what's something you do in game that is considered almost criminal by other players?

Current playthrough: Going the Joja Route

Okay... not THE most criminal, but I'm sure that still plenty of people consider this as "criminal" :laugh:

Furthermore, I intend to marry Sophia (Stardew Expanded) and Abigail later (using the Free Love mod). Now how's THAT for criminal behavior??? :evil::evil:

i'll start: i play with the hardware cursor!!

View attachment 23748
Nice SS, thatsmetttt! So what mods do you use that:

1) Change the day's name in the upper right corner to "Sex. 26"?
2) Alter the appearance of the items in your toolbar?

Rancher
:check: I dislike Krobus.

:check: I find friendship to be the easiest part of perfection (apart from maxing skills).
Speaking of, I rarely care about birthdays or loved gifts, and usually just go with universal likes and talking, and still manage to befriend everyone by year 3.

:check: I always reach level 100 in the Skull caverns using less than 10 staircases.

:check: The only thing I do with Lewis' purple shorts is hand them back to him discreetly.

:check: I farm crops on my main farm late-game and usually do not do anything coherent on the island farm.

:check: I absolutely love Robin's dumb puns and would join her in punning if it was possible :toothy:

That's what I can think of for now :slime:

Last edited:

stardew_luv

Planter
:check: I dislike Krobus.

:check: I find friendship to be the easiest part of perfection (apart from maxing skills).
Speaking of, I rarely care about birthdays or loved gifts, and usually just go with universal likes and talking, and still manage to befriend everyone by year 3.

:check: I always reach level 100 in the Skull caverns using less than 10 staircases.

:check: The only thing I do with Lewis' purple shorts is hand them back to him discreetly.

:check: I farm crops on my main farm late-game and usually do not do anything coherent on the island farm.

:check: I absolutely love Robin's dumb puns and would join her in punning if it was possible :toothy:

How can you dislike Krobus of all NPCs? We all have those we don’t like but if you don’t might sharing what is it about Krobus you don’t like? I could see Pierre, Morris, Lewis and a couple others but Krobus he’s a darling roommate. Heck he’s better than most of the other bachelors to romance (I’m a straight woman so can’t say about the girls.)

ETA: I didn’t mean to sound rude or reject your opinion I’m just really interested to see the unlikable side of Krobus. Maybe ive been missing something. I guess he dislikes dwarfs so that’s a bad point. I found plenty of unlikeable sides to the other bachelors, most have their good points but some have some really annoying sides too.

Last edited:

stardew_luv

Planter
I play with cheat mods. Yup. I do. Not cheat on my in game spouses or destroy marriages I’d never use those, I mean mods that give you infinite health, energy, easier money, fish way easier. I try not to ever cheat irl but in video games if I’m only playin on my own and not against others and I don’t say I did things I didn’t really do I don’t see the harm.

(Except getting thrown off a cliff by MR QI…that smarts a lot lol. BUT cause I have infinite health I can’t die so stuff it little blue space man. 😋)

That’s another thing. I would love to fight a final boss battle against Mr QI and kick his butt right off that cliff my own self. 😈

Lew Zealand

Helper
I plant Mixed Seeds on the Ginger Island farm because the last thing I want is a bigger Farm.
I make my Farm smaller in late game, did the numbers with the kid and my farm should be a total of 78 crop tiles and no larger.
My Farm has no Iridium Sprinklers.
I have never used the Workbench, it seems useless.
I have never used a Hopper, also useless.
I'm converting the Ginger Farmland into an Orchard.
I do Qi Quests to keep entertained but have nothing to spend my ~200 Qi Gems on after:
Horse Flute​
coupla Aquatic Sanctuaries​
Shipping Bin​
Recipes​
maybe Pierre's Stocklist?​

Last edited:

Rancher
@stardew_luv

It's fine, I know I'm in the minority here. As for your question, I don't really have an answer to be honest, there's just nothing that draws me to Krobus apart for the friendship requirement and void egg. I do not find his design interesting, I find his personality very boring and his whole struggles about not being able to leave the sewers do not resonate with me. I mean, if you were born as a nocturnal species who likes sewers, I'm not going to be mad or anything, it's who you are, but I like daylight and dislike sewers, so I'm not going to jump through all those hoops to replicate your preferences in my living space.

