What is your favourite place for fishing?

nicodeux

Farmer
I know fishing is disliked by many people because it is significantly harder than other skills when beginning. One my first playthrough, long ago, I had so much difficulties catching anything that I though for a while that fishing was kind of broken on mobile. But once, I got the hang on it, I learned to apppreaciate it very much, up to the point that I have farmers that focuse on fishing (more about that in another thread, maybe).

Now, when I have free time during a day in the valley, it often happens that I spend it fishing. And my favourite spot is this one:

screenshot_SDV_melia_peche_plage.jpg

The beach, near Willy's shop. Especially at night and during winter. I find that the sound of the crashing waves, the quietness of winter when no one is around are so soothing and relaxing, and I like the diversity of fishes one can catch in the ocean.

The mountain lake is my second favourite place (for similar reasons). Fishing in the rivers happens less often. And for the other places: it is only because I have some specific fish to catch there...

What are your own favourite place for fishing and for which reason?

My favorite spots are on the pier to the far left on the beach, and the mountain lake just outside the entrance of the mines. My beach spot is due south of the teleport landing, and the mountain spot is just a few paces away from the mine cart. I have both spots set up with a recycling machine and mini shipping bin too!

20240114112120_1.jpg

20240114112700_1.jpg

VampireCake

Rancher
If it's spring, any of the 'gold spots', though I usually go for the lonely rock by the pier. I keep a chest in a safe spot on the beach to easily offload if my inventory gets full (and keep a stack of bait for my crab pots). Any other time of year, the pond in the secret woods, unless it's raining - rain adds catfish, which are annoying to land. Unless I'm after a particular fish for something, I'm usually looking for shiny things, so I like to keep the annoying fish to a minimum. It took me ages to get the hang of fishing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
As I've mentioned once or twice in the past, Farmer Bobbi likes to 'fish' herself to sleep under a shady tree in the afternoon as it's the next best thing to a snooze in the Spa, while being conveniently closer to home. However she does like to actually Fish pretty much everywhere in the valley but has a few favorite spots.

fish1.PNG

This is the #1 favorite spot at the River directly south of the Farm, quickly accessible especially on horseback so even a 11:00pm run is feasible and worth the trip.

fish2.PNG

Nearby is the E side of Cindersap Pond, also an evening favorite for Midnight Carp. Here we can see Bobbi's Cindersap outfit with Midnight Dog jacket to match the Carp and blue shorts to keep the knees cooled off in the stale air. Purple shoes accent the cool coloring.

fish3.PNG

Here is Bobbi's first favorite River Fishing spot, directly south of Jodi's house and very close to the Tree of Fishing Repose and General Afternoon Slumber. Bobbi has now switched to functional denim overalls over a cheery yellow long sleeve tee and leather boots. We mustn't look too appealing while we're dating 10 people and counting...

fish4.PNG

The warmth and humidity of the Beach Pier make for a great Fishing spot as the West pier is too remote. That ocean weather necessitates a red Bikini top and matching skirt in an attempt to keep cool, however bug spray is a must when acquiring your Vitamin D the natural way. Pro tip: a red swimsuit makes you look less burnt if you also forget the sunscreen.

fish5.PNG

The East pier below the tide pools offers a more welcome relaxed atmosphere and yes this outfit totally goes with fresh white 2" heel sneakers! Nobody wants to slip on a sea spray dampened dock.

fish6.PNG

But the SW corner of Mountain lake is also a big favorite after visiting Seb and Maru and Robin. Ok maybe Demetrius too if I have to. Bobbi likes the variety of mountain fish but the cooler weather requires hip waders over a stylish long sleeve purple pullover (matching the rod!) as she has been known to end up in an unplanned, overly dampened state whilst arguing with The Legend as to who is going to catch whom.

OK you got me, this was just a fashion show in disguise...

Last edited:

nicodeux

Farmer
One of my favorite spots to fish is right in front of Jodi's house.
I often use this one when fishing from the river. Very convenient to eaves drop on conversations between Sam and Sebastian! :laugh:

My favorite spots are on the pier to the far left on the beach, and the mountain lake just outside the entrance of the mines. My beach spot is due south of the teleport landing, and the mountain spot is just a few paces away from the mine cart. I have both spots set up with a recycling machine and mini shipping bin too!
I have a recycling machine and a worm bin near the place I set the crab pots, but I did not think of having a mini shipping bin or a recycling machine near the spots I fish the most. Only chests. Thanks for the idea.

Ginger Island, especially the Pirates Cove. I love Stingrays and keep them as pets 🥰
I also love Stingrays, especially in fish tanks. But Pirates Cove like other places with small water body are not spots I like to fish. Because it is difficult, if not almost impossible, to get high quality fishes there and because of the high amount of trash.

I personally like fishing up at the mountain lake with a couple furnaces and chests around me, incredibly relaxing tbh, one of my favourite ways to unwind
I see that you still keep efficiency at a minimal level while relaxing! :happy:

OK you got me, this was just a fashion show in disguise...
It possibly was, but it was worth the read and the laugh!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I often use this one when fishing from the river. Very convenient to eaves drop on conversations between Sam and Sebastian! :laugh:

I have a recycling machine and a worm bin near the place I set the crab pots, but I did not think of having a mini shipping bin or a recycling machine near the spots I fish the most. Only chests. Thanks for the idea.

I also love Stingrays, especially in fish tanks. But Pirates Cove like other places with small water body are not spots I like to fish. Because it is difficult, if not almost impossible, to get high quality fishes there and because of the high amount of trash.

I see that you still keep efficiency at a minimal level while relaxing! :happy:

It possibly was, but it was worth the read and the laugh!
Yeah I never realized it but I do 😭

I can’t escape it