Where can I get a LOT OF mixed seeds and clay?

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Artifact spots and other soil digging is insufficient.
Crobus sells only 10 seeds per week. Weeds cutting requires a lot of time and produce very few seeds.

goboking

Rancher
There’s a new location in 1.5 that spawns clay nodes. For seeds, clearing out the sewer or growing fiber with Linus’ crafting recipe might be your best bet.

How bad do you want them. Methods I can recommend but might not be cost effective.
1. Bombing soil tiles in the mine. Low yields but maybe around 30 a day. 90+tends to have bushes as well.
2. Ponds with crayfish, snails and periwinkle. They generate them randomly
3. And crappiest of all but fastest hops+seed maker. Make a few seed makers and a hops field the bad drop is mixed seeds. Sell what you don't need
4. Best is the fiber seeds but I have a feeling is maybe what you need the seeds for!

There’s a new location in 1.5 that spawns clay nodes. For seeds, clearing out the sewer or growing fiber with Linus’ crafting recipe might be your best bet.
And what he said is right for the clay. Your best bet is blast mining that breaks the node and tills the ground in a single action

I don't like rng manips but if the formula (#_days_played) + (unique_game_ID) / 2 + (X_tileLocation of object) + (Y_tileLocation of object) × 77 + (timeOfDay) is used blade may have a formula for predicting when these drops would occur though it probably would be unusable do to the time of day interger

hexnessie

Farmer
Artifact spots and other soil digging is insufficient.
Crobus sells only 10 seeds per week. Weeds cutting requires a lot of time and produce very few seeds.
Mixed seeds - craft 20 seed makers and keep using wheat on them. Among the wheat seeds you are going to get a steady chance at mixed seeds.
Also pop in to level 81 in the mines from time to time - it's full of weeds, and it's a small area that is easy to cut down.

Elenna101

Farmer
Yeah, going in and out of 81 repeatedly can get you fiber pretty fast, as well as some mixed seeds.

Also, yes, if you're on PC and you're okay with RNG manipulation, @BlaDe has a predictor app at this link which lets you see where you can get clay from hoeing the ground. Since the location of clay is dependent on the total number of times you've tilled the ground, it changes every time you hoe, which means you can keep hoeing the right places and get clay every time.

Even without the predictor, you can learn patterns that let you keep finding clay every time, after you've found one piece of clay. Piano_Addict, on Twitch, has some highlighted videos that show clay patterns.

Sigrah

Farmer
How bad do you want them. Methods I can recommend but might not be cost effective.
1. Bombing soil tiles in the mine. Low yields but maybe around 30 a day. 90+tends to have bushes as well.
2. Ponds with crayfish, snails and periwinkle. They generate them randomly
3. And crappiest of all but fastest hops+seed maker. Make a few seed makers and a hops field the bad drop is mixed seeds. Sell what you don't need
4. Best is the fiber seeds but I have a feeling is maybe what you need the seeds for!
Don’t forget the mutant bug lair if it’s unlocked. You can go hack some weeds there about once a week.

As for clay, you can also dig for it in most places there are dirt / sand. Outside Robin’s house and the train station / bath house are 2 good places, and I’ve noticed that you’re more likely to get clay as you gain levels in the farming skill. You can also try the desert and beach as well.

Anyways, I don’t know what you want the mixed seeds for, but I hope you can find some.

Elenna101

Farmer
As for clay, you can also dig for it in most places there are dirt / sand. Outside Robin’s house and the train station / bath house are 2 good places, and I’ve noticed that you’re more likely to get clay as you gain levels in the farming skill. You can also try the desert and beach as well.
I don't believe the chance of clay has anything to do with farming skill. You might be feeling like you get more because levelling up farming decreases the energy it takes to swing the hoe, so you can hoe more tiles (and therefore get more clay) before running out of energy? But it doesn't affect the chance per tile at all.

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Thanks to all.
I thought there's some other way to get them quickly.

I don’t know what you want the mixed seeds for
It's simple.
I do not want to till and water large areas each season and clear them from debris.
So I want to plant fiber in the end of the season and cut it before planting new crops on the new season start. (Fiber grows all the year round and does not die on season change.)
And I need a lot of seeds and clay to produce fiber seeds.

Sigrah

Farmer
It's simple.
I do not want to till and water large areas each season and clear them from debris.
So I want to plant fiber in the end of the season and cut it before planting new crops on the new season start. (Fiber grows all the year round and does not die on season change.)
And I need a lot of seeds and clay to produce fiber seeds.
Why don’t you just buy the cheapest seeds of the season and plant them on the last day of that season? Or plant forage seeds (spring, summer, fall, winter seeds) on the last day of the season? That’s what I like to do, especially winter seeds on the 27th or 28th since I farm them all winter long and end up with enough winter foragables for 2,500 to 3,000 seeds, and I only need 1,000 of them (900 to sacrifice to keep my land watered and tilled, 100 for the first day of next winter since I like to speed grow a batch before going all out in week 2). Yes, the seeds will wilt and die on day 1 of the next season, but the land will remain tilled, and will also be watered already if you have sprinklers covering those areas. All you have to do is clear them with the scythe, and then you can plant your new crops without having to worry about tilling and watering them.

Of course, that means losing some cash, but that’s easily made up elsewhere like mining and fishing since you don’t have to devote the time to hunting for clay and mixed seeds. And in summer, you can plant wheat seeds on the 25th (or 26th if those plots have deluxe speed grow on them) in any plots that are open, and they’ll be ready for harvest on Day 1 of Fall with the ground still tilled and watered.

Anyways, good luck on achieving your goals, how ever you decide to do it 🙃

I over winter my fields with the fiber seeds to avoid debris generating. I hate when a missed piece of wood causes my floor tiles and sprinklers to be eaten over night. That's the biggest annoying thing in the game

*Debris has caused damage to your farm.