Weapon forging

Jewelsome

Farmhand
So you can’t actually make new boots in stardew valley but you can custom tailor boots so that you can use a boots aesthetic with the stats you want. I’m a huge fan of this feature and use it a lot, but looking at all the cool sword appearances (and I’m sure daggers and clubs have some pretty cool weapons as well), I thought it would be cool if we could do the same with weapons. Obviously I think the weapons that are being custom forged would have to be the same weapon type, but there could be a little area in clint’s shop to do it. Or even the adventurer’s guild.

Just some food for thought. I really want to be able to have my whole aesthetic complete without having to be confined to the galaxy sword every time. I think it looks cool, but there’s such a variety of swords and you only tend to get the variety when you have the better galaxy sword anyway.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
The Galaxy Sword's for chumps! Lava Katana all the way! Or Galaxy Hammer, I guess... naah, Lava Katana is where it's at. :P

It would be really nice to see hammers and daggers have a few more-useful iterations. I used a hammer for ages, but finally just had to upgrade to a sword that was better. :/

The Galaxy Sword's for chumps! Lava Katana all the way! Or Galaxy Hammer, I guess... naah, Lava Katana is where it's at. :P

It would be really nice to see hammers and daggers have a few more-useful iterations. I used a hammer for ages, but finally just had to upgrade to a sword that was better. :/
Galaxy sword but looks like the Steel smallsword?! I like it!

Jewelsome

Farmhand

Yeah it’s a shame. I always thought that the clubs/hammers were cool but the only useful one is the galaxy hammer.

Potatoes

Farmer

I am also a fan of the lava katana.

It would be cool if you could add elemental abilities to weapons too. Like synth one with frozen tears to give it ice damage, seaweed for water damage, void essences for dark damage or something like that.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
I am also a fan of the lava katana.

It would be cool if you could add elemental abilities to weapons too. Like synth one with frozen tears to give it ice damage, seaweed for water damage, void essences for dark damage or something like that.
That would be aces, and I'd wholeheartedly agree... but combat is so basic, I don't know that there'd be an easy way to implement that, or a need for it. But customizeable craftable weapons would be very cool. And possibly the kind of thing one could build in the CC...

Potatoes

Farmer
That would be aces, and I'd wholeheartedly agree... but combat is so basic, I don't know that there'd be an easy way to implement that, or a need for it. But customizeable craftable weapons would be very cool. And possibly the kind of thing one could build in the CC...
I was also thinking that since the combat system is so basic that it wouldn’t make much of a difference. Maybe it could just add on to the critical rate, or add a certain number of damage points to the attack. Either way, I love things where you can customize and craft weapons (and armor) and still think this would be a pretty cool thing to do.