What do you think of the character Sophia?

Subnatsuki

Greenhorn
This post is dedicated to character Sophia from the mod Stardew valley Expanded. Do you think she would become an official game npc?

Asdsdds.JPG.jpg

Koin

Greenhorn
I would love to see her in the main game cause she fits so perfectly as a char in the world and she also gives a more character to Gus in a way through some off her cutscenes.

I kinda hate how deppressed she is in your first year, although the more your friendship points adds up the more cheerful and quirky she gets.

So to be honest she would be a good addition to the vanilla game.

mouse

Farmer
I don't think it's very likely for any modded NPCs to join the vanilla game - remember CA initially did every part of this game on his own, over years. Just randomly adding someone else's entire NPC, however well-made, seems pretty unlikely, especially since in order for the NPC to make sense in the mod, everything about her (custom locations, events, dialogue, etc) is based on her living in SVE with references to SVE content.

I think that's a good thing, though! Consider that it's pretty easy to mod Stardew Valley and play with all the custom NPCs you could ever desire, so when we get game updates, it's not just recycled content from mods you've already played, but things the dev thinks would be fun and new on their own, unhindered by what people have already done in mods, and able to make changes to the game wherever necessary to support it.

Meanwhile, mod authors get to just tinker around and make what they want, when they want, without handing over content to an official team on a slower update cycle. You get the best of both worlds :)

chrisdeaap

Farmhand
I really want some mods to expand on this character, like dialogue overhaul's or seasonal character outfits. Currently there is not much available.

ClaraCatte

Sodbuster
Sophia is okay, but the biggest complaints I've seen about her is she's a mary-sue. Basically a self-insert waifu that loves to cosplay and lost her parents while somehow being able to take care of the farm all by herself and everyone in town likes her and her products (including Penny who hates all alcoholic products except hers). That definitely rubs me the wrong way. She's got potential, but....she needs work.

Do I think she'd ever become canon? Absolutely not unless the writing is overhauled drastically.