1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

I ended up going with salmon just because i had some laying around, and i got some roe from them so yay!
Remember, you can fish a salmon out with your fishing rod (it won't use up your bait or make you play the minigame) if you need a salmon for a request or to make Salmon Dinner for friendship points with Alex. ^_^

Got a fishing hat last night, but I don't know how. I was clearin
Clothes and some decorative furniture can now drop from trees, weeds, and monsters. It's kind of funny. My hedcanon is that Sam and Penny hide them in trees and weeds as a harmlesss prank (that's why Penny overreacts when Vincent mentions her and Sam climbing a tree -she thought she was about to be caught). The slimes accidentally pick th up sometimes when migrating between the mines and secret woods, which has added them into circulation among the monsters.

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
Remember, you can fish a salmon out with your fishing rod (it won't use up your bait or make you play the minigame) if you need a salmon for a request or to make Salmon Dinner for friendship points with Alex. ^_^

Clothes and some decorative furniture can now drop from trees, weeds, and monsters. It's kind of funny. My hedcanon is that Sam and Penny hide them in trees and weeds as a harmlesss prank (that's why Penny overreacts when Vincent mentions her and Sam climbing a tree -she thought she was about to be caught). The slimes accidentally pick th up sometimes when migrating between the mines and secret woods, which has added them into circulation among the monsters.
i divorced alex :P but i like him as a friend lol

VampireCake

Farmer
That's the only option to rebuild hearts? Yikes. Guess the villagers hold a grudge! 😄
As far as I know, yup. I don't think I can really blame them though, from their point of view you were happily married until you suddenly divorced them out of nowhere. They have to move back to their old residence and you keep the kids (if you have them). I'd probably be a bit miffed too. 😆

Actually I'm developing a plan to mitigate some of my guilt at having to do this to every potential partner... just to collect their portraits and some furniture. :sweat:

So far I'm including:
- partnering at the Flower Dance (for which I have a special outfit),
- changing the bedroom decor before they move in to something personally tailored,
- all gifts are loved items at iridium quality (if possible),
- daily gifts and kisses when married (I always do this anyway, it's cute :heart:)
- different wedding outfits, for which I am building a boutique to keep them in,
- only filing for divorce on the Green Rain day in summer so I can claim temporary madness.
- hearts must be re-maxed back up to 8 after divorce/mindwipe.

Also under consideration:
- at least one visit to a loved movie, favourite snack included. As the movies are on a two-year loop I'll have to plan all of these out ahead of time. I do actually want to see each movie anyway as a completionist goal so this might fit in there. And I still need one poster and one other movie-specific item from the crane game so I have to keep an eye on the movies anyway.

Any suggestions? :cool:

Start of day 16 Diphylleia.png
Haul from day 16 Diphylleia.png
Decided to start a new save to play with the remix-mine exclusive weapons. Did a run with them for the desert festival. This is day 16 and I did not do day 15 for the festival as I did not realize that I have yet to do the cutscene for the community center. I also don't have the skull key but desert festival at least allows you to access SC even without the key. I also ended up doing joja which is a first time for me and was also the reason why I only got two days for that day

Startup for day 17 Diphylleia.png
Diphylleia outcome for day 17.png
Final day of the festival. Started the run at 1PM as I had to stock up on salads. Got 4 prismatic shards and the day is luckier than the previous day. This run was alright and I earned a total of 170 iridium ore. Pretty neat I'd say

Honestly pretty fun run with those remix mine weapons. Those weapons deal low damage (Femur is 6-11 while elf blade was 3-5 dmg). Also had a cutlass for the funsies which at least helped combat monsters

Also nice finally got to spoilering the images

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Spring Year 5 is finally done as I've had less motivation after reaching perfection on the 1st of this season, so it's been slo. This season has been more about quality of life than game accomplishments. Next season will be: Journey of the Prairie King 😱

But first, Spring. For starters I donated my Legends to the Community Center:
CommunityFish.JPG

Not such a big deal as I have so many Legends II in the house tanks and I don't think Emily even noticed. Though she's probably just being nice. Next up was what to spend g on now that there's the ugly yellow thing tucked into the far corner of the farm? Oh, how about a matching statue!
MoarMeow.JPG

Why not? It's really just a guilt statue as when I see something unusual pop up from the golden one, I know that I'm missing someone's birthday. Great, I'm now doing the guilt-trip quest.

Fine! I can make myself feel (and look!) better by buying things and Tailoring them. Like these!:

MeowfinityBlade.JPG

The Meowfinity Blade. Slicey, Stabby, Sparkly, Feline! Everything I ever wanted in comically oversized cutlery.

Not satisfied with one overwhelmingly awesome trinket, I grinded for Cinder Shards to make:

CrystalClownShoes.JPG

CrystalClown Shoes. Blinding white sears the retinas of my foes while the faint tinkle... of bells! not that tinkle! The bells lull them to sleep.
It takes a special person to pull off white shoes with so many different outfits. I'm not that person but I need to ask for fashion pointers when I finally find them.

Also I have been engaging in 2 reforestry efforts, one at the Railroad Crossing which is only half-finished so far:
Bobbi_8-5-2024_6901903.png

And the other at the Ginger Farm:
GingerFarm.JPG

Skull Cavern runs result in quite the Fruit Tree sapling drop rate so that's every Tree you see here.

Finally, I'm accumulating things for...

A purpose-thing. Probably.

