Wear More Rings

Hill Myna

Farmer
how do you apply mods?
Mods are a way that the community can add, take away, or change features of the game.

They are available on PC and to a lesser extent, Android.

From what I've heard, applying mods is as easy as downloading a couple of files plus the mod(s) that you want to play with/try out. I've never done it, because I've only ever played on Switch!

There are plenty of guides out there, and I'm no expert, so I'll leave that up to someone else (EDIT: Here you go, I found one (for Android)! Silly me, that was easy.).
and isn't that cheating?
If you're in a competition and the mod isn't allowed in the rule set, then yes, I would argue that it is cheating, by definition.

If you're in (non-split screen) Multiplayer and your friends haven't agreed, then you might be in trouble, depending on the mod.

But the rest of the time, people can play how they want, right?

And I've never seen anyone show off their farm without saying "and I have a couple of mods, because for me, they add enjoyment to the game" if they had mods running at any point during that save.

Now, I want to point out that I don't think the Wear More Rings mod is one that I would download, because to me it feels unbalanced.

But while mods like this are definitely on one side of the spectrum, you also have Quality of Life mods that don't alter gameplay to the point where you're gaining an advantage that you wouldn't otherwise get.

Such as a mod that shows the radii of Scarecrows. That's super neat: no more eyeballing whether or not those Green Beans are within the safe zone, because you can check!

There are also mods that simply change some textures, mods that allow you to marry anyone, and mods that add entirely new NPCs or areas to explore. There are even mods that translate the game into different languages!

And mods that do this, mods that do that, and personal mods that you can make yourself!

Anyways, this turned out really long, so I hope this helps!

Last edited: