what's your favorite thing to do in sdv?

izanagi

Cowpoke
as the title says, i'm here to ask what some of your favorite things to do in stardew valley are. things like foraging, mining, completing quests, building relationships with villagers, fishing, etc. although those answers are great and very welcome, i'm looking for niche answers about little parts of the game that you really enjoy.

one of my personal favorites nowadays is going to the desert and playing the slots machine (its where i get all of my warp totems from)—i think i have around 500-600k qi coins at the moment.

looking forward to replies, be creative! :wchicken:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Slashing all the Weeds and Bugs in the Mutant Insect Lair.
Fishing in the Cindersap Pond for Midnight Carp.
Tailoring 4 dozen things just to find a single smashing outfit.
*Always* 100% of the time forgetting something important when hitting the Mines/Skull Cavern/Volcano Dungeon. Always
Fishing when I can't remember why I even got out of bed that day. Because it's indistinguishable from taking an afternoon nap.
Not getting out of bed that day.
Buying the Return Sceptre and realizing you have 100%ed the game. That other 100% Perfection thingy is for overachievers.
Slashing Tiger Slimes to little tiny ribbons. Because the game's loot tables are against me.
Blocking the Villagers' way to get them to walk fast.
Buying an Iridium Sprinkler from Krobie even though I can just craft a few dozen.
Restarting the day at 1:30am after being mangled beyond belief by 3 Flying Serpents, thus losing my one and only AutoPetter when I could just have used the magical lovey-dovey Return Sceptre of scheeeaaaaooooownnnn! At. Any. Time. But. Didn't.

that last one may have leaked over from another list...

I always look forward to playing the crane game when I have the chance to.
And changing my character’s clothes is fun. I like experimenting with styles.
I also now collect all the fishing treasure loot I get in 2 chests until I get work boots. It’s fun to see the collection grow.
And lastly, I like decorating little places like the spa or the hat mouse area.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I love Skull Cavern.

What, that's not creative enough for you? Fine.

I love...

...the 6:00am rush trying to get ready because of course I'm not ready.
...petting my lucky camel. Still haven't come up with a name for it yet, yes I'm a slacker!
...when the first floor is a spiral layout. Simply Lovely.
...when my Health runs real low, but I still save it. Just in time!
...those moments when I get my Gavel-spam just right and one-shot a monster. Take that!
...Iridium Nodes that generate close to each other, and when two of them drop Prismas. Yee-haw!
...Treasure Rooms where I get to practice my open-the-chest, open-my-inventory, shut-my-inventory technic to save time. It makes a difference, I promise!
...zoomin' around with my +2 Speed. Faster than a horse!
...wondering where all those snakes went (1.5.5 hasn't come to Switch yet, if you know what I mean! I doubt you will get the reference, TBH. It's not important though! :D).
...spamming bombs and having some of them go silent. Anyone know if this is a bug?
...me 8 months ago: pausing to add something to the Skull Cavern Thread.
...completely misjudging time, and leaving iridium on the floor 'cause I gotta
...PPNNEEUUGGHH! I'm outta here, see ya' Serpents! (at 1.58am)
...oh no, oooh no! This next one's gonna hurt:
...passing out on my porch. Of course; one second too late. Of course!

...better? ;D

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like to pet the Pepper Rexes even though they S'more me.
I just want to hug them and maybe help them with a bit of relocation to fresher air at the surface. On my Farm. Where's the Mod for this??

Yes, I also generally end up excessively toasted after attempted huggings. They're deceptively fast and have excellent cornering characteristics.

BeanKiryu

Greenhorn
as the title says, i'm here to ask what some of your favorite things to do in stardew valley are. things like foraging, mining, completing quests, building relationships with villagers, fishing, etc. although those answers are great and very welcome, i'm looking for niche answers about little parts of the game that you really enjoy.

one of my personal favorites nowadays is going to the desert and playing the slots machine (its where i get all of my warp totems from)—i think i have around 500-600k qi coins at the moment.

looking forward to replies, be creative! :wchicken:
Realize I have a thing for toxic loser men with depression *cough* I married shane and sebastian was my second option *cough*

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Realize I have a thing for toxic loser men with depression *cough* I married shane and sebastian was my second option *cough*
If you really had a thing for toxic men with depression you'd also be complaining you can't marry Clint... ;)

(My current farmer is married to Seb and Abby, so... the farm interior is a wee bit goth.)

Hmmm, favourite things in the game? Not my favourite, but of the "Saves your life at the start of the game but is kind of pointless once you get the money machine running" aspects of the game I STILL get happy when I track down good forage in all the back corners. (And yet I haven't run a forest farm.) I do get a bit of the same thrill grabbing all the gems and special drops from the mines, though, and they still have some worth, especially the lower skull cavern areas.

Also, there's something fun about petting all the beasties even though there isn't an animation *showing* petting.

Hill Myna

Farmer
you should tell me how to make truffle oil 👀
Have you seen the animal buildings at Robin's?

There are two types, Barns and Coops. The animals to fill them can be bought at Marnie's.

If you construct a Coop, only one type of animal will be available to purchase, and that is Chickens.

But because you've built a Coop, Robin will give you the option to upgrade it to a Big Coop. Now you can buy Ducks, and you also get to incubate eggs to hatch animals in your Big Coop.

The next (and final) tier is a Deluxe Coop. Along with being able to buy Bunnies from Marnie, you'll get an Autofeeding system, so you don't have to manually put the Hay in the feeder.

It's the same deal with Barns, first Cows will be available, then Goats (and animals will have a small chance of giving birth), and with a Deluxe Barn, you'll be able to buy Sheep and Pigs (and you'll get an Autofeeder).

Pigs will take 14 days to grow up, and then they will start hunting for Truffles. When they find one, it appears as a forageable that the player can pick up.

Once you've reached Farming Level 8, you'll unlock the Oil Maker recipe. This can be crafted with 50 Slime, 20 Hardwood, and 1 Gold Bar.

If you put in Sunflowers, Sunflower Seeds, or Corn in, after a while you'll get Oil, which can be used in Cooking. But if you give an Oil Maker a Truffle, well, then you'll get Truffle Oil.

Truffle Oil sells for 1,065G (1,491 with Artisan), so you can see why people like Pigs so much!

I hope this was a clear explanation, and welcome to the Forums BeanKiryu!