what should i do in my farm?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Plant a Forest
Design a Racetrack
Spam Grass Starter everywhere for a Meadow
Grow some Kaiju
Repaint your buildings to match the X-Men
Section off small parts of your Farm (no straight lines!) and use the Catalogues to theme each part
Get a Slime Hutch and figure out how to make a White Slime
Enlarge and theme Penny's reading area (Catalogues again)
Get a Mushroom Seed, grow a giant Mushroom and Tap it
Make a pixel art design in the SW and theme it with buildings

Yvi

Sodbuster
Grow a forest or two, and lots of grass for the animals to munch. I also love slime hutches - they are objectively not a lucrative use of space, but they are a very fun use of space! Put a bench to sit and enjoy your really pretty fish pond setup (seriously it looks so nice!) Decorate around Grandpa's shrine. Plant some fruit trees, or tea saplings. Make a pretty pathway from the top portion to the south exit. Options are endless!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’d expand your animal areas a bit more, you have so much space you may as well not cram them all along an edge.

Unless you have an off farm tapper farm it’s smart to have a chunk allocated to trees, especially if you plan on making kegs and or beehouses

Try out some junimo huts and crop fields for them, maybe just an expansion for your crops in general if you don’t yet have access to the huts

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
1 Plant grass near your animals. LOTS of grass! Also, if you plan to have full population in those 2 coops and 2 barns, you need 4 more silos.

2 Your machinery, would better be indoors, such as inside a shed? The machinery specific to animal products, can be inside the coop or barn.

3 I absolutely recommend, more, many more, Fish Ponds! When you start catching the good stuff, such as: Sturgeon, Super Cucumber, Rainbow Trout, Spookfish, Blobfish, Ice Pip, Lava Eel, Octopus, Stingray

You have to build a secondary economy around them and their products! I assure you that is very profitable and they yield quite the number of bonus items, too! If you like fishing and cooking, i would also add a squid or midnight squid, a flounder and a midnight carp, for the Seafoam Pudding! That is very useful for difficult fishing expeditions, quite profitable to sell and in the new version? Flounder and Midnight Carp, have a chance to produce the new Jelly items (useful for further buffs, or crafting).

Other than rarity and profit though, you can benefit in the early late-game, from blue discus ponds, as well. (produce bananas and golden coconuts, occasionally)

4 Since you have the Standard Farm with the huge map, i highly recommend you build wild trees orchards for tapping, complete with the occasional mushroom log. This combo, can be something like a "factory", a "goldmine", for the new farming methods.

5 Slime Hutch. THE, vanity addition! For style and niche profit (sell expensive eggs you find after building it).

Grow some Kaiju
What is a Kaiju? ... Ok, ok, I see it's some Manga related thing, but how do you grow it? 🤔

How do you make a White Slime? 😯

Now that's a splendid idea! 👏

i like the farm looking full
I see - and grass doesn't fill it for you? Well, everything depends on your preferences.
Do you put emphasis on aesthetics? Plant lots of trees, place your buildings accordingly, paint them, decorate as much as you can from catalogues, crafting recipes, finds. And listen to Lew Zealand!
Do you rather stress profits? Build as many of the best income sources as you can. These are (depending on your professions to a certain degree): Slime Hutch, Fish Ponds, Dino Mayo, Purple Star Wine from your cellar, Ancient Fruit, Truffle Oil ... And listen to HaleyRocks!

Lew Zealand

Helper
What is a Kaiju? ... Ok, ok, I see it's some Manga related thing, but how do you grow it? 🤔
I name my dinosaurs after Toho's Kaiju: Godzilla/Gojira, Mothra/Mosura, Rodan, Hedorah, etc. I used to watch them with my mom on a local TV channel when home on school vacations.

How do you make a White Slime? 😯
I did it accidentally! Breed a Tiger Slime with a regular colored Slime and the Tiger is color coded to White so you have a chance of getting out a White Baby Slime. It may be that you need to re-breed with a Tiger a couple more times to really get it to pure white.

Now that's a splendid idea! 👏
Thanks!, I was going to suggest planting Flowers as the pixel design but they die at every Season's end. I'm trying to come up with a way to do it with something better than Pathing which I've used in the past. I think Tea Saplings could be nice and while the Green is kinda monochrome on my Forest Farm (lotsa green already), it could work really well on the Standard Farm here.

I did it accidentally! Breed a Tiger Slime with a regular colored Slime and the Tiger is color coded to White so you have a chance of getting out a White Baby Slime. It may be that you need to re-breed with a Tiger a couple more times to really get it to pure white.
Oh thanks, I didn't know that.

and while the Green is kinda monochrome on my Forest Farm (lotsa green already), it could work really well on the Standard Farm here.
If he's got 1.6 already, there can also be blue mixed in with the green.
Ah, flowers! 👍 I always grow a big flower bed on my farm, I don't mind replanting them each season. Surrounded by a couple of bee hives, a nice rarecrow (for flowers I prefer the one with the wig and the hat from the Flower Dance) and the Big Bear Statue.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Plant a Forest
Design a Racetrack
Spam Grass Starter everywhere for a Meadow
Grow some Kaiju
Repaint your buildings to match the X-Men
Section off small parts of your Farm (no straight lines!) and use the Catalogues to theme each part
Enlarge and theme Penny's reading area (Catalogues again)
Get a Mushroom Seed, grow a giant Mushroom and Tap it
You have made a white slime? I had no idea that could happen. Mine all eventually look different shades of gray. lol!

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I name my dinosaurs after Toho's Kaiju: Godzilla/Gojira, Mothra/Mosura, Rodan, Hedorah, etc. I used to watch them with my mom on a local TV channel when home on school vacations.

