What is your daily routine?

Boo1972

Farmer
On my main beach farm early morning is spent doing chores if my luck is bad and then rearranging things, decorating, maybe dinner and a movie. If luck is good I’m either searching for treasure rooms in Skull cavern (I want an auto petter or 3) or in the volcano dungeon searching for rare weapons and rings.

I have 2 new save files where I am trying out specific strategies to get my farm infrastructure up early. So those farms have pretty strict schedules for the first month or so. They are very different from my usual play style but I’m hoping to ultimately be able to spend more time doing my favorite things. Like treasure hunting or courting the townspeople.

imnvs

Local Legend
Pet animals and gather their produce.
Water crops (if necessary) and gather crop produce.

Even on a busy, advanced farm, I'm usually done with all this by 9am.

After that it depends on the day and what needs being done. On "wine day" on my beach farm, the most advanced farm I have, I then will take until about 6pm gathering and starting 5.5 sheds worth of wine. Other days I'm off to the mines about 12 am after taking care of assorted other chores.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wallow in bed wondering if it's going to rain. Look out the window and observe the third week straight of sun.

Get up, pet Cactuses, harvest them if they purr. Repeat for Coffee Plants.
Water them. Apparently Coffee and Cactus have similar watering needs. Who knew? 🤷‍♀️
Chat with Haley. Marvel the Haleyness, this is why you get married.
Check Cellar. Yup, still there.
Go outside to the Beach Farm.

Sooo many things to monitor but (mostly) can see them all:
Tapped Trees
Kegs n Jars
Ponds
Crystalariums
Oil Makers
Bait Jars (??? don't even Fish anymore)

Pop in the Greenhouse to defuse Ancient Fruit rebellion plots and convince Fruit Trees not to go along with it. You guys aren't that closely related.
Head SW to the farming patch to check the Rhubarb, nothing suspicious yet.
Let the animals out the Coop and Barn, pet them on occasion, pick up Truffles. Slowly convert Coop to Jurassic Park. Spare no expense.

Remember I have a Horse, back at the House. Flop on the ground under a Tree and wonder if it's all worth it.

Do some other junk: chat, Skull Cavern, Volcano Dungeon, consider burning to the ground the embarrassment of a Farm I'm constantly forgetting about on Ginger Island.

Y'know, typical stuff.

Squigglyruth

Planter
I understand the idea of a daily routine, but it isn't something I do. I guess I normally deal with the farm and then go somewhere else. But sometimes I reverse that. Or splice a bit of farm into the middle. Honestly, it depends on what my goals are for that day!

Flav

Farmhand
My general routine When I wake up I look at the crops and animals then I go to town. (if necessary) buy something and talk to the npc and browse my farm in Ginger island and return to the farm

Some days I spend my day just trying to find prismatic shards and other valuables in the mines.

Sometimes I just fish :D

Last edited:

Worblehat

Planter
Most days, I just harvest the mushroom cave and fish ponds (mostly out of habit), hit the island farm because I have a hops plant leftover there from finishing the polyculture achievement, stuff the hops in one of the two hops-kegs, then wonder if I should go back to bed. At this point it's usually 8-9am. 🙂 Other days, add harvesting ancient fruit (and fruit trees) and putting them in the wine-kegs, and/or harvesting the fairy rose honeys on the island, and/or harvesting the crystalariums. None of which takes very long, obviously.

Sometimes I'll just go to bed, other times I'll aimlessly ride around various maps for a bit and go to bed in mid-afternoon. Endgame for a Lazy Farmer is very lazy. 😴 If there's a festival, usually I'll go, but sometimes not.

My general daily decision making process goes like this:

What is the luck level today, and what is the weather? Anything special on the calendar?
Based on that, what do I feel like doing today?
Are there other time sensitive tasks I could be doing today, which potentially conflict with that plan?
If there are, if I take the time to perform those tasks, will it impact my ability to do the thing I feel like doing to the extent I feel like doing it?
Alternately, if I do not take the time to perform those tasks, will it make it more difficult or impossible to hit some kind of goal or delay my ability to do something else I want to do?
For the two questions above, if the answer to one or both is yes, which one do I care more about and thus what am I actually doing?