In reality, it's not even so much as I dislike Krobus, but really that I feel nothing towards him, one way or another. In my mind, he has as much significance as a random lamppost in the town square, which might be worse that outright hating him. I cannot quite put my finger on why that's so, but it is.

I'd roomate the Dwarf in a heartbeat though.

Bawby

Planter
@stardew_luv

It's fine, I know I'm in the minority here. As for your question, I don't really have an answer to be honest, there's just nothing that draws me to Krobus apart for the friendship requirement and void egg. I do not find his design interesting, I find his personality very boring and his whole struggles about not being able to leave the sewers do not resonate with me. I mean, if you were born as a nocturnal species who likes sewers, I'm not going to be mad or anything, it's who you are, but I like daylight and dislike sewers, so I'm not going to jump through all those hoops to replicate your preferences in my living space.

In reality, it's not even so much as I dislike Krobus, but really that I feel nothing towards him, one way or another. In my mind, he has as much significance as a random lamppost in the town square, which might be worse that outright hating him. I cannot quite put my finger on why that's so, but it is.

I'd roomate the Dwarf in a heartbeat though.
And I think that's fair.

I suppose my shameful secret is that I do not hate Morris. He's meant to be the major villain, but he's actually, what? At most middle-management to the huge (likely global) corporation?

I do not cheer for the guy maybe losing his job, probably demoted. And I don't cheer the fact he gets bopped one on the chin.

Njin

Planter
Buying statues of endless fortune seems to get a bad rep as it does take a long time of about 17.5 years for them to be profitable...I've spent over a billion on them I have my desert and 5 sheds full

Draconifors

Planter

I agree on these points.

Gifting and talking to NPCs is the easiest thing. Commonly liked gifts are literally laying on the ground for three out of four seasons, so it's super easy to get started with friendships.

I don't see any reason to not give the shorts back to Lewis. They're his property, after all, and I have no right to not return them when he even sends a letter asking me to find them for him. I wouldn't even have any use for them. I'm not ruining a festival.

I love puns, and tend to take every opportunity to make one (or more). The "you're on board" pun is hilarious every time she says it, and Lewis's reaction only makes it funnier. :laugh:

________

I don't really do any decorating on my farm until well into year 2 or even later.
I my current game, I haven't crafted a single preserves jar even though I'm in the middle of summer of year 2. I only have the one I got from the CC. Coal is better used in fish smokers (I love fishing) and furnaces, so I don't like to make jars.
Oh, and I never open a single geode before I get the geode crusher. I'm not paying 25 gold for a simple hammer strike...

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I plant Mixed Seeds on the Ginger Island farm because the last thing I want is a bigger Farm.
I make my Farm smaller in late game, did the numbers with the kid and my farm should be a total of 78 crop tiles and no larger.
My Farm has no Iridium Sprinklers.
I have never used the Workbench, it seems useless.
I have never used a Hopper, also useless.
I'm converting the Ginger Farmland into an Orchard.
I do Qi Quests to keep entertained but have nothing to spend my ~200 Qi Gems on after:
Horse Flute​
coupla Aquatic Sanctuaries​
Shipping Bin​
Recipes​
maybe Pierre's Stocklist?​
Ok, ok, you do you and all that, but - I cannot live without the workbench. Even if I only have one chest, I plonk a workbench next to it so I don't have to pick items out to craft things. Lew, I thought you LIKED being lazy! The workbench is the ULTIMATE lazy shortcut for crafting. You gotta try it out some time.

And as for me, I guess the most controversial thing I do is not keg a ton of fruit. I do some, but it's a side venture. I greatly prefer using deluxe fertilizer to get iridium quality ancient fruit and chuck it directly in the shipping bin.