Thanks!, I was going to suggest planting Flowers as the pixel design but they die at every Season's end. I'm trying to come up with a way to do it with something better than Pathing which I've used in the past. I think Tea Saplings could be nice and while the Green is kinda monochrome on my Forest Farm (lotsa green already), it could work really well on the Standard Farm here.
Oh here you explained it! I didn’t know tigers bred with anything but tigers. I always wanted blue or purple tigers but no matter how hard I tried it didn’t work. So I figured they all turned tiger. So was the white slime tiger striped or pure white?

Odyssey

Sodbuster
already got all the fish lol
i did most of the easy stuff in the game and now all thats left is either get perfection or decorate and i hate both activities
If you don't like decorating or perfection I recommend starting a new save (possibly with a challenge of some kind or aiming for a different play style than you've done before) so you can play parts of the game that you enjoy.

I have hundreds of hours in this game across lots of different saves and have never bothered to decorate my farm even once because its not something I'm interested in. The only decor I've ever placed anywhere is the museum rewards so they weren't taking up chest slots (until I realised I could just never claim them) and maybe some of the things you have to craft for perfection on the few farms when I've got that far. (Personally I'm happy to go for perfection but I usually get a new challenge idea before actually finishing it and switch to the shiny new idea instead of finishing the old one.)

Some challenges I've enjoyed are:

1. Completing the CC in two years whilst only being allowed to leave the farm once a season

2. Playing a year without selling (or trashing with upgraded trash can) anything except weapons. Most in-year money comes from quest rewards (and bone swords).

3. Can't sell anything at all: use an upgraded trash can to generate money.

4. No using starter tools (the ones you can upgrade plus scythe and bamboo rod and rusty sword). Bombs are your friend in this one.

5. Can only gain XP in one skill per day. Harvest a crop in the morning? Now you can't mine, fish, Forage or do combat until tomorrow. Once a skill reaches level 10 you can do actions that would have given XP for that skill on any day.

6. Fully complete one skill (0 to 10) before starting the next.

7. Only sell quality items (silver or above). I paired this one with extra requirements: no littering the Valley with machines/chests/tapper forests (1 chest per map, machines allowed out during the day but must be stored at night) and the farmer has to make their own fertilisers and get 6 hours in bed each night (if I made it to bed at 1am, I couldn't start the next day until 7am)

8. Self sufficient: don't buy resources or seeds (can buy upgrades and services). I allowed buying fishing rods but with 1.6 you can now get an upgraded rod without buying one. I used a mod to get almost any crop from mixed seeds but that isn't essential

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh here you explained it! I didn’t know tigers bred with anything but tigers. I always wanted blue or purple tigers but no matter how hard I tried it didn’t work. So I figured they all turned tiger. So was the white slime tiger striped or pure white?
It was pure white*, no stripes.

*or very light gray?
/not Lego Batman

Reactions: Yvi

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It was pure white*, no stripes.

*or very light gray?
/not Lego Batman
BrandiganBTW on youtube also has a short series where he explains how he bred white slimes on his farm. Read the pinned comments/description, as CA made some changes after this that makes the process easier now. I think this was before tiger slimes, so they may be a shortcut to getting light gray.

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
If you don't like decorating or perfection I recommend starting a new save (possibly with a challenge of some kind or aiming for a different play style than you've done before) so you can play parts of the game that you enjoy.

I have hundreds of hours in this game across lots of different saves and have never bothered to decorate my farm even once because its not something I'm interested in. The only decor I've ever placed anywhere is the museum rewards so they weren't taking up chest slots (until I realised I could just never claim them) and maybe some of the things you have to craft for perfection on the few farms when I've got that far. (Personally I'm happy to go for perfection but I usually get a new challenge idea before actually finishing it and switch to the shiny new idea instead of finishing the old one.)

Some challenges I've enjoyed are:

1. Completing the CC in two years whilst only being allowed to leave the farm once a season

2. Playing a year without selling (or trashing with upgraded trash can) anything except weapons. Most in-year money comes from quest rewards (and bone swords).

3. Can't sell anything at all: use an upgraded trash can to generate money.

4. No using starter tools (the ones you can upgrade plus scythe and bamboo rod and rusty sword). Bombs are your friend in this one.

5. Can only gain XP in one skill per day. Harvest a crop in the morning? Now you can't mine, fish, Forage or do combat until tomorrow. Once a skill reaches level 10 you can do actions that would have given XP for that skill on any day.

6. Fully complete one skill (0 to 10) before starting the next.

7. Only sell quality items (silver or above). I paired this one with extra requirements: no littering the Valley with machines/chests/tapper forests (1 chest per map, machines allowed out during the day but must be stored at night) and the farmer has to make their own fertilisers and get 6 hours in bed each night (if I made it to bed at 1am, I couldn't start the next day until 7am)

8. Self sufficient: don't buy resources or seeds (can buy upgrades and services). I allowed buying fishing rods but with 1.6 you can now get an upgraded rod without buying one. I used a mod to get almost any crop from mixed seeds but that isn't essential
thanks for the suggestions!! i will take a break from playing for some time tho, i think i cant have fun doing those things because im playing way too much.... maybe when i come back ill feel like doing it

i will take a break from playing for some time tho, i think i cant have fun doing those things because im playing way too much....
Wise decision. :thumbsup:

I know the feeling. Doing something too much sucks the fun out of it, in addition to that playing too much feels as if losing contact with the real (sensual) world - not a good feeling. Temporary abstinence can help in this case.