1.6 Update When will 1.6 be out on Switch and other consoles?

lylaklamby

Greenhorn
i have searched it up many times he has confermed he will have it put on swich ansd i saw a video that he said he MIGHT relese it after hes done devoleping the choclete huantater or update

chaskuchar

Planter
i would like to be on the testing team for xbox. i was on a testing team for farming simulator 15 a few years ago. it weas interesting finding the bugs.

PepperSergy

Greenhorn
No updates from CA since May 14 on Twitter, can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to update the software on switch with my fingers crossed 😅
Feel exactly the same, just hoping I don't miss any day without playing again. One month ago i got married and the morning before and after i both checked it had updated (photographer also took some pictures of me fishing after getting suited up) 🫰 hope it updates soon

Hello, first post! Been playing this game for the better part of a year now, and I've been itching for the 1.6 update on my switch. I've asked Reddit, searched discussion forums and there is literally no info on when the update will be available. Does anybody here know?

Odin

Staff member
I have a hunch mobile is up in the air as whether it will make their game stores enough money. Big corps are like that. 🙄
Just to make sure everyone knows, the update is free on all platforms, making money is not a part of bringing the update to other platforms, nor is any big corporation (not sure what you mean by this part) part of bringing Stardew 1.6 to mobile. I can also tell you that the mobile update is currently being worked on.

Odin

Staff member
I just wanted to mention that the 1.6 update for consoles is still in the works and as soon as we have any additional information from ConcernedApe we will share that here!

Also, due to a mix up where several threads were unintentionally merged, this thread had to be re-created. If any messages that were a part of the thread are no longer here, please let me know!

LRangerR

Local Legend
I’m waiting for mobile so believe me I understand. Mobile will likely be well into 2025 at this rate.

ETA: CA said it’s out of his hands as a different crew works on console and yet another for mobile. Who knows. I have a hunch mobile is up in the air as whether it will make their game stores enough money. Big corps are like that. 🙄
Yeah I seriously don't know where you're coming with this

Odin

Staff member
Yeah I seriously don't know where you're coming with this
Thinking about it more, it's possible they are referring to the fact that Apple and Google have to approve updates to apps on their mobile platforms, similar to the process for consoles. This step can delay updates if the companies decide anything needs to be adjusted. During one update I believe it was NIntendo that required the item ID name exploit to be patched before they would approve it.

Slypenslyde

Tiller
I hope ConcernedApe is OK. There was a long time between the last updates and the updates don't seem very happy. I want to play 1.6, but I don't want them to hurt themselves to get it to me. :(