What's Your Ring Combination?

Bawby

Planter
I'm mainly looking for ideas because I've never really been happy with any set-up. Example, I currently have the Iridium Band and Burglar Ring. It works well, but I feel so open to attack, so I want the Crabshell and Slime Charmer. But then I feel so weak and puny, so I want attack and critical strikes up! Then there are the Java and Napalm. Speed and explosions, YEAH!
So what do you use? What combinations do you have (or forge late-game)?
(Keep in mind that I don't have 1.6 yet, but I welcome those ideas too because I'll have 1.6 one day!)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Nothing 1.6 here I think.

I have only used the Forge in my current game and even then I got to the Rings late. I'm using Iridium + Slime Charmer and Iridium + Lucky. I can get more Crits and Damage with Sword Enchants and I wanted something from the Rings I can't get from Weapons or Boots. That said I just got the Napalm today for the first time so I've only heard about it and never experienced using it. I'm having no problems with the Dangerous Mines or Skull Cavern so this combo seems to work out for my playstyle.

Which is...

80%: Monsters! Stairs! Byeee!
19%: Shiny things, Owch my knees stupid monsters!, Cheez, Bomb(s)!!, Cheez, Grab spoils, Stairs, Byeeeee!
1%: Hm, there are possibilities here, I should investigate with a careful eye to detail. I shall wave my shiny Sword at that Bat a bit and collect Wings for a third Butterfly Hutch. I wonder if I have room in my inventory for that Spicy Eel? These Large Rocks will make for a good Big Stone Chest I need. Perhaps there will be additional spoils on the following Level.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
1.6 seems as if it made Skull Cavern and Volcano harder, but mines easier... In 1.5 i used to run:

1) iridium band + napalm ring
2) burglar ring + luck ring

With 3 rubies on Galaxy sword and brute profession, i was a powerhouse. Here, i am waiting to unlock trinkets first, though. I do not dare go exploring.

Quirinea

Farmer
I'm pretty early and at the moment I have glowstone, burglar, magnet, crabshell and immunity (lucky encounter in Skull cavern). In SC I put crabshell + immunity, regular mines (mining iron from levels 40-70 glowstone + burglar, and outside glowstone + magnet).
I usually combine crabshell + immunity and then iridium bands with burglar and napalm. And always forget to switch.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
1.6 seems as if it made Skull Cavern and Volcano harder, but mines easier... In 1.5 i used to run:

1) iridium band + napalm ring
2) burglar ring + luck ring

With 3 rubies on Galaxy sword and brute profession, i was a powerhouse. Here, i am waiting to unlock trinkets first, though. I do not dare go exploring.
Yes same. My infinity blade is less powerful (or the monsters are MOREpowerful) than 1.5. Yes the arrow trinket helps some but I’m eating a lot more too. Others aren’t having this problem but some are so don’t know. Mine might be I’m learning how to fight without auto fight like on mobile. So maybe mine will be a long learning curve. My CBJ cheat mod is helping more than anything. I often die without it whereas with autofight on mobile I didn’t need the cheat. Who knows. My hands don’t movie fast on controller mice but tap and point works. lol.

Yvi

Sodbuster
I've been doing iridium-slime charmer combo and iridium-burglar combo for regular mines and skull cavern, swapping the burglar out for iridium-crabshell combo in the volcano dungeon (some of those monsters can pack a punch!). However, I've recently gotten my first luck ring in nearly 800 hours of game play, so I've been experimenting with that, especially when I'm staircase-ing down a bunch of levels in skull cavern.

Early game

Glowstone Ring
Burglar's Ring

Before forge

Iridium
Burglar's Ring

After forge

Iridium Band + Lucky Ring
Burglar's Ring + Slime Charmer

Re other rings mentioned ITT, the Crabshell Ring doesn't do enough to justify taking up a slot, and the Napalm Ring is kinda pointless when I'm using Explosive Ammo anyway and I only kill enemies if absolutely necessary, because stopping mining to fight monsters is just wasted time IMO

VampireCake

Rancher
Usual combat setup:
forged ring 1: immunity band + slime charmer
forged ring 2: iridium band + burglar's ring.
(side note: immunity band + mermaid's boots = debuff-proofing.)

A couple of swap-outs for ring 1 for the mines:
hot java ring + slime charmer (Dangerous mines + monster musk on levels 1-10 is my favourite way of coffee farming)
Napalm ring + slime charmer (Just for fun, bring explosive ammo)

In my current playthrough, I never got any magnet ring! The magnet ring is essential for salmonberry and blackberry days! I made a glowstone ring as soon as I could.
Other than two small glow rings, I didn't come across any other rings. I actually bought a ruby ring, just to have some kind of something.
I love the iridium band and the luck ring.

Yvi

Sodbuster
Pre-forge and pre-burglar, I try to do whatever will give me light and magnetism, as running around in the dark is annoying and magnetism saves so much time. Burglar ring is one of my favorite items in the game though so I try to unlock that ASAP.

Bawby

Planter
Pre-forge and pre-burglar, I try to do whatever will give me light and magnetism, as running around in the dark is annoying and magnetism saves so much time. Burglar ring is one of my favorite items in the game though so I try to unlock that ASAP.
I just recently became a believer in the Burglar's Ring. I was always skeptical of it until a void bat flying in on my farm absolutely erupted with loot. It's like I was playing Diablo again!

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Napalm, iridium band
Burglars ring, iridium band

Then I scour volcano chest for a Java ring. It’s a great source of free coffee when I’m running low.

I also make a slime charmer ring if I get a slime hutch.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I usually go way overboard with rings and have 10+ combinations I mix and match but the rings I always seem to use in some combination are:
Iridium band - for obvious reasons, the magnetism is especially important
Burglar ring - midgame king of rings, isn't as good as people make it out to be 90% of the time but boy does it feel amazing getting so much stuff from every monster
Napalm - it's not amazing but it doesn't have to be, it's plain fun
Savage - you may be able to see that I just enjoy whacking stuff and seeing something happen, it's the simple things

Maher

Sodbuster
Post Forge, Slime Charmer/Magnet combo on one hand and Vampire Glow ring on the other. I used to love the Napalm ring, but it's weaker than a cherry bomb and doesn't kill mummies reliably.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I usually go way overboard with rings and have 10+ combinations I mix and match but the rings I always seem to use in some combination are:
Iridium band - for obvious reasons, the magnetism is especially important
Burglar ring - midgame king of rings, isn't as good as people make it out to be 90% of the time but boy does it feel amazing getting so much stuff from every monster
Napalm - it's not amazing but it doesn't have to be, it's plain fun
Savage - you may be able to see that I just enjoy whacking stuff and seeing something happen, it's the simple things
Thanks for this breakdown, I don't know if I have a Burglar Ring around anywhere but one of my current focuses with gameplay is finding the different fun/surprise things (like Fish Ponds that give a variety of different items) and this Ring seems a perfect fit.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks for this breakdown, I don't know if I have a Burglar Ring around anywhere but one of my current focuses with gameplay is finding the different fun/surprise things (like Fish Ponds that give a variety of different items) and this Ring seems a perfect fit.
It's very good for us 'ooh shiny' folks who just want as much stuff as possible to hoard and never use

zMerry

Farmhand
I use phoenix & burglar and slime charmer & luck at the moment, but I'm going to forge a soul sapper/vampire combo to slip on and off in the mines.