What's your approach on decorations?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I always refloor my barns n coops with the straw floor
Ehhh...

So um. When I say I'm not a creative designer, this is a perfect example. Making Straw Floors for the Barn and Coop is a great thing to do which adds immersion as well as visual appeal and well, yep.

Never occurred to me.

Oh wait I realize it now!

I just leave the door open to both with Autograbbers inside and maybe pet the whatevers that live there outside, if I'm in the area. You know, and have the time. I mean, if they're totally in the way and I actually have to interact just to pass through. Assuming I've unglued my butt from the Horse. And I haven't left my hands on the kitchen counter. Again.

Many caveats. Anyway by the time I have the extra resources for Farm decoration, I'm usually treating the Animals as decorations too, so I rarely head into the animal house-dorm thingys or whatever so really that doesn't need much decorating, does it?

But the Slime Hutch? Woooooooah Nelly that's where it's at!

DDhutch tiger.jpg

Lew Zealand

Helper
OMG love your posters. What mod is this?
Oh I wish it was a mod but it's just a quick photo editing job because at the time (and still to this day) I've never found the Tiger Hat (rare Tiger Slime drop) so I imagined a Slime Hutch Totally '80s Night Dance Party where all the visiting slimes were wearing Tiger Hats (instead of stripey spandex) and this special night was featuring Duran Duran.

When you have a weird imagination it's important to just roll with it.

Oh I wish it was a mod but it's just a quick photo editing job because at the time (and still to this day) I've never found the Tiger Hat (rare Tiger Slime drop) so I imagined a Slime Hutch Totally '80s Night Dance Party where all the visiting slimes were wearing Tiger Hats (instead of stripey spandex) and this special night was featuring Duran Duran.

I’m all for going with a weird imagination! Life’s less fun otherwise.

Glad you got your tiger hat fix - makes it better at a Duran Duran dance party :)))

Adaml_217

Farmhand
Same - plants everywhere :)

I've been noticing lately how many different plants you can actually buy. I always make sure I buy as many plants as I can when I visit Robin's shop.

I love each season when the seasonal plants change to something new.

Me too! Absoluely adore all the plants, specifically seasonal plants - I can never resist mass buying them every holiday, every playthrough haha.

ArtifactSpot

See you DO have a knack for decorating! I could never figure out how to do what you just did. Way cool 😍

I hope you get your tiger hats soon so those slimes can party all night! Btw: Can hats actually be put on slimes? Children and Urchins and horses, why not slimes?

I must just have the best luck in the volcano. I have lots of tiger hats, mermaid and dragon scale boots, dwarf and dragon tooth weapons, and more bats have gone in shipping or trash than I could possibly count. Maybe cause I spend so much time in there? It’s my favorite of the mines. I always get more gems and ore there than I ever do in Skull Cavern. Unless I use a hundred stair cases. But then I have hardly any time to mine after that. Volcano dungeon is the best. And keeping the shrine of challenge ON gives great drops too, it is my second favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Ehhh...

So um. When I say I'm not a creative designer, this is a perfect example. Making Straw Floors for the Barn and Coop is a great thing to do which adds immersion as well as visual appeal and well, yep.
I consider it giving the place a renovation. I got tired of looking at cracked floor boards and other things. Also I decorate with random hay bales n other things depending on my mood. Also, at 1 tile in width, the straw floor can be used for other things as well as it doesn't have any straw on it unless it's at least 2 or 3x wide. I forget which

Tellington

Cowpoke
I'm quite lazy so this is the first playthrough I really use all of my farm, and I feel like I have so much space! I don't want to have several coops/barns or too many crops because it means chores (I currently have two Junimo huts with corresponding crops and sprinklers). So I began decorating (also for the first time) with floors, paths, furniture... I have a museum shed and a little patio for tea near some fruit trees, for instance, and I decorated around the Gold Clock.
1710762960125.png1710763091362.png1710763049080.png

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
You guys should get catalogues but I should warn you... That are 30,000 dollars
Catalogues are nice, indeed! I have both furniture (from Robin) and wallpapers/floors one (from Pierre). The only sad thing, is that a large number of items, are not included there, not even post you unlocking them! Ex i would like a pair of crystal chairs maybe more, more beds listed etc.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Catalogues are nice, indeed! I have both furniture (from Robin) and wallpapers/floors one (from Pierre). The only sad thing, is that a large number of items, are not included there, not even post you unlocking them! Ex i would like a pair of crystal chairs maybe more, more beds listed etc.
If you aren't on mobile and can get another player on your game, that player can go to the museum and collect a duplicate of all museum rewards that you have earned thus far. So you CAN get more crystal chairs, though it's a little cumbersome.