which farm?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lol! well I have 2 farms on the go.

The 4 corners farm I have put cows on for the milk. My intention was to have sheep too on that one.

My Forest Farm just has 2 chickens on at the minute but I had fenced off all the lakes as there's 4 and its perfect for a duck enclosure! I'd be open to have rabbits on here for wool as I have another small area off to the side. I was also thinking maybe goats if they have them for milk..instead of cows.

Are things like Llhama's or Alpaca's available in this game? I thought they'd be good for wool instead of sheep on one farm. But I don't know if they are an option? only have chickens showing in FF game when visit Marnie's shop and cows showing in Kenny's Farm game.
No Llamas or Alpacas but I'd be the first to buy one, I love them! There is another Coop animal that must be found out on the Map somewhere but it definitely isn't a soft, fuzzy wool-producer. Still very lovable, though!

but if you've got chickens in the co-op and then upgrade it do you have chickens and rabbits in the same coop then? I was thinking they'd need a seperate house?
All Coop animals can live in the same Coop (up to 12) and same for Barn animals. There's also another Barn animal that must be found out on the Map and some people here even build super-cool racetracks for them!

...in the vain hope that they'll be converted to mounts in v1.6. v1.7...... v5.8. Soon!

Tinks

Planter
Ducks don't go in the barn. Ducks go in the upgraded coop.
Damn...I've got a coop but its not in my duck enclosure!..didn't want the chickens to fall in the lake and drown!! :grin:

still it be cheaper to get another coop to stick in there and leave empty until I get the money to upgrade it?? .. I'm sure when I looked at them in Robin's shop it was the upgraded BARN at 10,000 that had the incubator and unlocked ducks!!! ..I'm gonna have to back and check that later...need to go walk RL doggy before it gets dark now (in the real outside world!)

Ereo

Helper
Damn...I've got a coop but its not in my duck enclosure!..didn't want the chickens to fall in the lake and drown!! :grin:

still it be cheaper to get another coop to stick in there and leave empty until I get the money to upgrade it?? .. I'm sure when I looked at them in Robin's shop it was the upgraded BARN at 10,000 that had the incubator and unlocked ducks!!! ..I'm gonna have to back and check that later...need to go walk RL doggy before it gets dark now (in the real outside world!)
You can move buildings. Just go to the carpenter shop, open the farm buildings menu and there is a move button next to the build button. You can move all buildings from the same screen, there is no need to select the same building first.

The coop changes color with the upgrades, maybe that's why you took it to be the barn.

Also, animals can't fall into the water. Your chickens are safe near the lake.

Hazy

Farmhand
I also agree that rabbits are definitely better since they give both wool and rabbit's feet.

However, simply because sheep are cute, I keep them on my standard farm file since I have plenty of space and resources. I wanted to have some of every animals, including goats which I don't consider that great of profit either, but I guess it depends on your own personal playstyle and if you want to go wild with barns and coops like I do or go for a smaller number. Obviously more barns is more chores and it's not necessary to have that many animals. I just think they are cute and I like having a bunch of them on my farms. XD

Tinks

Planter
I also agree that rabbits are definitely better since they give both wool and rabbit's feet.

However, simply because sheep are cute, I keep them on my standard farm file since I have plenty of space and resources. I wanted to have some of every animals, including goats which I don't consider that great of profit either, but I guess it depends on your own personal playstyle and if you want to go wild with barns and coops like I do or go for a smaller number. Obviously more barns is more chores and it's not necessary to have that many animals. I just think they are cute and I like having a bunch of them on my farms. XD
can't you get milk from the goats if you have them instead of cows?

imnvs

Local Legend
You can get goat's milk which makes goat's cheese... at half the rate. Cows are good for producing cheese you can use in cooking. Goat cheese, since goats only provide milk every other day, is more expensive and is for selling.

...and you can have both in the same barn.

Lew Zealand

Helper
And the big plus for Cows vs. Goats is that both cheeses restore the same high Energy and Health but Cows produce Milk twice as often, so you can stock up on Gold Cheese for Mine/Cavern/Dungeon runs faster with Cows.

Tinks

Planter
Thats ok I have 2 cows on the 4 corners farm and was hoping to do mayo and cheese when I learn that. Deciding whether to get another 2 cows in the basic barn and get a kitchen there first..cos doing well with getting Penny's hearts upi in that game and Kenny wants to marry her. ..which is the main aim of that game.

Forest Farm is going to be mainly ducks cos of the 4 ponds on it, but also going to try growing the tea for that farm. I got a load of good fruit from the cave too which I haven't been asked about on the other game yet whether I wan mushrooms or fruit in there.

imnvs

Local Legend
You're asked about the cave after you've made a certain amount of money, so that'll come soon enough.