Weeds

wickedsodaa_

Greenhorn
hellooo! i've been playing Stardew Valley for about 1 years now. My favorite part of the game is decorating the farm. but i've been having this problem with WEEDS. this weeds kept destroying my keg, crops, etc. and sometimes i'd wake up and find one of my paths missing. so, does anybody know what items the weeds could destroy, and is there any way to prevent that from happening?

oh and i'm also wondering, what if i don't have any weeds in my farm, and all of the tiles are already covered in paths, are the weeds still able to destroy my paths?
-
-
thanks in advance ☺

Last edited:
The wiki says that weeds that have spawn on a random tile in the game may indeed spread and destroy any surrounding paths, but I personally don't think they can directly spawn on paths. I've never had that happening to me and I always use a lot of paths. I may be wrong, but that's my guess!
Also, if you like the look of the weeds on your farm but don't want them to harm your crops and paths and stuff, you can fence in the important parts of your farm.

wickedsodaa_

Greenhorn
The wiki says that weeds that have spawn on a random tile in the game may indeed spread and destroy any surrounding paths, but I personally don't think they can directly spawn on paths. I've never had that happening to me and I always use a lot of paths. I may be wrong, but that's my guess!
Also, if you like the look of the weeds on your farm but don't want them to harm your crops and paths and stuff, you can fence in the important parts of your farm.
do you know what items the weeds were able to destroy? for example, can it destroy chests? 'cause i have an area where i put chest and i cover the tile with weeds. thankss 😊

Last edited:
do you know what items the weeds were able to destroy? for example, can it destroy chests? 'cause i have an area where i put chest and i cover the tile with weeds. thankss 😊
I think only tiles, crops, and tree saplings when they haven´t sprouted yet, but that's just my guess. They can't effect chests, however, so that could be a useful barrier!

MrTeapoT

Farmhand
Didn't know before that weed can harm other things more than crop.

I use path to keep it away from my crop and I haven't met any problem along my 600 hrs.

When path was missing, I think it could be effect from thunder that pop it out (and disappear later)

Kegs? Better put allof it in Shed if you can provide. :thumbsup:

In year 3, You'll have and option to permanent prevent any weed to grow.(Hope you'll love to complete it.)

wickedsodaa_

Greenhorn
Didn't know before that weed can harm other things more than crop.

I use path to keep it away from my crop and I haven't met any problem along my 600 hrs.

When path was missing, I think it could be effect from thunder that pop it out (and disappear later)

Kegs? Better put allof it in Shed if you can provide. :thumbsup:

In year 3, You'll have and option to permanent prevent any weed to grow.(Hope you'll love to complete it.)
year 3? i'm in year 7 now and i don't think i've ever seen any option to permanent prevent weed grows? and can i prevent the missing path from thunder??

Cptldsilver

Planter
hellooo! i've been playing Stardew Valley for about 1 years now. My favorite part of the game is decorating the farm. but i've been having this problem with WEEDS. this weeds kept destroying my keg, crops, etc. and sometimes i'd wake up and find one of my paths missing. so, does anybody know what items the weeds could destroy, and is there any way to prevent that from happening?

oh and i'm also wondering, what if i don't have any weeds in my farm, and all of the tiles are already covered in paths, are the weeds still able to destroy my paths?
-
-
thanks in advance ☺
Look into the golden clock from the wizard. It's a late game item so you might not be able to get it yet.

MrTeapoT

Farmhand
year 3? i'm in year 7 now and i don't think i've ever seen any option to permanent prevent weed grows? and can i prevent the missing path from thunder??

Trash bear just introduce in this ver.1.4.

And yes. Golden clock as well

can i prevent the missing path from thunder??
Sorry for that. Trying to scout would be the best choice.

MrTeapoT

Farmhand

You make me scared mate.:owo:

Sorry to everyone if I misunderstood.

Then, What Trash Bear do anyway?

Anhaga

Rancher
When I've had paths destroyed by weeds or lightning, the path materials are always right next to where they had been set--they pop into my inventory and surprise me. That makes them easy to put back!