What’s your luckiest encounter

Johndeere756

Planter
I just remembered probably my luckiest moment. On one file I built several fish ponds including 2 rainbow trout. I think I am year 5 and no prismatic shards. Well, I started another game and decided to do just 1 trout pond. The second day after it was full it produced one! It's funny how I can go years with 2 ponds and not get one, and then get a prismatic shard almost immediately in another game.

Phate4569

Planter
At the Winter Festival, Jodi gave me a "glow ring."
Yes, I am so happy that I did not need to cut down the trees.
You don't need torches or rings. You can turn up the brightness, and just break rocks until you get ladders to power through them. You'll slightly see (and hear) all the baddies, so you can swing a sword at them.

My luckiest was getting 3 Lucky Rings in one day on the save I'm currently on. 2 back-to-back pannings and one Skull Cavern drop.

Second luckiest was in my original save (1.3), Unlocked the quarry and there was a mystic stone that yielded a Prismatic Shard (Back when they were harder to find).

jalexs

Newcomer
On my current file, I reeled in a treasure chest on Spring 4, Year 1. That was an instant 5,000g, making for possibly the smoothest early game I've ever had.
I had a fishing based playthrough. Did nothing but fish and build fish ponds. I've NEVER reeled in a treasure chest on any playthrough -.-

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hmmm... 2:00am, Neptune's Glaive, couple Diamonds and Fire Quartz, fingers full up with expensive Rings. Small Backpack full of aromatic Fish announcing your presence to anyone with a nose from 50 meters away. Not enough energy left to fight off even a small frog.

And no Return Sceptre.

But only 3 g. Just how is Dr. Harvey supposed to stay in business if he can't fleece you for an honest 10% and still pay the rent on Maru's nurse cap?

Well, at least it wasn't in the Mines, so you had enough time to stuff the Glaive, Rings and Diamonds into the stinkiest no-star Bullheads at the bottom of your pack so no random passers-by (who might be named Marlon...) happen to alleviate your burden and then charge you the next day for the ambiguous "service" of storing finding it for you. And he'd never 'find' the Iridium Carp which just happen to end up in his Koi pond.

Total coincidence, there.

shurpresa

Tiller
My gf found the grass hat by total accident, we didnt even knew it existed at that point. I dont know what are the chances of that hat, but i didnt ever find anotherone