Creator Response What are your favorite play styles?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I've been able to play the board game a handful of times now, and though I very much prefer the hoe or watering can as tools, I find myself gravitating towards the fishing profession a lot hahaha. Another person I play with has done the mining profession like every time, too. What are your favorites? Any particular activities you like to gravitate towards in the board game?

kailomonkey

Tiller
I have just played my first game. I needed to finish with 10 gold so I chose the hoe. Solo has mixed profession so I mostly chose farming upgrades, I found a fishing upgrade useful for a moment but by winter I had 2 farming upgrades and level 2 hoe. I wouldn't recommend this because winter was not a good farming season of course and I only got 9 out of 10 goals, had to miss the gold one! Joja didn't help either!

It may be too early to talk about favourite strategies for me :P But as a solo player I tried to get my hoe up first for a goal and toward profit then make friends but still rarely had gifts to make friends.

jstoried

Cowpoke
I wouldn't say I have a specific profession I lean towards (though I play with someone who likes to fish if that's needed). I mostly play 2-player, and typically if we have a Legendary Fish or Descend the Mine goal we will each focus on one of those as our priority, splitting up everything else based on who is making the best progress.

I find it's pretty rare that we choose the hoe; it seems like -- at least in multiplayer -- the watering can is (almost) always more useful. I'd be interested in hearing cases where that's not the case.

Blauwfuur

Cowpoke
I like money, I like the watering can <3
As for professions, all except farming are exciting and wild and cool :D