What’s your luckiest encounter

The luckiest encounter for me was receiving the most helpful gift at the winter festival,
Jodi was my secret Santa.
She gave me the most helpful gift I never thought I was going to have,
It was my first SV play and first Winter Festival, and I remembered I needed to make a plan to cut so many trees to make mini torches to visit level 30s. – I was a total beginner and a noob.
At the Winter Festival, Jodi gave me a "glow ring."
Yes, I am so happy that I did not need to cut down the trees.
It's better than working too hard....... :smile:

Hill Myna

Farmer
You might like this thread: what-really-rare-events-have-happened-in-your-saves.1925

On my first and second accounts, I got a Dino Egg from fishing before I even had a Big Coop. On my current account, I had two Prismatic Shards before I'd even reached the bottom of the Mines.

But my luckiest encounter?

That was discovering Stardew Valley. I didn't even want to buy it, my mum did! Guess which one of us has more hours now...

Hill Myna

Farmer
At the Winter Festival, Jodi gave me a "glow ring."
This just reminded me. I got a Small Glow Ring from a crate on my very first trip to the Mines. So useful!

Also, has anybody actually got the Tea Set from the Feast of the Winter Star? I feel like it could be a little less rare, or maybe there could be another way of getting it. I really want one (or twelve) to decorate with!

Boo1972

Farmer
This just reminded me. I got a Small Glow Ring from a crate on my very first trip to the Mines. So useful!

Also, has anybody actually got the Tea Set from the Feast of the Winter Star? I feel like it could be a little less rare, or maybe there could be another way of getting it. I really want one (or twelve) to decorate with!
After 15 years on 3 farms in the valley, Demetrius gave me a tea set my 1st year on my beach farm! I was so excited. It sat on the kitchen table until I built a tea house where the tea set has a place of honor. It’s embarrassing how much I love that pixelated tea pot.

Elenna101

Farmer

I've got it! On the 6th year of my main farm, I think.

Lew Zealand

Helper
But my luckiest encounter?

That was discovering Stardew Valley. I didn't even want to buy it, my mum did! Guess which one of us has more hours now...
Oh yeah, big giant +1 for that. I was watching a YT'er who had a series playing it but never clicked on any of those vids. And kept seeing more and more references to the game, but had zero inclination of what it was all about. The Universe was gently tapping me on the shoulder when it should have been whomping me upside the head with a watermelon.

Then one day I needed something very different. I don't remember why I needed that (which is probably a good thing) but I remembered the feeling the screencaps evoked, so bought it at GOG based on... what it looked like. Didn't even read a review.

And started playing.

Yeah, I've never obsessively played or even done anything like I did SDV during the following weeks and months.

The luckiest functional thing in the game I ever got was probably a Small Glow Ring in the Mines early in that first playthrough but I took forever to figure out a game strategy so I could have gotten that in Year 2. Heh, eyeroll time here. Luckiest thing I ever got in game was probably an AutoPetter, which I subsequently lost when I collapsed in Skull Cavern and was looted by Mr. Qi or possibly small rodents. That love to be petted. Soooo also kinda unlucky.

Maybe I'll just stay with the Small Glow Ring...

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
My first ever solo save I got the tea set year 1 from Pierre (I still remember who gave it to me), and this save has been lost to time. Since my first ever Feast of the Winter Star I have seen over 20 more Feasts of the Winter Star (nearing 30) between that save, 3 multi saves with @Cuusardo and 3 more solo saves... and I have yet to receive even 1 more tea set.

The more I think about it, the more I think the tea set is seriously the most valuable, rarest item in game.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance.....I threw all 3 teacup sets in the TRASH......I keep getting these gifts every Winter Star....

Well, I had more than 3 tea sets.....from Pierre, Penny and not sure who...
I thought Pierre was being stingy.
Penny, on the other hand, I forgive her because of her financial issue...
I thought it was cheap, I did not know It was special.......

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
In my current challenge run to complete the museum in spring (on track to finish it on Spring 11), I was planning to grind out the Skull Caverns to get the prismatic shard.

Instead I found 4 mystic stones, 3 of which dropped prissies.
Also, a serpent dropped one.

Boo1972

Farmer
In my current challenge run to complete the museum in spring (on track to finish it on Spring 11), I was planning to grind out the Skull Caverns to get the prismatic shard.

Instead I found 4 mystic stones, 3 of which dropped prissies.
Also, a serpent dropped one.
Care to share that game seed? Not that I’ll get to the skull cavern that early but a woman can dream….