What would a pirate playthough look like?

Farrow

Sodbuster
As the title indicates I'd to do one that's pirate themed, so please post your suggestions below and your ideas for this play through.

Sorry I haven't been very active, I've recently moved and got a new stable job and I've been working to adjust. But in an effort to fulfill my goals for 2023, I'd like to say arr more. And what better way then role-playing a pirate farmer in my favorite game startdew?
The only thing I am set for now, is marrying Emily for her pirate themed bedroom peices.

Lew Zealand

Helper
like this:

Pirates always wear sparkles.

...well, to formal events anyway.
_____

Edit: Spoilered v1.5 events for our eager mobile users awaiting the almost-here update

OK okok. Emily seems a good choice for a Pirate theme, with her taste for color and general knowledge of Tailoring.

Yeah parrot, whatever, go for the obvious why don't you...

Choose the Skull Shirt or Red Striped Shirt at character creation, either can be Tailored later on so you have both. There's also the dyeable Dark Striped Shirt you can Tailor from a Tigerseye later on (and Omni Shirt, just sayin'...). Probably dark brown pants to start?

Pirate Hat early on but grind for the Deluxe Pirate Hat so you can get the eyepatch and tufty frilly bit modeled above by our heroine. The Pirate's Sword is available in pretty early game though it's a relatively weak weapon with only a Speed Buff. The Pirate Double bed is available from The Furniture Catalog as you will be passing up Penny on this save. You cannot get Penny's other 2 Pirate options in any other way, though. In fact Penny is a good option for a Pirate theme. But but but Emily's Parrot.

Choices.

Leather Boots to start and are probably the best conceptually, but for sprite looks Cinderclown Shoes or Dragonscale Boots may be preferable in late game.

Also in late game you could choose to keep Birdie's Pirate Locket and display it on a Table in the Farmhouse. Your call for how strongly you want this theme.

I'd probably want to design the Farm like a giant Pirate Ship, so choosing the regular Farm layout for it's freedom of space is probably best. That might be the most fun part of the whole exercise, laying out and executing the Ship design in SDV Planner. I'd try somehow to have a gangplank leading to the center bottom lake but it's pretty big and may cut into the design.

Hmmm, for the playthrough there clearly would be a lot of Fishing, maybe using that as your primary source of g, though that will obviously be restrictive in midgame when Farming and Processing are high-g options. Mead (from Honey), Beer (from Wheat), and Winemaking (straight Grapes, maybe Crystal Fruit for the desperate Winter Pirate?) are consistent with Pirates and should mitigate that somewhat. You can't even process anything like Rum or similar from Sugar, so probably Kegging (sugar) Beets to make Beet Wine lol, Juice would be the closest in-game analog?

Last edited:

Farrow

Sodbuster
like this:

Pirates always wear sparkles.

...well, to formal events anyway.
_____

Edit: Spoilered v1.5 events for our eager mobile users awaiting the almost-here update

OK okok. Emily seems a good choice for a Pirate theme, with her taste for color and general knowledge of Tailoring.

Yeah parrot, whatever, go for the obvious why don't you...

Choose the Skull Shirt or Red Striped Shirt at character creation, either can be Tailored later on so you have both. There's also the dyeable Dark Striped Shirt you can Tailor from a Tigerseye later on (and Omni Shirt, just sayin'...). Probably dark brown pants to start?

Pirate Hat early on but grind for the Deluxe Pirate Hat so you can get the eyepatch and tufty frilly bit modeled above by our heroine. The Pirate's Sword is available in pretty early game though it's a relatively weak weapon with only a Speed Buff. The Pirate Double bed is available from The Furniture Catalog as you will be passing up Penny on this save. You cannot get Penny's other 2 Pirate options in any other way, though. In fact Penny is a good option for a Pirate theme. But but but Emily's Parrot.

Choices.

Leather Boots to start and are probably the best conceptually, but for sprite looks Cinderclown Shoes or Dragonscale Boots may be preferable in late game.

Also in late game you could choose to keep Birdie's Pirate Locket and display it on a Table in the Farmhouse. Your call for how strongly you want this theme.

I'd probably want to design the Farm like a giant Pirate Ship, so choosing the regular Farm layout for it's freedom of space is probably best. That might be the most fun part of the whole exercise, laying out and executing the Ship design in SDV Planner. I'd try somehow to have a gangplank leading to the center bottom lake but it's pretty big and may cut into the design.

Hmmm, for the playthrough there clearly would be a lot of Fishing, maybe using that as your primary source of g, though that will obviously be restrictive in midgame when Farming and Processing are high-g options. Mead (from Honey), Beer (from Wheat), and Winemaking (straight Grapes, maybe Crystal Fruit for the desperate Winter Pirate?) are consistent with Pirates and should mitigate that somewhat. You can't even process anything like Rum or similar from Sugar, so probably Kegging (sugar) Beets to make Beet Wine lol, Juice would be the closest in-game analog?
Don't forget, stealing from people's trash. And yes that's that's good point I forgot Emily is the parrot, I'll marry Penny first, steal her pirate decorations then divorce her, make her forget me while I marry Emily. And yes I'll be modeling my farm to seem like a giant pirate ship

Confused

Rancher
Stealing. Steal people's trash, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.
Be besties with Willy, and talk fondly with him about your salty sea adventures.
Be mischievous, every pirate should partake in a small amount of mischief.
Make sure your farm is the beach farm, a pirate should always be near their true home, the sea.

VampireCake

Rancher
Obviously, taking the fishing 'pirate' perk at level 10 I think would be a must. :laugh:

For a more long-term, fun type of goal, how about collecting Treasure Chests? (https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Treasure_Chest) And/or some of the other treasure-like items - Pearls, Golden Mask, Golden Relic, the tiara hat, the gold Lewis statue etc. You can also keep the Ornate Necklace mentioned in secret note #25.

How about a 'hidden' shed as a vault for loot? Tuck it in a corner, put trees/decorations around it or another building in front.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I know that people looking for how to do a playthrough like this are looking vanilla, but I was amused that this is the first truly piratical thing I've seen pop up in mods (The only other ones I saw was a pirate/sea creature visual mod for Willy and Elliott):