What’s the difference in SV and SV+ released 7/20/23 for iOS?

susanfincher5

Greenhorn
I bought and played the original SV for iOS. I RSVP to the release of Stardew Valley+ released 7/21/23. When I download it it to me only seem to have better graphics, but I was not able to carry my previously saved game over to the new version unfortunately so now I have 2 SV games on my phone. Scrolling through the new version in the Apple Store, the description seems to be identical to the original version. I have emailed and ask the creators what the differences and have not gotten a response back and I’m curious if anybody knows exactly what it is. I have searched tediously online and so far I’ve only found that an article said that there is no difference except that for people that are subscribe to Apple Arcade. It is a free version versus originally even if subscribe to Apple Arcade you still had to purchase it for $4.99. Not sure if that’s true or not. So far I found out that you cannot transfer your saved farm from the original game. Is there just better graphics, or is there more to the game it’s self, characters, quests, places etc. ?

Attachments

philodygmn

Greenhorn
I expect there would be no difference and that it is purely a way to include Arcade subscribers who have not purchased the app from The App Store. The graphics look identical to me (I’m on iPad and purchased it in 2017 and am an Arcade subscriber).

Last edited:

cflat

Newcomer
I hope in future versions:
- AppleTV with controller support (I thought this was going to be the big difference with the arcade+ version)
- restore game progress from “regular” purchased game progress
- multi player