Whom do you consider, the best candidate?

DragonGwen

Farmer
I recently did a nice ten heart trigger file where Jack (my farmer) dated all the girls. I ended up picking Abigail, who is a great one but I really enjoyed Penny and it actually hurt to see her just sit there not reacting to the fact that I went out with all the other girls. I would suggest Penny but the choice is up to you

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have married 4 of the 6 available ladies and am planning on the 5th in my current playthrough. My observations:

Penny: IMO best to pursue because her events mean something. Lots of ways to choose an answer that's modestly or severely negative and all answer options seem relevant, meaningful. Also IMO her 10 :heart: event is very good. She has less interesting dialog as a spouse but keeps her job teaching the kids, which I like a lot.

Abigail: Lots of personality while wooing and her events are fun-focused. But have maybe less significance. I don't like the tone of her 10 :heart: event but as a spouse she has pretty good dialog and decent gifts. As she doesn't have a career, she's at the house a bit more. I kinda wish she'd take more of her old walks but maybe she is and I'm just missing her!

Maru: Ignoring Demetrius (highly recommended), I like her middle events as they are very familiar to me. I don't like her 10 :heart: event much. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time married to Maru in that save as it was MP and that person moved on from SDV. in the few weeks, she was more Penny-like so less interesting but also keeps her job which is great.

Haley: Yes, Haley. Best spouse. Heart events are good not great, but she has character growth and dialog seems to have more meaning. Her 10 :heart: event is good and you can screw it up if you're an idiot like me. I replayed the day to get it "right", what a loser. Her married dialog is top notch which is how she earns best spouse. Because half the time it makes no sense so I see it as she's a nut with a sense of humor, which is great.

The unknowns:

Emily: Spouse to be in the current save (at 11 eligibles with 10 :heart:, just freekin' hidey-boy Elliott at only 6 now). I like her nutty heart events and her 10 :heart: event is great, maybe better than Penny's thanks to my favorite interloper. No idea about how good a spouse she is but I can't wait to find out!

Leah: Heart events are really good for Leah making her maybe the best characterized of all the ladies. Not a big fan of her 10 :heart: event but it's pretty good. No data on spouse but that will happen in time...

Not commenting on the 14 :heart: events as I've only seen 3 of them but they are varied from "that's it??" to fun to great.

You asked about dislike and I do not dislike much though Penny's 2 :heart: event is disrespectful. As mentioned, Demetrius is a fool but Seb and Maru are still worth pursuing in spite of him.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly depends, Emily gives some amazing fit (and pretty good boots as well), I do love Shane’s mini coop though and the game room renovation at the saloon from Alex is also a really nice feature. Other candidates are just really nice, I’ve never married them but I’ve heard pretty great things about Elliot and Harvey.

and as always even though he’s a roommate krobus is so chill :)

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I myself like Haley's straightforwardness principle and honest to self, approach. She might seem a bit snobbyish at first, but that actually works like a "guy detterent" of sorts, or i think as a kind of test or something... Like, who is going to bother enough getting to know her better, if you accept her the way she is without compromises etc.

Her later scenes are quite cute, actually (the one playing with animals was also funny)! From her wording, i also think she grows affectionate, too!

I won't criticize other options, especially since they are popular (and i myself also used to like) such as Penny (confiding about an affair with somebody else midway yours), or Abigail (who is very interesting, yet a little bit creepy), or Leah (who still has her ex shadowing her and keeps talking about)... They are all nice options, despite the extra touch of real life "scent" in the air about them!

If i didn't choose Haley, i would go for either Emily (she looks like a saint -plus is Haley's sister-), or Maru. For my second run that i will play as a girl, i will pick Elliott. Sebastian turns out to be surprisingly nice at later scene, Shane isn't what he initially looks like, Harvey looks decent for being no-nonsense and the oldfashioned type, Sam and Alex i still haven't uncovered much about their later scenes.

Haley brings all of my favorite aspects together. From her looks and clothes color (i like blondes that wear pink and blue), to her character, all the way to her loved/liked gifts. Sunflower? Cute! Pink Cake? Cute! Coconut; I love the stuff myself! Hates mainstream precious gift option? My biggest tick in real life! It is very interesting that such a lighthearted game, which looks simple at first, manages to wrap up together so many... Surprises? Dunno what other word to use! Thank you ConcernedApe, for putting Haley in!

Last edited:
Abigail, 100%.

Coming from the Amphibia wiki myself, I always likened her to the character Marcy Wu and myself in numerous ways. A love of games and things dark, mystical, adventurous, and mysterious, being easily misunderstood by others. It actually feels like a natural connection.

I've never married any of the bachelorettes but if I were to, I would marry Emily or Penny. Haley is tempting too, because I hear she gives amazing gifts.

I adore Emily's personality and quirky honesty. Penny was practically born to be a wife and mother, I love how she is with the village children and I empathize with her familial instability. Haley comes off as a vain, stuck-up you-know-what, but she slowly becomes kinder and easier to be around after a bit, and I think her photography hobby (and the 8-heart scene) is cute as heck.

When I watched my husband do a playthrough (in the days before co-op existed) I urged him to marry Leah because she seems so down to earth and her woodworking is pretty cool, plus she's fairly easy to give loved gifts to in order to make her fall in love. I also think her little cabin is precious! I enjoy that her 10-heart scene is reminiscent of finishing the community center in that you get to choose violence if you're into that.

Abigail and Maru seem too young to pursue without feeling sort of icky, like the female equivalents of Sam and Alex in my opinion.

As for the men, I'm an Elliot stan and will always make him my Stardew husband when given the chance.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Penny was practically born to be a wife and mother, I love how she is with the village children and I empathize with her familial instability.
I know this is supposed to be about the positives of the singles club, but I feel it's relevant to to mention here that I dislike how penny over-dotes on the farmer to the extent where she starts to act like the farmers mother. It could be an extension of her childhood trauma, or her "taking her work home with her", but girl, seriously, don't redecorate my room without asking first. Rude.

I know this is supposed to be about the positives of the singles club, but I feel it's relevant to to mention here that I dislike how penny over-dotes on the farmer to the extent where she starts to act like the farmers mother. It could be an extension of her childhood trauma, or her "taking her work home with her", but girl, seriously, don't redecorate my room without asking first. Rude.
I wholeheartedly agree with that aspect of Penny as well and it would drive me totally crazy in real life. It is definitely her major flaw and it could probably be attributed to her relationship with Pam where she feels the need to be the ultimate provider out of fear of loss, but there's nothing that'll send me running faster than a partner who's trying to parent me, especially after it's been discussed--we're both adults, calm down, Penny!

ArtifactSpot

I vote Penny. I am a straight female so can’t imagine girls in a romantic way, but she’s a lot like me IRL and could easily be best friends with her and have her as a roommate like Krobus. She’s also excellent with children if you are planning on a family. If you aren’t I’d avoid her as she really wants kids. I would love to take our children to her to watch for a sizable income while Harvey and I are out of the house at our respective jobs. Plus there are no schools in town and she can teach them while tutoring Jas and Vincent.

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
I haven’t married her in any files yet (still playing my first one from 5 years ago lol) but I like Maru, she’s really sweet in my personal opinion. Once I get the nuggets to start a new file or divorce my dearly beloved Elliott (which I will not) I’ll marry her for fun hehe.

I vote Penny. I am a straight female so can’t imagine girls in a romantic way, but she’s a lot like me IRL and could easily be best friends with her and have her as a roommate like Krobus. She’s also excellent with children if you are planning on a family. If you aren’t I’d avoid her as she really wants kids. I would love to take our children to her to watch for a sizable income while Harvey and I are out of the house at our respective jobs. Plus there are no schools in town and she can teach them while tutoring Jas and Vincent.
The way I marry the girls is I made a guy save!

But they have the same stats as the space boots?
Yes, from a strictly gameplay perspective, the only advantage to choosing any particular candidate, would be if you complete Emily's 14 heart event before you can get the space boots.

The other gameplay relevant feature of marriage is the stardrop, which is required for completion.

Of course there are many reasons to choose any candidate you like, their spouse room, dialog, heart events, loved gifts and given gifts, etc.