which is better?

Which do you plannt?

• Total voters

Alysha

Farmhand
Personally, I am an ancient fruit person. I like that fact that it keeps producing after each harvest because I am so lazy. I always try to go for starfruit, but then I end up creating a monopoly off of ancient fruit wine, and it makes a decent amount of money.

Both are good, but I feel like you get better long term returns from ancient fruit, since it keeps producing from one seed.

Also, I'm partially colorblind and while I know the star fruit is yellow, it tends to look odd to me. I once harvested a stack of what I thought were silver quality starfruit until I harvested an actual silver one and realized the others were gold, lol. I can see the ancient fruit's color and happen to like it. It makes especially pretty wines & jellies now that they're color matched to the fruit. ^_^

I agree but red or green colored juices or wines look wierd to me because i am red green colorblind and i usualy use starblue valley recolor to make everything look better concerned ape needs to ad colorblind filtering options.

Yvi

Sodbuster
I plant both but I tend to depend more on ancient fruit. Starfruit is more of an occasional thing.

I plant both but I tend to depend more on ancient fruit. Starfruit is more of an occasional thing.
I always want to use starfruit but im lazy and i always think what if i harvest on a best luck day then i cant do a full day of prisy hunting

PrimalPete

Farmhand
During off seasons I'll load my greenhouse with plenty of starfruit seeds in surplus. And eventually turn it into wine. And I'll try to make room for any rare seeds too.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
For cash starfruit is better if grown in 8 or 9 days (7 or 8 if accounting for overlap between harvests).

Ancient fruit also takes a while to setup but doesn’t require replanting, you also don’t need that many harvests of crops for perfection though. It’s largely up to personal preference, often I’ll just stick with starfruit but on a longer save I may make a transition.