To be determined later. Possibly by someone who's not me. Anyway I have a few things:

Riches.JPG

The Mystery Boxes were in the hundreds until I found you can trade them for Magic Rock Candy, so I've been accumulating those and LOL forgot to pop them in there. Have about 2 dozen now. But I've never used them so continue to forget them EVERY TIME I do a Skull Cavern run.

Maybe some day I will enjoy their Rainbow Crunch but that's a taste for a future season.

Summer of year five is beginning, and I have another new room in the house that I'm trying to fill with kegs. I also have kegs in the living room, but for Penny's sake I only use those for coffee. I'm trying to clean up around the farm, as a lot of trees have been growing and blocking routes, and I'm also adding more stone pathways.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Spring Year 5 is finally done as I've had less motivation after reaching perfection on the 1st of this season, so it's been slo. This season has been more about quality of life than game accomplishments. Next season will be: Journey of the Prairie King 😱

But first, Spring. For starters I donated my Legends to the Community Center:
View attachment 24310

Not such a big deal as I have so many Legends II in the house tanks and I don't think Emily even noticed. Though she's probably just being nice. Next up was what to spend g on now that there's the ugly yellow thing tucked into the far corner of the farm? Oh, how about a matching statue!
View attachment 24311

Why not? It's really just a guilt statue as when I see something unusual pop up from the golden one, I know that I'm missing someone's birthday. Great, I'm now doing the guilt-trip quest.

Fine! I can make myself feel (and look!) better by buying things and Tailoring them. Like these!:

View attachment 24312
The Meowfinity Blade. Slicey, Stabby, Sparkly, Feline! Everything I ever wanted in comically oversized cutlery.

Not satisfied with one overwhelmingly awesome trinket, I grinded for Cinder Shards to make:

View attachment 24313
CrystalClown Shoes. Blinding white sears the retinas of my foes while the faint tinkle... of bells! not that tinkle! The bells lull them to sleep.
It takes a special person to pull off white shoes with so many different outfits. I'm not that person but I need to ask for fashion pointers when I finally find them.

Also I have been engaging in 2 reforestry efforts, one at the Railroad Crossing which is only half-finished so far:
View attachment 24314

And the other at the Ginger Farm:
View attachment 24315
Skull Cavern runs result in quite the Fruit Tree sapling drop rate so that's every Tree you see here.

Finally, I'm accumulating things for...

A purpose-thing. Probably.

To be determined later. Possibly by someone who's not me. Anyway I have a few things:

View attachment 24316

The Mystery Boxes were in the hundreds until I found you can trade them for Magic Rock Candy, so I've been accumulating those and LOL forgot to pop them in there. Have about 2 dozen now. But I've never used them so continue to forget them EVERY TIME I do a Skull Cavern run.

Maybe some day I will enjoy their Rainbow Crunch but that's a taste for a future season.
I like to think Lew achieves perfection Y1 Spring 1.

Also, that is truly the true form of the galaxy sword. Truly

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like to think Lew achieves perfection Y1 Spring 1.

Also, that is truly the true form of the galaxy sword. Truly
Awwww that's so sweet! :heart:

Which means it's all downhill from there! Spending the rest of the game figuring where it all went wrong but at least doing it fashionably. However I will never reach the level of my sensei, sameperson_differentfont, who has all the obtainable Clothing in the game, save one. However that is true wisdom for it teaches the student always to strive for more as, even as something is unreachable now, the future holds possibilities not yet known.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Given Lew's farm name, I think it should be called the "Infinitive Sword."
Yes! To sword or not two words, that is a homonym and anagram, not a question.

Heehee if it weren't for 8 years of Spanish, I'd never have learned what the different tenses were 'cuz I sure never learned any of that chaff in English classes.

Maher

Planter
Trixie now has over 90 diamond producing crystalaria in her house. I switched her profession over to gemologist from blacksmith to maximize the profit from those. She hardly ever sells ingots anyway. They all get used to make crystalaria. She also has a crystalarium for each of the other major gems. She bought herself a beach obelisk to make it easier to reach the SE corner of the map. She's tentatively courting Elliott, but if she hears about how afraid he is of growing old and dying alone, she might just write him off.

After finally maxing out all production I feel like maxing out on my Meadowlands farm, I finally got enough resources aside to place a shed on the opposite side of the river near the shrine. What I will use it for, I don't know just yet. I'm finally at that stage where I'm putting finishing decorative touches on things.

Late last week, a monster from Dangerous Skull Caverns dropped a Perfect Ice Rod for me :awe:
Yesterday, I decided to spend close to a full day in the Dangerous Skull Caverns with more than one Hot Java Ring functionally equipped and the Parrot Level 4 Trinket. It wasn't even a Stardrop luck day -- just a "completely neutral luck" day. I wasn't trying to get as far down into the Caverns as I could or even trying to grind for Radioactive Ore... just trying to kill as many monsters as possible. This Level 4 Parrot is something else -- sometimes, it gave me as much as a 2000g drop from killing one monster! And small slimes that arise from "breaking apart" big slimes each have a chance to drop gold with this Parrot! Also, on those floors that seem filled with those heavy armored bugs, with my Bug-Killer enchanted Battle Dancer's Fan (from Ridgeside Village), those bugs are a piece of cake to kill by swinging fast to further increase those gold-drop opportunities! And mummies always seem to come in big numbers in Dangerous Skull Caverns! Not that much of a problem to deal with equipped with a Crusader-enchanted Infinity Gavel! By the end of the day, I had picked up over 100,000g just from killing monsters and was able to sell over 200 cups of coffee from Hot Java Ring drops. Not bad for a day's work! 😎