What is the most efficient way of farming hardwood?

Bubbub

Greenhorn
Thanks for all the help everyone, especially about the hidden hardwood stumps in the secret wood, as I was only getting the 4 stumps at the top, i'll make sure to make a tree farm for mahogany as soon as spring happens, as thats when the trees start growing again. And I'll make sure to use fertiliser as well- Ginger Island Ho!

Genericmommy

Greenhorn
Clear out the quarry of all stone. Plant the entire thing with mahogany (one space apart of course).
Clear out the railroad & plant there too, even to the left of the spa & behind the train platform.
(Check villager pathing: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/media...hing-Railroad.png/1016px-Pathing-Railroad.png)
Wait until they are full grown & then raze em all, then replant seeds.
Rinse & repeat or mix & match all the tree seeds for a continuous supply of regular & hardwood.
Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).png

LRangerR

Local Legend
I mean, you only need a debatably finite number of hardwood for the course of the game. There's not really a reason to turn it into a factory unless you intend on selling your excess.

Genericmommy

Greenhorn
It is pretty helpful to do that early on and have the supply to craft as you get recipes, especially for making loads of the casks, kegs, & pjars (bee houses?), etc. Also, for buildings and don't forget the sap. While the wood is not wort a ton, selling full stacks can be helpful early on for having cash on hand. It is easy to set up and requires little effort, especially if you have the tractor mod for fast clearing. Not something to keep up after you reach the point of having made all the things you want or need yea, but in the beginning I think is worth the small effort. Or setting aside a section of either area for tapped trees only that don't take up crop or building space on the farm.

Genericmommy

Greenhorn
Being new to the game, I actually don't know what is "vanilla" and what is not. This is just a tip I read about when I failed Robin's order and it helped me out a lot. And the next time the order came up, there was a bunch of fully grown hardwood to cut down and not gathering only a small handful for a whole week.

Genericmommy

Greenhorn
Vanilla is without mods.
Ty. To me, vanilla (or classic) is the original game without expansions or just the first few, even if you are using addons. (say like, WoW o EQ). So hearing it means something a little different here is helpful, now I get it.

SirTooti

Tiller
in 1.5 added in the game mahogany seeds, where u can get hardwood, also you can get it from the secret woods and from your farm if u have a forest farm

Xx_Aikra_xX

Tiller
So hardwood is the last thing I need to repair the ship, and I've been spending the winter going to the forest and chopping it, but so far I'm near the end of the month and I only have 44, I'm just asking if there's any quicker way as at the pace I'm going I'll be at year 5 before I finish this.
Grow mahogany. Mahogany will yield up to 12 hardwood on max luck days. Once you are done with the boat repair, you can continue to grow mahogany for hardwood to be converted to regular wood with a wood chipper. Each piece will yield 5-10 wood, meaning each mahogany tree can yield a maximum (96% chance) of 50-120 pieces of wood, making it far more efficient than growing any other kind of tree.