Based on all of that, I decide what my course of action is for the day. Might be delving in the skull cavern. Might be fishing. Might be chopping a bunch of wood or fighting a bunch of monsters. Might be socializing, or rearranging things on the farm, or gathering things together or preparing for something down the road. It may or may not include grabbing crops if they're ready, or turning over machines if they're done, or petting animals, etc. It's a chill save so I don't have a routine nor any hard timetables, something I have to constantly remind myself of constantly.

That's probably actually step 1 and the most important part of my routine, reminding myself I don't Have to do anything I don't want to, and things can take a month or a year longer than they otherwise would and it's perfectly fine.

Rhiannon

Farmer
My usual day looks something like this:

• Wake up and hug the family
  • Check the barn and coop for produce
  • Check the greenhouse to see if anything is ready and gather if it is
  • Take the cheese to the basement and check on kegs refilling any that are ready
  • Head to the south forty to check the Ostrich barn. Gather produce.
  • Check fish ponds
  • Check my mushroom tree area to see if they are getting close to where I am growing them to. Make note of any new seedlings that need fertilizer
  • Head back up running through the produce fields and grab anything my cute little guys have gathered for me
  • Put away any gathered produce
  • Check the wine and jelly sheds gathering anything ready
  • Dump anything ready into the shipping bins
By then it's usually 10-11am. Then it depends. Sundays I run to the desert to grab some stairs. Mondays I go to the island to see Mr. Qi for any new quests. I usually stop by the dig site and farm that I've barely started working on. Then I take the boat back to the mainland and check the special orders board. Depending on those quests I will either start working on them or find something else to do.

If it's the 15th of the month or after, I start working on making my seeds for the following season. I usually do this at the end of the day before it gets too late. I have a certain amount of main crop and secondary crop that I want to have enough of. The closer to the end of the month, the more time I spend doing this. I also check my super speed grow supply to make sure I'll have enough. That usually reminds me to hit the beaches more often to look for coral. I also have three coral ponds so I make sure on my morning runs I will pull some out if they are close to being full.

I also have a "to do" list of things I'm working on. So at the beginning of last month in RL, I had "decorate farm house" on that list. My farm house was about as boring as it could be. So I downloaded a bunch of awesome designs from some good folks here and started working on that in the in-game evenings. It now looks pretty nice and makes me happy to walk around it. Eventually I will decorate the island farm house but it's WAY down on the to do list.

Most of the above is subject to change. If I get a quest that requires me to hit the mine, I will skip checking on the animals for a couple of days so I can get there super early. When I was first trying to get through a certain area on the island, I stayed overnight at the island farm house a few times.

ISSsloth

Farmer
Currently my in-game routine is:

• Wake up
  • Grab food if I remember
  • Check TV and mail
  • Feed the chickens
  • Hop on my horse and go to the mines, picking up any edible forages along the way
  • Look for a mushroom floor all day or until I inevitably die because I forgot to bring food and restart the day.

Sharron

Greenhorn
omigosh you people are so organized! It's at least 2 pm by the time I'm finished with 'chores.' I have SUCH respect for real-life farmers! I'm figuring out an efficient schedule to do all 'farm work' in 1 day: ancient fruit regrowth is 1 week, wine making in kegs is also 1 week, and aging wine takes 8 weeks. So, take wine from kegs to cellar chest (to be casked in groups of 2 rows of casks), harvest ancient fruit from greenhouse, and keg it. Barn and coop critters are autofed and autograbbed, so just spend that 1 day artisen-ing. Mayo and cheese take 3 hrs, truffle oil takes 6, so several sessions that day might do it. (poor things don't get petted very much this way though) All tree tappers can be done then, not just those that are ready each day. Some things need to be done daily - crystalariums, statue of perfection. The pond produces daily too, but I may ditch that. Also getting rid of the crab pots - not worth recycling the trash every day. THEN I can mine or fish or decorate or make gold bars or visit the desert and the island and make friends and do interesting non-chores. Or am I just a grumpy farmer...