What would your farmers likes and dislikes be?

Whether your farmer is based off of you or an original character, how would their likes and dislikes look with the in game items?

My farmer is based off of myself and it would probably look like
Love: Pancakes, Bat Wing, Tulip
Like: Bruschetta, Topaz, Ruby
Dislike: Banana, Common mushroom
Hate: Carp Surprise, Black licorice

Lew Zealand

Helper
Love: Return Sceptre, Sprinklers, rainy days, Junimo Huts, Bombs, the Insect Head, winning the Egg Hunt, winning the Grange, winning the Fishing contest, Deep Sea Fishing Tour, making Pam walk faster to the Bus, the smile on the Glacierfish and Mutant Carp, the soft fuzzy tops of Purple Mushrooms (must make blanket from this!!!)
Like: Coffee, Triple Shot Espresso, Spicy Eel, Horse, Obelisks, Warp Totems, Haley's Camera, Elliot's beach attire, Emily dancing. Also Coffee
Dislike: being Slimed, waiting for the mermaid to get her blasted singing over with, choosing between ruining the Luau soup and aceing it, Lewis' Shorts, Pierre's Festival shop selections (mostly), the Governor's empty platitudes, Sandy's inaccessibility, Mr. Qi's smugness, them #!$@ parrots
Hate: losing, waiting, collapsing, choosing, fighting, planning, working, starting, ending, that middle bit, inability to target erase my Stardew Valley experience so I could do it all over again for the first time! And again!

Something I find interesting are the characters with departures from the universals. Penny hates rabbit foot but loves poppy, and in 1.5 likes artifacts. Even before 1.5 dwarf liked dwarf-related artifacts. (I wish Abigail liked the bone flute, Shane could like the chicken statue, Maru the dwarf gadget, Jas the ancient doll.) Haley hates prismatic shard, Sam likes joja cola. Vincent loves snails.

My different playthroughs have had different farmers with their own personalities, but I always enjoy the gifts in the mail! Hay from Marnie, pepper poppers from Shane, wool from Emily. And coffee is the best spouse gift! And the poorest Winter Star gift is the single clay from a child! They don't even like clay either!

MissDandy

Farmer
Man I made a list once but I lost it (ofc). Guess I'll start again (My farmer is sorta based off myself I would say):

Love: Cranberries, Blueberry Tart, Ginger Ale, Tulip, Emerald, Honey
Like: Salmon, Green Tea, Jelly, Juice
Dislike: Beer, Green Algae, Rice, Coffee
Hate: Beet, Cave Carrot, Omelet, Mead, Shrimp, Sea Urchin

I'm pretty sure some of these fall into their universal categories, but I thought I'd list them anyways.

waiting for the mermaid to get her blasted singing over with,
Also, this.⬆

Hazy

Farmhand
My primary farmer is not really based on me, but she probably has influences based on what I do like:

Likes: Farming, exploring, gaming, cooking, art, frogs, cats, gems, sweets, coffee, and seafood

Dislikes: Thunderstorms, extreme cold, insects, liars, and arguing

~

Best Gifts: Chocolate cake, pink cake, cookies, sashimi, maki roll, crispy bass, salmon dinner, coffee

Good Gifts:
Gems, jelly, eggs, milk, cheese, wine, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, banana pudding, omelet

Bad Gifts: Seaweed, green algae, fiber, clay, strange bun, algae soup

Worst Gifts: Trash, red mushroom, wild horseradish

hexnessie

Farmer
I'm going by the gifts villagers and family send my farmer to the mailbox:

Love: Explosives (any), metal bars (:heart: U Clint), catfish, cooked items (esp. desserts and Pepper Poppers)
Like: Hay, cloth/wool, any fish (other than catfish with is loved), purple mushrooms
Meh: Wood, fiber, clay, common forage
Hate: Stone (gee, thanks, fictional dad - sending me 30 stone to my Hilltop Farm, when my brother got a Pink Cake from Mom at the same time!)

FairyRing

Farmer
My Farmer is me, just a lot more confident.

I :heart: for: Fairy Rose, strange bun, lucky lunch, void essence, coffee, amethyst, purple hair
I :heartrip: these: mayo, milks, cheese, eggs, beet, any fish, Joja mart and anything to do with, selling animals and watching them disappear in a poof of green!
I :thumbsup: :spicy eel, all flowers, gemstones, pale ale, cactus, bomb, mushrooms, animal lovers
I :thumbsdown:: honey, rock, wood, clay, Joja cola

Tinks

Planter
I haven't been playing long (less than a week!) so don't know what all the items available are but one of my farmers in based on me so

Loves chocolate, cookies, strawberries
Likes milk, potato, leeks, eggs, cheese, mayo
Dislike Horseradish, coffee, beer (though wish could make whisky and mix it with the jojo cola! :wink: )
Hate the slimy things that attack you in the mines!

This is kinda what I would love in game, kinda what I would love personally, it fits surprisingly well.

Love: Universal Loves other than Rabbit's Foot, Iridium Bar, Radioactive Bar, Lava Eel, Octopus, Pepper Poppers, Spicy Eel, Triple Shot Espresso, Ancient Fruit, Dino Egg, all Legendary Fish
Like: Iridium Ore, Jade, Ruby, Cheese, Hot Pepper, Radioactive Ore, Gold Bar, Iron Bar, Lobster Bisque, Seafoam Pudding, Tropical Curry, Fairy Rose, Ancient Fruit Seed, Leah's Statue, Iridium Sprinkler
Neutral: Everything not listed elsewhere
Dislike: All Furniture other than Leah's Statue, all Flowers other than the Fairy Rose, all Cooking not otherwise listed, all Seeds other than Ancient Fruit Seeds, All Alcohol (Beer, Wine, Pale Ale, Mead)
Hate: All trash, Sugar, all cooking which uses Sugar as an Ingredient

Rancher
Off the top of my head, without consulting the wiki (currently in a strict no-wiki run) and trying to keep it simple:

:laugh: - Universal loves, banana, strawberry, corn, cookies, ice cream, maki rolls, blue jazz, rainbow shell
:smile: - All fruit (unless otherwise stated), all fruit tree fruit (same), all geode minerals, all gems, all flowers, all eggs, all jelly, ginger ale, cauliflower, cow cheese, bread
:hmm: - All vegetables (unless otherwise stated), all cooked dishes (farmer's always up for free food, but a picky eater, so putting them all in neutral to balance), all artifacts, all metal bars, all seeds, all forageables, clam, coral, cloth
:frown: - all fish, all milk, all ore, all construction materials, goat cheese, mayo, pumpkin, amaranth, cherry, apricot, coconut
:cry: - all kegged goods, all coffee, all pickles, all mushrooms

Last edited: