1.6 Update What earns tickets at the mayors house?

Provided there's a ticket in your backpack, you click at the red Prize Machine at Lewis' and push the button. You always get the prize on the far left, the others then move up from right to left.

I'm not sure if it's drop from anything...?
No drops that I'm aware of but there is a hidden freebie one in the east side of town.

I don't think so, it didn't happen to me so far.
BUT - it happened to me not once that a ticket was promised, but I didn't get any. Or it wasn't promised, and I got one. 🧐
I've seen some people confused about this, and here's my take on it (for what is worth): You get a ticket for every third help wanted quest completed. If you have two quests open at once after already completing two, both have the potential to become the third completed (and thus ticket earning) quest regardless of which had the ticket icon.

So you might see the ticket symbol on Abby's request, as it will be the third you'd accepted. However, you still have an open quest for Willy, which means whichever is completed last will be the third quest regardless of which had the symbol upon acceptance. Likewise, you might accept a request from Sam that will be your third completed and so has the ticket icon. But then you accept one from Maru while that one's still open, so while it didn't have the icon, it can still become the third quest completed if you finish it first.

Last edited:

Odyssey

Tiller
I don't think so, it didn't happen to me so far.
BUT - it happened to me not once that a ticket was promised, but I didn't get any. Or it wasn't promised, and I got one. 🧐
You get the ticket on the 3rd help wanted quest you complete. When you're at 2 out of 3 quests any new quests that show up will have the icon indicating you'll get a ticket as part of your reward, but if you have 2 such quests active at the same time only the first one you complete will give you a ticket (the 2nd will count as quest 1 in the next batch of 3).

In the same way if you've done 1 quest and have 2 more active, the second one you complete will give you a ticket despite the icon not being displayed on the board when you accepted the quest.

No drops that I'm aware of but there is abhidden freebie one in the east side of town.

I've seen some people confused about this, and here's my take on it (for what is worth): You get a ticket for every third help wanted quest completed. If you have two quests open at once after already completing two, both have the potential to become the third completed (and thus ticket earning) quest regardless of which had the ticket icon.

So you might see the ticket symbol on Abby's request, as it will be the third you'd accepted. However, you still have an open quest for Willy, which means whichever is completed last will be the third quest regardless of which had the symbol upon acceptance. Likewise, you might accept a request from Sam that will be your third completed and so has the ticket icon. But then you accept one from Maru while that one's still open, so while it didn't have the icon, it can still become the third quest completed if you finish it first.
You get the ticket on the 3rd help wanted quest you complete. When you're at 2 out of 3 quests any new quests that show up will have the icon indicating you'll get a ticket as part of your reward, but if you have 2 such quests active at the same time only the first one you complete will give you a ticket (the 2nd will count as quest 1 in the next batch of 3).

In the same way if you've done 1 quest and have 2 more active, the second one you complete will give you a ticket despite the icon not being displayed on the board when you accepted the quest.
Okay, thanks. Sounds more complicated as it probably is. I will check it out next time.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Now is help wanted the small bulletin board by Pierre’s or the giant one that shows up later on a bush by the river?

Now is help wanted the small bulletin board by Pierre’s or the giant one that shows up later on a bush by the river?
Both of them. At the small bulletin board, the ticket is indicated as an additional prize in the order. The big board does not indicate it, but as soon as you fulfil the order, there will be a ticket visible at the mailbox right next to the board.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
You also get tickets from certain calendar events, especially ones like the Egg Hunt and the Ice Fishing, when you beat them 1st place again, after the first time you completed them.

nicodeux

Farmer
No drops that I'm aware of but there is abhidden freebie one in the east side of town.
Yes, Prize Tickets don't drop. They are rewards from the bulletin board (every 3 quests completed), from the special orders board (most of the quests), from festivals (when initial reward was already claimed by the farmer, for example). The only one that can be claimed at any time is the one hidden behind the bookseller shop (even when his is not in town). An upgraded axe is required, though.