirements to do so. Maybe that's why he's willing to pay to knock Lewis's score down from 1st!

Bawby

Planter
I love JotPK!

I will easily waste hours playing it. Even before Fector's challenge became a thing i was trying to do that anyways. I have gotten so very close a couple of times, but have yet to do it.
Mummies always back me into a corner with an imp to finish the job ruining my honest Fector's Challenge run.
You ever beat the 2nd adventure? I've never been able to do that.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Mummies always back me into a corner with an imp to finish the job ruining my honest Fector's Challenge run.
You ever beat the 2nd adventure? I've never been able to do that.
I got close to beating the 2nd round but it is seriously tough. For the mummies, what I do is I grind bullets as much as I can before the mummy level, ignoring everything else. Once you get the, i think 3rd bullet upgrade the mummies will go down pretty easy. And yeah I think it's usually imps or Fector that ruin my run.

HaleyRocks

Planter
I went through (almost literal) hell, but i managed to beat the Prairy King and without losing a single life. Problem is, i have the GOG version, so unfortunately no achievement will be displayed :'( there are not in-game ones, for beating the arcade!

I followed one redditor's advice, who says to buy Ammo Upgrades first, but not all of them just 2 times. Then, 1 upgrade for firing faster and if you have leftover coins, 1 boots.

The good thing is you can restart your day, so if one stage doesn't yield abundant coins, or you are careless and lose a life, or you don't find the powerup(s) you want, then you can return anew, as if nothing happened! I did many "resets" of this type, so i could gather lots of coins... Was lucky enough to find a Sheriff Badge from imps/mummies in 3d world and Fector was defeated in a matter of seconds.

I was foolish enough to try Hard mode, but i obviously got my a__ handed to me. Imps at any stage, surely is no joke! I cannot see myself playing this !@#$ game any further, despite now having the cabinet inside my house.

By the way, is there any chance that Junimo will "save-state", much like Prairy King does? We badly need that feature, probably in one of the upcoming mini-patches or something; this is simply the worst (mini)game i've ever touched, throughout my gamer's life!

Draconifors

Planter
By the way, is there any chance that Junimo will "save-state", much like Prairy King does?
I don't think so. Can't find any mention of such a thing, only threads where it is suggested or requested.

But, if I can beat Junimo Kart then so can you. It may take hours and hours and hours, but if you persevere you will eventually succeed. Of course, take a break whenever it gets too frustrating, whether it be after five minutes or five hours.
One tip for the last level I picked up in a video is to always have your eye on the next platform you will land on, rather than where you currently are. That really helped me.

Congrats on beating JotPK. I still haven't touched it, but absolutely will take advantage of the save states once I start tackling it.

HaleyRocks

Planter
I don't think so. Can't find any mention of such a thing, only threads where it is suggested or requested.

But, if I can beat Junimo Kart then so can you. It may take hours and hours and hours, but if you persevere you will eventually succeed. Of course, take a break whenever it gets too frustrating, whether it be after five minutes or five hours.
One tip for the last level I picked up in a video is to always have your eye on the next platform you will land on, rather than where you currently are. That really helped me.

Congrats on beating JotPK. I still haven't touched it, but absolutely will take advantage of the save states once I start tackling it.
For Junimo, do you use Keyboard or Controller? I know all about its mechanism (3 different jumps, different pressure applied to button), but i cannot seem to manage pulling off the type of jump i want, at the situation the game presents in front of me.

Also, the randomness is !@#$. When i manage the jump, at a very difficult area too, a boulder from nowhere comes from the sky out of the blue, crushing down hard upon my head. Or the other levels having different terrain, which sets you off from what you already got used to.

I always spend all my lives, just to pass the very first stage only and even that, only ~ 1/10 attempts i manage...

Draconifors

Planter
For Junimo, do you use Keyboard or Controller?
Keyboard. Mastering the different types of jumps takes time. I haven't mastered them yet.

Boulders and barriers are the worst part of the minigame due to their RNG. Barriers at the very end of a platform where you need to jump have caused me far too many deaths.
Sometimes the waterfalls in Crumble Cavern prevent you from seeing something vital until it's too late. In general, the first level is way harder than the second.

The worst level, by far, is Glowshroom Grotto, but a lucky run gets Red Hot Rollercoaster instead.
Ironically, the only time I ever got a perfect level (all coins and fruit, zero deaths; it said 'Perfect' in rainbow text when the level ended) was with Glowshroom Grotto. But I still hate that level. :mushroom:

I have 910 hours in the game and have done literally everything possible (on console, 1.5) except beat these two games. (And get work boots… but that’s even tougher to get). I’ve wasted too many hours of my life trying to play junimo cart and failing at the very last level… I’ll do it someday… eventually.