What is your favorite profession? (Poll)

What's your favorite profession?

• Total voters

Rhiannon

Farmer
I enjoy it all for variety but I do love creating a fully functioning farm that runs well, makes money. I feel a sense of satisfaction when I get to the point where I'm making my own seeds, and have a good system down.

It's difficult to pick just one, because they are so interdependent if you're building a successful farm, so you have to enjoy and be good at all of them. But if I absolutely had to pick, I'd go with mining - doing deep dives into skull cavern is a hell of a lot of fun

Yeah I love fishing, I fish just for fun. I love farming other than watering crops, and I enjoy making friends and the cutscenes involved as well. I chose mining just because all things being equal, if I have nothing going on for a given day, that’s what I’ll most often do just for fun. But it’s close, and the only one which isn’t right up there is foraging, that one always feel like a chore to me that needs to be done to get to more fun activities (sorry Linus!)

I think you could also add in there cooking (wouldn’t win for me but it’s very close), artifact hunting (would win for my wife), and maybe redecorating?

benjellyman

Planter
Yeah I love fishing, I fish just for fun. I love farming other than watering crops, and I enjoy making friends and the cutscenes involved as well. I chose mining just because all things being equal, if I have nothing going on for a given day, that’s what I’ll most often do just for fun. But it’s close, and the only one which isn’t right up there is foraging, that one always feel like a chore to me that needs to be done to get to more fun activities (sorry Linus!)

I think you could also add in there cooking (wouldn’t win for me but it’s very close), artifact hunting (would win for my wife), and maybe redecorating?
I added artifact hunting and cooking, but idk about redecorating...

Lew Zealand

Helper
Making Friends.

Everything else is some kind of work, and even if it's enjoyable work, itsstillwork!

But making friends, that's where it's at. This game has a pretty good friend progression and the heart events are all pretty good and blend well to the situation in the Valley. Plus you get to sit under trees, relax (or something...) at the spa, pick fruit, take in a music show, look through a telescope, watch gridball. Loads of great options.

... mmm what?

No! The fact that all that takes no Energy in-game is merely a happy coincidence!

Totally unrelated.

I'm going now...

Luceat

Planter
It depends on what i'm going to do an that day. At the moment i'm collecting truffle after truffle .. and when it's done, i'm going to the mines for the radioactive ore-search :)

Rhiannon

Farmer
Lmao nobody likes artifact hunting
Amen to THAT! And the worst part is my last one was a rare disk. Took me 8+ game years to find it. Now that I have found it, I have found four more, two at the exact same time from a single artifact spot. I keep them in a chest and get annoyed every time I open the chest.

benjellyman

Planter
Amen to THAT! And the worst part is my last one was a rare disk. Took me 8+ game years to find it. Now that I have found it, I have found four more, two at the exact same time from a single artifact spot. I keep them in a chest and get annoyed every time I open the chest.
I know, but I figured there would actually be one salty weeb out there that would be like, "ay, where's artifact hunting?"

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah, but that (formerly) Rare Disc can be Tailored into something you will look smashing in, so don't pass up the opportunity to try that out! Tailor up some Honey, Sunflower or Fairy Rose, and dye that black or dark blue and you have quite an ensemble. And just for fun, tailor up an Ostrich Egg for the finishing touch. You won't be disappointed.

Call me the Garbage man. I redecorate krobus'd nook in the sewers and have many recycling machines. I run crab pots as well. Together we will clean up the valley. Also who the heck keeps bulling Harvey I mean how many eyeglasses does one man go through?

Tekalh

Tiller
Yep I have gotten the same ones over and over I have gotten that strange doll thing 4+ times and it's suppose to be one of the more rare ones!! We just need one artefact shop on ginger island in exchange for bananas or somin